Camp trailers Scotty Creek

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Camp trailers Scotty Creek

Postby bearslayer » Feb 8th, 2018, 3:13 pm

at what point in time did everyone out here think it was ok to put a junk trailer out front of the house for 51 weeks of the year and think its just fine. this was a nice area when we came 28 years ago,now it looks like *bleep*. every 3rd house has one of these,time to stop. rent a pad ,no one whats to see this.
bearslayer

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Camp trailers Scotty Creek

Postby gsc » Feb 8th, 2018, 4:25 pm

I get your frustrations but not much you can do unless they are parked on the street and unhooked from the truck or vehicle. Also renting a place to put them costs money and I'm sure they don't wanna spend more then they have to.

As much as it bugs you it is there yard or driveway and if that's where they wanna park it then there's not to much one can do. Other than being an eye sore if its not hurting anyone, doesn't stink, or is completely falling apart then there is a lot worse things that could be there.

We do live in a place that sells it's self of camping, the beach and shopping. I don't think there is a street in Kelowna that doesn't have one or more camping trailers on it. Welcome to the Okanagan and it's life style. Hopefully things work out for you though and sorry to hear about your frustrations.
“As you know, madness is like gravity...all it takes is a little push.”
"Why so serious? Let's put a smile on that face"
― The Joker - Heath Ledger

2 people like this post.
gsc
Board Meister

Liked in: 351 posts

Postby Bsuds » Feb 8th, 2018, 4:39 pm

I'm sure they are not all "junk" trailers. We are not in Scotty Creek but do have a large trailer parked on our property.
It's a few years old now but new was worth $80-90k. Not exactly junk and gets used min 1 week every month in the Summer.
Storage for one this size is well over $100/mo so it's to my advantage to be able to park on my own property.

Within a block of our place there are at least 5 other trailers. Some nice and some not so nice. Doesn't bother me a bit.
Nowadays it's almost rude to ask a question without Googling it first!

3 people like this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 9807 posts

Postby Fancy » Feb 8th, 2018, 5:22 pm

Lots of boats, trailers and campers in our neck of the woods in the driveways, between houses etc. Just think how much fun everyone is having. I think it's great.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

2 people like this post.
Fancy
The Pilgrim

Liked in: 5487 posts

Postby dirtybiker » Feb 8th, 2018, 6:47 pm

Fancy wrote:Lots of boats, trailers and campers in our neck of the woods in the driveways, between houses etc. Just think how much fun everyone is having. I think it's great.

Hardest part is building the time to actually use them.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 2558 posts

Postby Fancy » Feb 8th, 2018, 8:32 pm

True - if they're sitting on the property they're not getting used :(

So in the summer are those same properties that's causing a problem storing their snowmobiles and ice huts in the driveways?
Fancy
The Pilgrim

Postby normaM » Feb 9th, 2018, 7:53 am

I don't think trailers and big boats should be parked on residential houses property. Had a big old trailer next for what was to be 2 months, there 10 months.. they finally moved it. If you own a 40,000 plus trailer $100 a month isn't going to break the bank imo
btw, there are restrictions re how close it can be to public sidewalks, etc.
Don't think yourself as an ugly person... Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey
normaM
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1206 posts

Postby Fancy » Feb 9th, 2018, 8:53 am

normaM wrote:I don't think trailers and big boats should be parked on residential houses property. Had a big old trailer next for what was to be 2 months, there 10 months.. they finally moved it. If you own a 40,000 plus trailer $100 a month isn't going to break the bank imo

Nope, not getting a place to store our stuff when we have the room on our property. What a pain it would be to have to stock up never mind the extra time it would take. Never looked into off site storage but wouldn't even consider it if it's not accessible 24/7. Money is money and that extra $100 a month you want people to spend I would rather go to multiple insurances, gas, supplies and beer.

4 people like this post.
Fancy
The Pilgrim

Postby LTD » Feb 9th, 2018, 10:50 am

i wouldn't either I'm pretty much sick and tired of being told what i can and cant do on my property don't like my boat parked on my property tough luck don't like my rv to bad if its not on the street its none of your dam business

5 people like this post.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2209 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 9th, 2018, 11:34 am

Consider yourself very lucky you don't live next door to Bman. There are cars there that haven't run in MANY years. :D
alanjh595
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1628 posts

Postby gsc » Feb 9th, 2018, 7:06 pm

LTD wrote:i wouldn't either I'm pretty much sick and tired of being told what i can and cant do on my property don't like my boat parked on my property tough luck don't like my rv to bad if its not on the street its none of your dam business

Yep I'm In the same boat as you. If it's on my property not yours don't look at it. To many people like to make your business there own.

Here's an idea if you don't want your neighbors boat at there house then you rent them float space. If you don't wanna see a trailer in your neighbors you offer to have it in a 24/7 storage facility.
“As you know, madness is like gravity...all it takes is a little push.”
"Why so serious? Let's put a smile on that face"
― The Joker - Heath Ledger

2 people like this post.
gsc
Board Meister

Liked in: 351 posts

Postby normaM » Feb 10th, 2018, 6:27 am

but yea people complain they are going to have to smell the neighbours weed smoke
Funny how it is all MYOB until someone does something bugs you :)
Don't think yourself as an ugly person... Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey
normaM
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1206 posts

Postby Bsuds » Feb 10th, 2018, 7:26 am

normaM wrote:I don't think trailers and big boats should be parked on residential houses property. Had a big old trailer next for what was to be 2 months, there 10 months.. they finally moved it. If you own a 40,000 plus trailer $100 a month isn't going to break the bank imo
Fancy wrote:Nope, not getting a place to store our stuff when we have the room on our property. What a pain it would be to have to stock up never mind the extra time it would take. Never looked into off site storage but wouldn't even consider it if it's not accessible 24/7. Money is money and that extra $100 a month you want people to spend I would rather go to multiple insurances, gas, supplies and beer.

Exactly and considering what we pay in property taxes etc then if we have the room then why not use it.

All the carriage houses being built upset me so get rid of them! See what this attitude can lead to.

People need to be more tolerant and less me, me, me!
Nowadays it's almost rude to ask a question without Googling it first!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 9807 posts

Postby Fancy » Feb 10th, 2018, 8:18 am

normaM wrote:but yea people complain they are going to have to smell the neighbours weed smoke
Funny how it is all MYOB until someone does something bugs you :)
My storage of our pleasure items are of no business to the neighbours as it does NOT affect the neighbours in any way. Nothing is blocking their view. Has the OP complained about vehicles parking on the street? Or the Christmas decorations on people's lawns? The ugly shrubs some have or unpruned trees? Mind your own stall. I don't know of any neighbourhood that doesn't have such things on their property.

cubafreak likes this post.
Fancy
The Pilgrim

Postby johnny24 » Feb 10th, 2018, 8:57 am

bearslayer wrote:at what point in time did everyone out here think it was ok to put a junk trailer out front of the house for 51 weeks of the year and think its just fine. this was a nice area when we came 28 years ago,now it looks like *bleep*. every 3rd house has one of these,time to stop. rent a pad ,no one whats to see this.

As you can see here, I think you're in the minority with your opinion. Why do you think everyone should change their lifestyle to suit your standards?

2 people like this post.
johnny24
Board Meister

Liked in: 228 posts

Next

Return to Bickering Room