Racist Conservatives

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:22 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
Whatever, you're so pissy all the time


LOL - that made me laugh - thanks for that! :up:
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
- Winston Churchill

Who's Dimples? Who's the MP for Kelowna? Both interesting questions that are hard to answer.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28203
Likes: 12247 posts
Liked in: 16199 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:23 pm

CapitalB wrote:The Rebel Staff!? HAHA his speeches are going to be awful, .


I highly doubt they'll be awful. I think Scheer is pretty awesome. I've been loving watching him in the House take on the arrogant boob Justin, who spends most of his time with his coloring books instead of answering questions.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
- Winston Churchill

Who's Dimples? Who's the MP for Kelowna? Both interesting questions that are hard to answer.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28203
Likes: 12247 posts
Liked in: 16199 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:24 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Some people are just bitter their whole lives. And then they die, and nobody misses them because they did nothing to leave a good impression with anyone.


I am not a fan of Horgan is my hero, but even I think this is pretty low to attack him like this.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
- Winston Churchill

Who's Dimples? Who's the MP for Kelowna? Both interesting questions that are hard to answer.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28203
Likes: 12247 posts
Liked in: 16199 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby Ka-El » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:26 pm

CapitalB wrote: Lets see how the age old conservative tactic of drive out the middle and cater to the crazy goes in the next election.

Research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views (you can google that). Reading many of the posts we see on these threads one would conclude we sure have a lot of conservative members posting here.
Who's dimples ?

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 5208
Likes: 2794 posts
Liked in: 4808 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:28 pm

Ka-El wrote:
CapitalB wrote: Lets see how the age old conservative tactic of drive out the middle and cater to the crazy goes in the next election.

Research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views (you can google that). Reading many of the posts we see on these threads one would conclude we sure have a lot of conservative members posting here.


Do you see a problem with that?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
User avatar
alanjh595
Guru
 
Posts: 5998
Likes: 2204 posts
Liked in: 3322 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:38 pm

Ka-El wrote:Research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers,.


While I am sure this is pure crap, what I'd like to see, someday, somewhere, somehow, are some kind of polticians who not only are strong on the social issues, but can also manage money. Why are leftists so stupid with money? Why do they just always have to raise taxes, and up spending, and destroy economies? Looking at how dumb the current un-elected NDP government in BC is, how can anyone anywhere say that they are "more intelligent" than anyone. How could anyone say that they are smarter than a house plant? They are all just so dumb!

So there - some kind of super politician who can balance a budget, and yet is appealing enough to the SJW crowd that boneheads don't create threads like this one about them, calling him a "racist" even though he's not a racist. Is that too much to ask? Tommy Douglas always delivered balanced budgets! Why can't the current NDP be more like him?
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
- Winston Churchill

Who's Dimples? Who's the MP for Kelowna? Both interesting questions that are hard to answer.

Catsumi likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28203
Likes: 12247 posts
Liked in: 16199 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:49 pm

I would like to see some links to support the claims made. Otherwise they are just BS and lies.

How can anyone trust someone that has lied to you before?

Show me the proof!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
User avatar
alanjh595
Guru
 
Posts: 5998
Likes: 2204 posts
Liked in: 3322 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby Ka-El » Feb 21st, 2018, 7:56 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Ka-El wrote:Research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers,.

While I am sure this is pure crap, ...

Do you need someone to help you with using google ?
Who's dimples ?
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 5208
Likes: 2794 posts
Liked in: 4808 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 22nd, 2018, 12:28 am

Ka-El wrote:Do you need someone to help you with using google ?


do you need someone to introduce you to Lana Popham?
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
- Winston Churchill

Who's Dimples? Who's the MP for Kelowna? Both interesting questions that are hard to answer.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28203
Likes: 12247 posts
Liked in: 16199 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby domain » Feb 22nd, 2018, 12:55 am

justincase,

I take it by the title of this newly-minted forum, that there are no Conservatives posting in here?

The yardstick that is used by those at the extremes of the left or the right, is both imprecise and hypocritical. Anyone with views that are contrary to the views held by those at the extremes, is automatically attacked and labeled a racist, or are inundated with slanderous and ignorant accusations. Yet the definition of a racist is very clear, at least by historical, literal and certainly rational standards. The misuse of the word racist undermines its importance, and it also implicates those who abuse it as both careless and ignorant.

I personally have what would be considered reasonably conservative views, yet I don't believe that I would qualify as a racist - at least not by the proper definition. Being half cree and half caucasian also does not automatically qualify or disqualify me as a racist or not. I definitely have no interest in portraying any sort of victim status for any personal failures, and I also don't attribute any of my personal success to the "white privilege" that the PC crowd is hysterically wailing about, and I won't use the term racist unless it is suitable i.e. correct.

Additionally, having conservative views (I'm closer to classical liberalism) does not qualify me as a racist, and cannot qualify me as a racist, nor does it apply to our major political parties. Only being a racist can qualify one as being a racist. And the determination of someone being a racist can only be made based on their evaluation and/or treatment of others based on their race, or in the belief in the superiority of one race over another.

I am in no way defending Andrew Scheer. I personally think that the Conservatives, and Canada, would be better off with Maxime Bernier. And as much as many wanted change from the previous federal party, for whatever reason, I am now 100% convinced that the Liberals in their current leadership, do not have Canadians best interests in mind.
have you seen my baseball?

4 people like this post.
domain
Fledgling
 
Posts: 268
Likes: 65 posts
Liked in: 209 posts
Joined: Sep 4th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby Catsumi » Feb 22nd, 2018, 7:59 am

Well said, domain. I think most of us are nauseated by the seemingly endless blanket "branding" of anyone not sharing precisely the same point of view.
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill

Bpeep likes this post.
User avatar
Catsumi
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2609
Likes: 3205 posts
Liked in: 2249 posts
Joined: May 24th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby Ka-El » Feb 22nd, 2018, 9:18 am

The Green Barbarian wrote: do you need someone to introduce you to Lana Popham?

No thanks. She seems like a bit of a nutcase (I googled her).

I wish I could say I was the first in acknowledging we'll find nutcases from both the left and the right :smt045
Who's dimples ?
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 5208
Likes: 2794 posts
Liked in: 4808 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 22nd, 2018, 9:45 am

Ka-El wrote:No thanks. She seems like a bit of a nutcase (I googled her).


Fair enough.

I wish I could say I was the first in acknowledging we'll find nutcases from both the left and the right :smt045


And I wish I could say that there is evidence of me agreeing with you on this in prior posts, but in case there isn't, I totally agree with you. There are definitely nutcases on both sides. Politics seems to attract nutcases.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
- Winston Churchill

Who's Dimples? Who's the MP for Kelowna? Both interesting questions that are hard to answer.

Ka-El likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28203
Likes: 12247 posts
Liked in: 16199 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby Ka-El » Feb 22nd, 2018, 10:43 am

domain wrote: I personally have what would be considered reasonably conservative views, yet I don't believe that I would qualify as a racist - at least not by the proper definition. Being half cree and half caucasian also does not automatically qualify or disqualify me as a racist or not. I definitely have no interest in portraying any sort of victim status for any personal failures, and I also don't attribute any of my personal success to the "white privilege" that the PC crowd is hysterically wailing about, and I won't use the term racist unless it is suitable i.e. correct.

Good post domain, and certainly not all conservative thinkers are racist ( just like not all liberal thinkers are not). By definition, racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity. Today, the use of the term "racism" does not easily fall under a single definition such as this one:

racist - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others; a person with the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another.

What we can easily use to recognize racism is the use of stereotypes and overgeneralizations to describe an entire race based on the actions or attitudes of an individual or a few. A stereotype is any thought widely adopted about specific types of individuals or certain ways of behaving intended to represent the entire group of those individuals or behaviors as a whole. Overgeneralization is a thinking error that involves coming to a conclusion based on information that is too general and/or not specific enough. This is like looking at a whale and concluding that "since it lives in water and has fins it must be a fish."

In other words, as soon as a person starts referring to “they” and assigning a inference to an entire race based on the attitudes and actions of a few, that person is engaging in racism (ironically, we could find many white people who display the same traits these posters use to describe First Nations people, yet these posters don’t make the same blanket statements about Caucasians - racism). When they engage is such deflection techniques as “I’m not a racist, you’re a racist” (or “that’s what you are but what am I”), that person is likely experiencing cognitive dissonance (“I couldn’t be a racist, could I?”), and instead of challenging themselves to consider their own racist behavior, they go to childish and silly lengths to deflect from it.
Who's dimples ?

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 5208
Likes: 2794 posts
Liked in: 4808 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby Hurtlander » Feb 22nd, 2018, 3:03 pm

Ka-El wrote:Good post domain, and certainly not all conservative thinkers are racist ( just like not all liberal thinkers are not). By definition, racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity. Today, the use of the term "racism" does not easily fall under a single definition such as this one:

racist - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others; a person with the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another.

What we can easily use to recognize racism is the use of stereotypes and overgeneralizations to describe an entire race based on the actions or attitudes of an individual or a few. A stereotype is any thought widely adopted about specific types of individuals or certain ways of behaving intended to represent the entire group of those individuals or behaviors as a whole. Overgeneralization is a thinking error that involves coming to a conclusion based on information that is too general and/or not specific enough. This is like looking at a whale and concluding that "since it lives in water and has fins it must be a fish."

In other words, as soon as a person starts referring to “they” and assigning a inference to an entire race based on the attitudes and actions of a few, that person is engaging in racism (ironically, we could find many white people who display the same traits these posters use to describe First Nations people, yet these posters don’t make the same blanket statements about Caucasians - racism). When they engage is such deflection techniques as “I’m not a racist, you’re a racist” (or “that’s what you are but what am I”), that person is likely experiencing cognitive dissonance (“I couldn’t be a racist, could I?”), and instead of challenging themselves to consider their own racist behavior, they go to childish and silly lengths to deflect from it.

Isn’t that the truth. Says it all does it not.
User avatar
Hurtlander
Guru
 
Posts: 6700
Likes: 1661 posts
Liked in: 4035 posts
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:48 am

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests