Racist Conservatives

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Racist Conservatives

Postby justincase » Feb 21st, 2018, 2:25 pm

After promising Canadians, especially minority Canadians that he would no longer engage the racist, pundit, internet media site, The Rebel, Andrew Scheer then broke his pledge almost immediately and hired the Rebel staff to run his 2019 election campaign. The dog whistle politics have begun!

dogwhistle politics.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.

Omnitheo likes this post.
justincase
Board Meister

Liked in: 111 posts

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby Omnitheo » Feb 21st, 2018, 2:26 pm

Standing in front of white spot lol. Really trying to appeal to his base.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

justincase likes this post.
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3104 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 21st, 2018, 2:52 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Standing in front of white spot lol. Really trying to appeal to his base.

Just lost all the native vote with one wrong background photo. [icon_lol2.gif]
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Catsumi likes this post.
alanjh595
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2405 posts

Postby CapitalB » Feb 21st, 2018, 3:55 pm

The Rebel Staff!? HAHA his speeches are going to be awful, the few times I've been to that site the articles look like they've been written by eighth graders. Size 16 font, double spaced, no big words, using slang and calling everything derogatory names, thats just going to be great.

Lets see how the age old conservative tactic of drive out the middle and cater to the crazy goes in the next election.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 482 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Feb 21st, 2018, 3:57 pm

alanjh595 wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:Standing in front of white spot lol. Really trying to appeal to his base.

I’ve always assumed the name “white spot” referred to the scalps of their patrons.

Also IHOP stands for International House of Pensioners.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

2 people like this post.
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 21st, 2018, 4:06 pm

alanjh595 wrote:

Omnitheo wrote:I’ve always assumed the name “white spot” referred to the scalps of their patrons.

Also IHOP stands for International House of Pensioners.

:up: [icon_lol2.gif] Never heard those ones before. :130: Sad but true. I will NEVER go back to either of those places again. :135: Well maybe Whitespot, but only drive-thru wearing a hat.
alanjh595
Lord of the Board

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 21st, 2018, 4:08 pm

Hey Justin (nice name) - any chance you could give us a link to this latest *bleep* fake news story?
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15617 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Feb 21st, 2018, 4:32 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:Hey Justin (nice name) - any chance you could give us a link to this latest *bleep* fake news story?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/hamish-marshall-andrew-scheer-conservative-campaign-1.4358811

There's this whole thing but Scheer is being linked to more Rebel staff apparently.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 21st, 2018, 4:34 pm

So someone who used to work at the Rebel is hired as a campaign director, and that makes a dumb-dumb create an idiotic thread called "Racist Conservatives"? That's just stupid alt-left fake news disinformation. Buzzfeed and Vox would be proud.
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15617 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Feb 21st, 2018, 4:35 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:So someone who used to work at the Rebel is hired as a campaign director, and that makes a dumb-dumb create an idiotic thread called "Racist Conservatives"? That's just stupid alt-left fake news disinformation. Buzzfeed and Vox would be proud.

Whatever, you're so pissy all the time

Omnitheo likes this post.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 21st, 2018, 4:38 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:Whatever, you're so pissy all the time

YUP......that is a very beneficial comment to add substance to your case.

2 people like this post.
alanjh595
Lord of the Board

Postby Omnitheo » Feb 21st, 2018, 4:38 pm

Some people are just bitter their whole lives. And then they die, and nobody misses them because they did nothing to leave a good impression with anyone.
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 21st, 2018, 4:53 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Some people are just bitter their whole lives. And then they die, and nobody misses them because they did nothing to leave a good impression with anyone.

AND then there are those that don't actually get to know that person and pass judgement upon them, and express their opinion of that person on a open and anonymous forum.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
alanjh595
Lord of the Board

Postby CapitalB » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:06 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Some people are just bitter their whole lives. And then they die, and nobody misses them because they did nothing to leave a good impression with anyone.

I always just assume that everyone on the internet is ratched up to 11. Especially in these forums, we're all just here to argue for fun. It actually seems like everyone (right left politics) feel like they come here to do battle with the forces of evil.

In the grand scheme of things though I feel strongly that we all, especially the people here, have more in common than we have differences of opinion.

I mean for one thing most of the people here are unnaturally enthusiastic about politics. Which regardless of where on the spectrum you are I think is awesome, go politics. For another we all value a lot of the same things, strong economy, healthy environment, stable society, etc, we just have different priorities and risk assessments for those things. That combination of factors is what brings out the worst in the people, here and elsewhere myself included.

Hopefully one day we can get over the lines we've all drawn in the sand and start figuring out how we can make a canada we all believe in. I don't think our ideals are so different as to make that impossible, I think its largely a matter of framing, context, and removing the hysteria the politicians keep gassing the fire with.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.

4 people like this post.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 482 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:15 pm

alanjh595 wrote:

AND then there are those that don't actually get to know that person and pass judgement upon them, and express their opinion of that person on a open and anonymous forum.

Only in this case because of the sheer volume of judgement that some of those individuals have passed in regards to myself. Someone who is incapable of posting without vitriol is not something I would want to meet in person. As an anonymous forum is a place for them to express their true feelings without consequence. Any difference of attitude they might exhibit in real life is just dishonesty.
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Next

Return to Bickering Room