Trudeau's "vacation" in India

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 22nd, 2018, 1:10 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:Okay....I never said anything about condoning violence against women or that talking about it is stupid.


Then you shouldn't have called it stupid then, or at least qualified your statement.

I simply don't believe the story


And that's fine. I do believe you when you say you are unemployed.

and wonder why it needs to be repeated all the time.


It doesn't get repeated all the time. The only time it does get brought up now is when you bring it up. Weird how that works.

Anyone know why the pictures of Sophie Trudeau in Indian garb standing with the attempted murderer are so blurry? The pictures of the invitation for the attempted murderer are also really blurry.


Good question.
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 27650
Likes: 11782 posts
Liked in: 15599 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 22nd, 2018, 1:16 pm

Happilyretired wrote:GB, you need to be able to take constructive criticism-


You don't know me very well, and you also don't know the past history I share with these dick-head posters. If it had just been you criticizing me, we probably could have had a civil discourse, but notice how the dick-heads piled on as soon as they saw fresh meat join the GB bashing parade. If you want to take this to PM where you can continue to give me constructive criticism I'd be happy to do that, and our back and forths wouldn't be public for the brainless dick-heads to jump on. Your choice.

the first thing I notice you do is to deflect to other posters.


I do that, for sure. I also wonder why someone like you seems to be picking on me, and not also soundly and roundly condemning the other posters who jumped on me. It occurs to me it's probably because you don't know the depths of ignorance these posters have in common, and their lack of integrity. Stick around, you'll see you've aligned yourself, unwittingly, with some real beauties.

You also take things way out of context - just because someone brought up the fact that you use the example of your wife being bullied does not automatically imply they condone violence against women or that it is ‘stupid’ -


Did you actually read Horgan's post? He called my story, about violence against women, "stupid". How the :cuss: else was I supposed to take it? And the post was coming from an incredibly stupid person to boot, so there's that too.

Yes, you are correct, others do make outrageous statements, .


Image

why was that so hard????
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 27650
Likes: 11782 posts
Liked in: 15599 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby CapitalB » Feb 22nd, 2018, 2:05 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:Stick around, you'll see you've aligned yourself, unwittingly, with some real beauties.


Why do you make this a matter of opposing sides? Are we not all canadians meeting in a public forum to discuss and debate politics? Why do you choose enemies and enter into conversations like your there to stamp out all dissenting voices?

I personally just come here to have reasonable constructive debate, and get the impression that most of the people here are similar. However if one party of the debate enters into it with a closed mind and aggression towards opposing viewpoints no constructive conversation can be had.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 769
Likes: 339 posts
Liked in: 482 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 12:27 pm

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Feb 22nd, 2018, 2:24 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:Then you shouldn't have called it stupid then, or at least qualified your statement.


You're right, sorry. Can you please refrain from calling me a stupid person?

If you actually have an opinion on the blurry photos I'd like to know

2 people like this post.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister
 
Posts: 448
Likes: 119 posts
Liked in: 234 posts
Joined: Aug 5th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 22nd, 2018, 3:07 pm

CapitalB wrote:. However if one party of the debate enters into it with a closed mind and aggression towards opposing viewpoints no constructive conversation can be had.


I assume that this is directed at Omni and Horgan, and if so, I 100% agree.
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 27650
Likes: 11782 posts
Liked in: 15599 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 22nd, 2018, 3:08 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
You're right, sorry. Can you please refrain from calling me a stupid person?


Fair enough. Apology accepted. And I apologize too. :up:
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 27650
Likes: 11782 posts
Liked in: 15599 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby Happilyretired » Feb 22nd, 2018, 5:54 pm

Back to Trudeau. Some people may think this is not a big issue but I have some serious concerns about this invite to a Sikh separatist and convicted attempted murderer when we are trying to ease concerns that India has about our current govt. This should not happen period. I think our govt is getting sloppy because there is no fear of accountability (eg being fired from your post). Though Trudeau did not get my vote, he is our PM - but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t getting very nervous with him at the helm.

2 people like this post.
Happilyretired
 
Posts: 6
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Feb 21st, 2018, 2:15 pm

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Feb 22nd, 2018, 6:02 pm

Happilyretired wrote:Back to Trudeau. Some people may think this is not a big issue but I have some serious concerns about this invite to a Sikh separatist and convicted attempted murderer when we are trying to ease concerns that India has about our current govt. This should not happen period. I think our govt is getting sloppy because there is no fear of accountability (eg being fired from your post). Though Trudeau did not get my vote, he is our PM - but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t getting very nervous with him at the helm.


I'm still confused by Trudeau's connection to this attempted murderer. I only looked at the CBC article once but it seemed to have some random blurry photo of Trudeau's wife standing beside the guy. Why? What were they doing? What's the context? And why was he invited to the dinner? Is Trudeau friends with the guy? I'm confused.

Is there a better article somewhere that explains trudeau's connection to this guy?
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister
 
Posts: 448
Likes: 119 posts
Liked in: 234 posts
Joined: Aug 5th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 23rd, 2018, 5:45 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
Happilyretired wrote:Back to Trudeau. Some people may think this is not a big issue but I have some serious concerns about this invite to a Sikh separatist and convicted attempted murderer when we are trying to ease concerns that India has about our current govt. This should not happen period. I think our govt is getting sloppy because there is no fear of accountability (eg being fired from your post). Though Trudeau did not get my vote, he is our PM - but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t getting very nervous with him at the helm.


I'm still confused by Trudeau's connection to this attempted murderer. I only looked at the CBC article once but it seemed to have some random blurry photo of Trudeau's wife standing beside the guy. Why? What were they doing? What's the context? And why was he invited to the dinner? Is Trudeau friends with the guy? I'm confused.

Is there a better article somewhere that explains trudeau's connection to this guy?


Yes, you'll find it in the links I posted (that ended up here in the bickering room). You'll find it under 'Jaspal Atwal poses with politicians'.

HorganIsMyHero likes this post.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3382
Likes: 1597 posts
Liked in: 711 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Feb 23rd, 2018, 5:50 pm

Cactusflower wrote:Yes, you'll find it in the links I posted (that ended up here in the bickering room). You'll find it under 'Jaspal Atwal poses with politicians'.


Ya, i saw that last night, thanks. The original article really should have included more information.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister
 
Posts: 448
Likes: 119 posts
Liked in: 234 posts
Joined: Aug 5th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby Ken7 » Feb 23rd, 2018, 8:50 pm

As I stated in another post, you don't have to dig to deep to figure out why India. Very simple, if he can get their support he's in again. Let\s hope they saw through the fool too. I don't think his work with the Indiginous will be a benefit, as the number of voters is low.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Ken7
Guru
 
Posts: 6383
Likes: 3513 posts
Liked in: 2465 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 4:09 pm

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby Omnitheo » Feb 23rd, 2018, 9:42 pm

lol wut?

I mean it's easy to make stuff up, but the facts speak for themselves. Try doing some of your own research or practicing critical thought instead of just regurgitating whatever propaganda comes across your social media feed.

JUSTIN TRUDEAU APOLOGIZES TO CANADA'S NATIVE PEOPLES, SOMETHING THE U.S. HASN'T DONE PUBLICLY
http://www.newsweek.com/justin-trudeau- ... ame-669696

Indigenous peoples were "victims" of a government that set out to destroy their culture, Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Thursday in what are perhaps the most expansive comments ever made by a North American leader on the topic of indigenous peoples.

Trudeau's speech to the United Nations General Assembly focused on Canada’s abuse and humiliation of the continent's original inhabitants, who have lived on these shores for millennia.

“They were victims of a government which sought to rewrite their unique history, to eradicate their languages and their cultures, by imposing traditions and ways of colonial life,” he said.


Trudeau promises new legal framework for Indigenous people
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau ... -1.4534679

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is promising a fundamental rethink of how the federal government recognizes Indigenous rights and title, vowing to work with Indigenous partners to develop a new legal framework to foster self-governance.

In a 15-minute speech in the House of Commons that was short on concrete details, Trudeau said he wants to give new life to Section 35 of the Constitution Act, 1982, which recognizes and affirms Aboriginal and treaty rights.

Trudeau said governments have ignored these rights entirely for too long, leaving it up to the courts to define them one decision at a time.

"Instead of outright recognizing and affirming Indigenous rights, as we promised we would, Indigenous Peoples were forced to prove, time and time again, through costly and drawn-out court challenges, that their rights existed, must be recognized and implemented," Trudeau said.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

Queen K likes this post.
User avatar
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4110
Likes: 6063 posts
Liked in: 3061 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby normaM » Feb 24th, 2018, 6:30 am

I burst out laughing before my morning coffee
https://www.facebook.com/OntarioProud/p ... =3&theater
Ni idea why he was wearing Indian wedding clothing and necklaces
Bet he isn't invited to Harry's wedding
Don't think yourself as an ugly person... Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey
User avatar
normaM
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15257
Likes: 3672 posts
Liked in: 2205 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby Catsumi » Feb 24th, 2018, 9:09 am

Well, Norma, to be fair Hair'n'Sox makes the effort to dress in other cultures celebratory costumes as he drops off Cdn $$$$$$$ making his faux trade deals around the globe.

It's kinda like if the Papua New Guinea folk visited here wearing Santa Claus suits.

:biggrin:
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.

Bpeep likes this post.
User avatar
Catsumi
Übergod
 
Posts: 1989
Likes: 2529 posts
Liked in: 1763 posts
Joined: May 24th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Re: Trudeau's "vacation" in India

Postby Catsumi » Feb 25th, 2018, 2:25 pm

normaM wrote:I burst out laughing before my morning coffee
https://www.facebook.com/OntarioProud/p ... =3&theater
Ni idea why he was wearing Indian wedding clothing and necklaces





Bet he isn't invited to Harry's wedding



Oh oh ! You think he just might compete in costumery with his royal hosts...a scepter, perhaps a tiara? Or crown ? Ermine trimmed full length robe.? Rhinestone buckled footwear?


[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] :laugh: :laugh:
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.
User avatar
Catsumi
Übergod
 
Posts: 1989
Likes: 2529 posts
Liked in: 1763 posts
Joined: May 24th, 2017, 8:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests