Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby generalposter » Dec 30th, 2017, 6:05 pm

Ka-El wrote:
generalposter wrote: The point is that if the same joke was made about Muslims and Mohamed it would not be tolerated.

Thank goodness we live in Canada and not some caliphate. I know more than a few Christians and I've never met one to take offence to humor (I got a great Good Friday joke I can tell you). You think we should behave more like the extremists expect?

I'm done answering questions for people, especially such obtuse ones. If you can't understand the meaning of the OP your opinion is moot. You can take the point or leave it. Matters not one iota to me. :130:
generalposter
Fledgling

Liked in: 251 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 30th, 2017, 6:08 pm

generalposter wrote:The point is that if the same joke was made about Muslims and Mohamed it would not be tolerated.

Actually, jokes about Muhamed and Muslims were tolerated pretty well for years until death threats started to be made. As far as i know Christians aren't threatening to kill people over ugly sweaters that add smiley faces to Jesus.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Liked in: 191 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 30th, 2017, 6:09 pm

generalposter wrote: I'm done answering questions for people,

Much appreciated :up:
research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low
childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views

2 people like this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3112 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 30th, 2017, 6:11 pm

generalposter wrote: If you can't understand the meaning of the OP your opinion is moot.

[icon_lol2.gif] we understand the meaning and motive of the OP all to well, in both his incarnations.
research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low
childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views

2 people like this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3112 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 30th, 2017, 6:13 pm

Ka-El wrote:
generalposter wrote: If you can't understand the meaning of the OP your opinion is moot.

[icon_lol2.gif] we understand the meaning and motive of the OP all to well, in both his incarnations.

Umm, that would be incarnation one: Anti-Justin Trudea poster and, incarnation two: Anti-NDP advocate.

Right Ka-El? :D
Terror Twins Inc. Catsumi and QK, at your disposal. We take Bitcoin. Applications to be our accountant and lawyer presently accepted.

Ka-El likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 10841 posts

Postby Fancy » Dec 30th, 2017, 6:25 pm

Gone_Fishin wrote:Classless Trudeau brothers wear sweaters that mock Jesus and the celebration of the Last Supper. Would it be against the law if they were mocking Mohammed?

No mocking in my mind - there weren't the high backed chairs to start with.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
The Pilgrim

Liked in: 5239 posts

Postby Catsumi » Dec 30th, 2017, 6:31 pm

Could this be a planted photo from a JT supporter wishing to DEFLECT from the Ethics Commission giving JT a smart slap across his smug face re holiday last Christmas with his billionaire Muslim buddy?

Or, the renaged electoral reform promise?

Or, the disgusting performance of his Finance Minister (who forgot about his chateaux in France and his millions in offshore accounts?

Or, the Omar payout?

Or, allowing murderous ISIS terrorists/supporters back into Canada?

But no, we have to think about Tshirts, socks and hair.

:135:
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.

2 people like this post.
Catsumi
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 851 posts

Postby Dizzy1 » Dec 30th, 2017, 6:34 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
Can you put the key word in a sentence that answers my question? You do realize that famous religious painting have been altered for years upon years and no one cared until JT worse some sweater with smiley faces?

If his sweater included devil faces then okay, but smiley faces? Cmon people.

Key difference here is that he is a head of state. He should know better. Just because others think it’s funny or whatever or because it’s been altered before, it doesn’t change the fact that it is a very symbolic image for the Christian faith.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4852 posts

Postby vegas1500 » Dec 30th, 2017, 6:35 pm

I’m no good at photoshop but I wonder what people would say if this pic was “shopped” and had a bunch of emoticons in place of heads? Pretty sure I’d be called a racist by some on here....
Attachments
4FDF1F4A-798D-4D82-809E-27E12FA4EFAC.jpeg
4FDF1F4A-798D-4D82-809E-27E12FA4EFAC.jpeg (97.28 KiB) Viewed 146 times

5 people like this post.
vegas1500
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 1026 posts

Postby Dizzy1 » Dec 30th, 2017, 6:48 pm

vegas1500 wrote:I’m no good at photoshop but I wonder what people would say if this pic was “shopped” and had a bunch of emoticons in place of heads? Pretty sure I’d be called a racist by some on here....

Bingo!

While Justin's choice in clothing (gotta admit, the guy does have style) for a head of state was poorly chosen, it doesn't offend me, but the double standards in todays society is astounding.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

4 people like this post.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4852 posts

Postby Merry » Dec 30th, 2017, 7:21 pm

I have to admit that after taking the time to study the background it does look like this picture might be a fake. Because the paneling and cheap wall light just don't seem to fit Trudeau's millionaire status. So, unless it's a vacation cabin or something, I suspect this photo may not be genuine. Anyway I sure hope that's the case, because it really wouldn't be appropriate for our PM to be seen wearing such insensitive attire.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 3735 posts

Postby sobrohusfat » Dec 30th, 2017, 8:16 pm

Merry wrote:... it really wouldn't be appropriate for our PM to be seen wearing such insensitive attire.

...and not because some stupid shirt might cause a few humorless Jesus freaks to get all in a snit and attack the parliament building - no, we all know they won't

The "sensitivity" thing isn't really about vexing Christians or not - lol - get real - nobody cares.
But HE as Prime Minister must at least pretend to care while he crams M-103 down our throats

lets find a photoshoped shot of JT in a shirt like this

new shirt for JT.gif
new shirt for JT.gif (22.34 KiB) Viewed 113 times

....and then watch the same cool heads on here explode [figuratively].

Dizzy1 wrote: but the double standards in todays society is astounding.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

4 people like this post.
sobrohusfat
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1466 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 30th, 2017, 8:22 pm

Merry wrote:I have to admit that after taking the time to study the background it does look like this picture might be a fake.

It was first posted on reddit apparently so probably is fake.

Actually, it was pointed out by a family member that the photo was posted in some sort of sub-forum that's extremely right-wing and full of Trump supporters so wouldn't shock me at all if the photo were shopped.

Either way, it's funny to see people so fake outraged.
Last edited by HorganIsMyHero on Dec 30th, 2017, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Postby Queen K » Dec 30th, 2017, 8:24 pm

I don't care who hates him.

I will defend his civil rights to wear a shirt in private or public, which people disapprove of.

GF, what do you wear that I'd disapprove of?
Terror Twins Inc. Catsumi and QK, at your disposal. We take Bitcoin. Applications to be our accountant and lawyer presently accepted.

2 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 10841 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 30th, 2017, 10:46 pm

Queen K wrote:GF, what do you wear that I'd disapprove of?

probably pink dresses showing Jesus' crucifixion.

2 people like this post.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room