Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby capleton » Dec 31st, 2017, 4:12 pm

Well I don't know if is this true but Christianity and the other monotheistic faiths definitely deserves to be mocked.

2 people like this post.
capleton
Fledgling

Liked in: 60 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Dec 31st, 2017, 4:35 pm

Queen K wrote:GF is saying there are higher standards for leaders. Sure in public. But this was clearly meant to be private.

He tried really hard to keep his illegal trip to Aga Khan's billionaire island private, too. And that was because it was illegal. He and his handlers denied it for almost a year until he was forced to make up new lies (close friends?) that didn't work, either. What I want to know is if this mockery of Christianity is illegal under or contrary to M-103.

That, in the opinion of the House, the government should:

(a) recognize the need to quell the increasing public climate of hate and fear; (b) condemn Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination and take note of House of Commons’ petition e-411 and the issues raised by it; and (c) request that the Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage undertake a study on how the government could

(i) develop a whole-of-government approach to reducing or eliminating systemic racism and religious discrimination including Islamophobia, in Canada, while ensuring a community-centered focus with a holistic response through evidence-based policy-making,

(ii) collect data to contextualize hate crime reports and to conduct needs assessments for impacted communities, and that the Committee should present its findings and recommendations to the House no later than 240 calendar days from the adoption of this motion, provided that in its report, the Committee should make recommendations that the government may use to better reflect the enshrined rights and freedoms in the Constitution Acts, including the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Hey Horgan, orange and green mixed together make brown, and that's the colour of crap!
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3369 posts

Postby the truth » Dec 31st, 2017, 4:37 pm

seems to me its a hate crime under bill m-103
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5820 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 31st, 2017, 5:14 pm

the truth wrote:seems to me its a hate crime under bill m-103

wearing ugly christmas sweaters is a hate crime? lol

5 people like this post.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 31st, 2017, 5:19 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
the truth wrote:seems to me its a hate crime under bill m-103

It's the hatred of Justin Trudeau that is happening here. Keep with the narrative! :laugh:
It must be nice to live in an Ivory Tower, where everyone else makes mistakes. I have no idea what an ivory tower looks like.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12668 posts

Postby Veovis » Dec 31st, 2017, 5:20 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:

To sit in the middle the argument is simply that it isn't just an ugly sweater. I've seen lots of those. However this is a sweater with a direct depiction that can be seen as sacrilegious and therefore applicable under the "hate crime" moniker which is often over used yet upheld and therefore applicable to all religions. (much to our sensibilities hate)

As a hate crime.....ugh we need to relax. most of this site (http://www.tshirthell.com) could be called that, or just satirical humor.

As a world leader.....it is simply really poor taste no matter the reason, much like everything Trump tweets.....and these are simply the silly leaders we have in North America these days....a crime...not really....a reason to not vote for this type of leader...sure.

fvkasm2x likes this post.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 3955 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 31st, 2017, 5:32 pm

People have a right to poor taste, even showing of conspicious wealth is poor taste. Would we argue that leaders have no right to poor taste, even in what is obviously a private place?

Gone_Fishin wrote:
Queen K wrote:GF is saying there are higher standards for leaders. Sure in public. But this was clearly meant to be private.

He tried really hard to keep his illegal trip to Aga Khan's billionaire island private, too. And that was because it was illegal. He and his handlers denied it for almost a year until he was forced to make up new lies (close friends?) that didn't work, either. What I want to know is if this mockery of Christianity is illegal under or contrary to M-103.

That, in the opinion of the House, the government should:

(a) recognize the need to quell the increasing public climate of hate and fear; (b) condemn Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination and take note of House of Commons’ petition e-411 and the issues raised by it; and (c) request that the Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage undertake a study on how the government could

(i) develop a whole-of-government approach to reducing or eliminating systemic racism and religious discrimination including Islamophobia, in Canada, while ensuring a community-centered focus with a holistic response through evidence-based policy-making,

(ii) collect data to contextualize hate crime reports and to conduct needs assessments for impacted communities, and that the Committee should present its findings and recommendations to the House no later than 240 calendar days from the adoption of this motion, provided that in its report, the Committee should make recommendations that the government may use to better reflect the enshrined rights and freedoms in the Constitution Acts, including the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Gone_Fishin, if this shirt is the new standard or becomes the new standard of mockery of Christianity at which we start to prosecute Canadians under M-103, we will need to establish a religious-based court system. Imagine, new monies laid out with religious experts and endless arguing over what is next going to constitute the new low at which to prosecute, Christian or any other religion.

Now I know how much you love seeing the public purse being opened for public endevours such as this. Perhaps wait for real hate crimes, like bombing of religious places of worship, inciting riots and murder of certain religions and such?

But wearing a sacriligious shirt mocking the Last Supper? A proscecutable hate crime? I guess it would have to tie up the Supreme Court to find out right?
It must be nice to live in an Ivory Tower, where everyone else makes mistakes. I have no idea what an ivory tower looks like.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12668 posts

Postby the truth » Dec 31st, 2017, 7:04 pm

like it was already said,if he was wearing a sweater making fun of muhammad , the muslim community would want his head,
but because it was a mock at christianity its no big deal, the hypocrisy from some on here is sickening
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

3 people like this post.
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Hurtlander » Dec 31st, 2017, 10:22 pm

the truth wrote:like it was already said,if he was wearing a sweater making fun of muhammad , the muslim community would want his head,
but because it was a mock at christianity its no big deal, the hypocrisy from some on here is sickening

The only thing that’s sickening is the realization that certain people are too ignorant to not understand that photo is fake.
Hurtlander
Guru

Liked in: 3983 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jan 1st, 2018, 11:00 am

Hurtlander wrote: The only thing that’s sickening is the realization that certain people are too ignorant to not understand that photo is fake.

Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative. Even here we are subject to “fake news” from the right (check out joe's thread). It is interesting to watch the right-wingers here continue to whine about “fake news” as more and more evidence is continually being presented (even here on Castanet) that it is the right who have been behind this agenda from the beginning. Ya, these guys love throwing the term hypocrite around, but most of us see the irony in that.
Not a Russian Bot !

oneh2obabe likes this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4418 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Jan 1st, 2018, 12:42 pm

God we need to get rid of the Trudeaus. Just sickening
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

the truth likes this post.
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2677 posts

Postby fvkasm2x » Jan 1st, 2018, 1:55 pm

Merry wrote:I've never seen these particular sweat shirts before, but given the sensitive nature of religion I would think having the leader of our country wear one is in very poor taste (as well as demonstrating a significant lack of good judgement).

This is my sentiment as well.

I am not religious and in fact, I hate ALL religions. ALL OF THEM.
But there is 100% no way that JT would EVER wear a shirt poking fun of Mohammed. NOT EVER.

So I wonder why it's alright to potentially offend one group of religious people and not others?

Doesn't matter if you like JT or not, I'd bet that sweater is more offensive than not to those who are devout Christian or Catholic and someone intelligent should know that. I know I'd feel poorly if I thought my belief system was being mocked by my "leader."

Hurtlander wrote:The only thing that’s sickening is the realization that certain people are too ignorant to not understand that photo is fake.

I was wondering about this also. I can't seem to find ANYTHING about it, good or bad. It's like it never even happened... even though that one MP blasted JT on Twitter. But there was no follow up. Not even an apology or anything (if it's fake).
Last edited by fvkasm2x on Jan 1st, 2018, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2 people like this post.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Liked in: 1174 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 1st, 2018, 2:11 pm

100% correct,
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Postby 36Drew » Jan 2nd, 2018, 3:45 am

Those sweaters are hilariously hideous. Thanks for pointing them out. I've ordered myself a couple from https://www.shelfies.com/products/happy-birthday-jesus-sweater.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.

2 people like this post.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 509 posts

Postby pepecat » Jan 2nd, 2018, 9:18 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:God we need to get rid of the Trudeaus. Just sickening

Ha Ha Once again the righteous rightists prove that they really are not very smart. It doesn't take a genius to have one look at the photo to see that it's been photoshopped. But no, the usual idiots fall all over it. And then use it to call for political reform. lol
pepecat
Fledgling

Liked in: 284 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room