Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby 36Drew » Jan 4th, 2018, 4:57 pm

the truth wrote:
Fancy wrote:I don't think it matters one way or the other. Anyone getting upset over the picture needs to understand the circumstances surrounding the photo. I can appreciate the levity of the situation and I wonder why the need to keep reposting a private photo?


would you say the same thing if the sweater was making fun of mouhammed
we know if jt was wearing a sweater making fun of mouhammed , they-muslim community- would want jt head


Well we're not the Muslim community. No, I couldn't give two *bleep* if the sweater were depicting Muhammed instead of the 12 disciples. I'd find it equally as hilarious.

Obviously you're offended at a a fictional figure having a smiley face superimposed over its face. Are you going to tell me you'd be even more offended if it we're Muhammed? I suspect you wouldn't be offended at all if it weren't your religious figure, which makes you the hypocrite.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2393
Likes: 25 posts
Liked in: 505 posts
Joined: Mar 29th, 2009, 3:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby Ka-El » Jan 4th, 2018, 5:08 pm

With all the things we could be criticizing Trudeau for (in addition to his socks and hair), now its his sweaters?
Good grief. No wonder the Conservatives lost the last election.
research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low
childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views

Fancy likes this post.
User avatar
Ka-El
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4464
Likes: 2265 posts
Liked in: 3907 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby Fancy » Jan 4th, 2018, 5:10 pm

the truth wrote:would you say the same thing if the sweater was making fun of mouhammed

Was he born on Christmas Day? Go figure.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 45116
Likes: 1113 posts
Liked in: 5776 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby the truth » Jan 4th, 2018, 5:12 pm

fyi ,i hate all religions ,i have no use for any of them , all they are ,are cults for the weak minded , so no i am not offended at the sweater he is wearing , but according to bill 103 ,it's a hate crime that simple
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 14022
Likes: 8792 posts
Liked in: 5216 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby Fancy » Jan 4th, 2018, 5:27 pm

the truth wrote:but according to bill 103 ,it's a hate crime that simple
No it is not.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 45116
Likes: 1113 posts
Liked in: 5776 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby the truth » Jan 4th, 2018, 5:40 pm

yes it is, if he wants to make fun of christianity i am ok with that, now lets see him make fun of the muslim faith that way and lets see what happens
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 14022
Likes: 8792 posts
Liked in: 5216 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby Fancy » Jan 4th, 2018, 5:52 pm

the truth wrote:yes it is,
First, you need to understand what Motion 103 is about. Secondly, the definition of a hate crime does not fit.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 45116
Likes: 1113 posts
Liked in: 5776 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby the truth » Jan 4th, 2018, 6:04 pm

i understand it very well , people can make fun of every faith just not the muslim faith, so yes that makes it a hate crime
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 14022
Likes: 8792 posts
Liked in: 5216 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Jan 4th, 2018, 6:06 pm

Are ugly Muslim faith sweaters even a thing? Are you guys suggesting Trudeau would never spend a bunch of time designing some Muhammed picture with a smiley face and then printing it onto a sweater? I'm guessing he'd never do that because it's the stupidest endeavour ever and not because of any double standard.

JLives likes this post.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister
 
Posts: 448
Likes: 119 posts
Liked in: 234 posts
Joined: Aug 5th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby JLives » Jan 4th, 2018, 6:23 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:Are ugly Muslim faith sweaters even a thing? Are you guys suggesting Trudeau would never spend a bunch of time designing some Muhammed picture with a smiley face and then printing it onto a sweater? I'm guessing he'd never do that because it's the stupidest endeavour ever and not because of any double standard.


Exactly. Ugly Ramadan sweaters aren't a thing. There is no double standard.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
User avatar
JLives
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15660
Likes: 2959 posts
Liked in: 5545 posts
Joined: Nov 27th, 2004, 11:53 am

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby Jflem1983 » Jan 4th, 2018, 6:28 pm

JLives wrote:
HorganIsMyHero wrote:Are ugly Muslim faith sweaters even a thing? Are you guys suggesting Trudeau would never spend a bunch of time designing some Muhammed picture with a smiley face and then printing it onto a sweater? I'm guessing he'd never do that because it's the stupidest endeavour ever and not because of any double standard.


Exactly. Ugly Ramadan sweaters aren't a thing. There is no double standard.



Tgey dont currently exist because no one is that rude. The fact our twit of a pm would wear something offensive to so many. While pretending to be some great inclusive being. Smacks of hypocracy
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
User avatar
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3858
Likes: 7949 posts
Liked in: 2224 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 11:38 am

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby JLives » Jan 4th, 2018, 6:34 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:Tgey dont currently exist because no one is that rude. The fact our twit of a pm would wear something offensive to so many. While pretending to be some great inclusive being. Smacks of hypocracy


Nobody believes for a second any of you are genuinely offended by the sweater. Do know why? Nobody is b*tching about the actual sweater. Or the websites and stores that sell the sweaters, or the parties people have where many of us wear the sweaters. It's not about the sweater AT ALL. It's whiny crybaby snowflakes moaning about Trudeau. Just like they do every other day about other mundane stuff.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

4 people like this post.
User avatar
JLives
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15660
Likes: 2959 posts
Liked in: 5545 posts
Joined: Nov 27th, 2004, 11:53 am

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby Bsuds » Jan 4th, 2018, 6:39 pm

JLives wrote: It's whiny crybaby snowflakes moaning about Trudeau.


:up: :up:
I have never tried Yoga but I bent over to pick up my keys once so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 42142
Likes: 8185 posts
Liked in: 10359 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby Fancy » Jan 4th, 2018, 6:47 pm

Jflem1983 wrote: The fact our twit of a pm would wear something offensive to so many.
Where were you a year ago when the picture was posted? People are hypocrites when they do something in the privacy of a home but not in public because it might offend someone?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 45116
Likes: 1113 posts
Liked in: 5776 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby MrSandman » Jan 4th, 2018, 6:51 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:Tgey dont currently exist because no one is that rude. The fact our twit of a pm would wear something offensive to so many. While pretending to be some great inclusive being. Smacks of hypocracy

don't hate the player, hate the game
User avatar
MrSandman
 
Posts: 71
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 71 posts
Joined: Jun 22nd, 2016, 9:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest