Racist Conservatives

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Racist Conservatives

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:22 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
Whatever, you're so pissy all the time

LOL - that made me laugh - thanks for that! :up:
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15617 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:23 pm

CapitalB wrote:The Rebel Staff!? HAHA his speeches are going to be awful, .

I highly doubt they'll be awful. I think Scheer is pretty awesome. I've been loving watching him in the House take on the arrogant boob Justin, who spends most of his time with his coloring books instead of answering questions.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:24 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Some people are just bitter their whole lives. And then they die, and nobody misses them because they did nothing to leave a good impression with anyone.

I am not a fan of Horgan is my hero, but even I think this is pretty low to attack him like this.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Ka-El » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:26 pm

CapitalB wrote: Lets see how the age old conservative tactic of drive out the middle and cater to the crazy goes in the next election.

Research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views (you can google that). Reading many of the posts we see on these threads one would conclude we sure have a lot of conservative members posting here.
While the research shows that people with right-wing views tend to be less intelligent than those with left-wing views,
the continued excuse-making and support for Donald Trump indicates researchers have underestimated by how much.

3 people like this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4160 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:28 pm

Ka-El wrote:
CapitalB wrote: Lets see how the age old conservative tactic of drive out the middle and cater to the crazy goes in the next election.

Research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views (you can google that). Reading many of the posts we see on these threads one would conclude we sure have a lot of conservative members posting here.

Do you see a problem with that?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2404 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:38 pm

Ka-El wrote:Research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers,.

While I am sure this is pure crap, what I'd like to see, someday, somewhere, somehow, are some kind of polticians who not only are strong on the social issues, but can also manage money. Why are leftists so stupid with money? Why do they just always have to raise taxes, and up spending, and destroy economies? Looking at how dumb the current un-elected NDP government in BC is, how can anyone anywhere say that they are "more intelligent" than anyone. How could anyone say that they are smarter than a house plant? They are all just so dumb!

So there - some kind of super politician who can balance a budget, and yet is appealing enough to the SJW crowd that boneheads don't create threads like this one about them, calling him a "racist" even though he's not a racist. Is that too much to ask? Tommy Douglas always delivered balanced budgets! Why can't the current NDP be more like him?
- Dr. Don Boys

Catsumi likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 21st, 2018, 5:49 pm

I would like to see some links to support the claims made. Otherwise they are just BS and lies.

How can anyone trust someone that has lied to you before?

Show me the proof!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2404 posts

Postby Ka-El » Feb 21st, 2018, 7:56 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Ka-El wrote:Research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers,.

While I am sure this is pure crap, ...

Do you need someone to help you with using google ?
While the research shows that people with right-wing views tend to be less intelligent than those with left-wing views,
the continued excuse-making and support for Donald Trump indicates researchers have underestimated by how much.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 22nd, 2018, 12:28 am

Ka-El wrote:Do you need someone to help you with using google ?

do you need someone to introduce you to Lana Popham?
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby domain » Feb 22nd, 2018, 12:55 am

justincase,

I take it by the title of this newly-minted forum, that there are no Conservatives posting in here?

The yardstick that is used by those at the extremes of the left or the right, is both imprecise and hypocritical. Anyone with views that are contrary to the views held by those at the extremes, is automatically attacked and labeled a racist, or are inundated with slanderous and ignorant accusations. Yet the definition of a racist is very clear, at least by historical, literal and certainly rational standards. The misuse of the word racist undermines its importance, and it also implicates those who abuse it as both careless and ignorant.

I personally have what would be considered reasonably conservative views, yet I don't believe that I would qualify as a racist - at least not by the proper definition. Being half cree and half caucasian also does not automatically qualify or disqualify me as a racist or not. I definitely have no interest in portraying any sort of victim status for any personal failures, and I also don't attribute any of my personal success to the "white privilege" that the PC crowd is hysterically wailing about, and I won't use the term racist unless it is suitable i.e. correct.

Additionally, having conservative views (I'm closer to classical liberalism) does not qualify me as a racist, and cannot qualify me as a racist, nor does it apply to our major political parties. Only being a racist can qualify one as being a racist. And the determination of someone being a racist can only be made based on their evaluation and/or treatment of others based on their race, or in the belief in the superiority of one race over another.

I am in no way defending Andrew Scheer. I personally think that the Conservatives, and Canada, would be better off with Maxime Bernier. And as much as many wanted change from the previous federal party, for whatever reason, I am now 100% convinced that the Liberals in their current leadership, do not have Canadians best interests in mind.
have you seen my baseball?

4 people like this post.
domain
Fledgling

Liked in: 125 posts

Postby Catsumi » Feb 22nd, 2018, 7:59 am

Well said, domain. I think most of us are nauseated by the seemingly endless blanket "branding" of anyone not sharing precisely the same point of view.
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.

Bpeep likes this post.
Catsumi
Übergod

Liked in: 1763 posts

Postby Ka-El » Feb 22nd, 2018, 9:18 am

The Green Barbarian wrote: do you need someone to introduce you to Lana Popham?

No thanks. She seems like a bit of a nutcase (I googled her).

I wish I could say I was the first in acknowledging we'll find nutcases from both the left and the right :smt045
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 22nd, 2018, 9:45 am

Ka-El wrote:No thanks. She seems like a bit of a nutcase (I googled her).

Fair enough.

I wish I could say I was the first in acknowledging we'll find nutcases from both the left and the right :smt045

And I wish I could say that there is evidence of me agreeing with you on this in prior posts, but in case there isn't, I totally agree with you. There are definitely nutcases on both sides. Politics seems to attract nutcases.
- Dr. Don Boys

Ka-El likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Ka-El » Feb 22nd, 2018, 10:43 am

domain wrote: I personally have what would be considered reasonably conservative views, yet I don't believe that I would qualify as a racist - at least not by the proper definition. Being half cree and half caucasian also does not automatically qualify or disqualify me as a racist or not. I definitely have no interest in portraying any sort of victim status for any personal failures, and I also don't attribute any of my personal success to the "white privilege" that the PC crowd is hysterically wailing about, and I won't use the term racist unless it is suitable i.e. correct.

Good post domain, and certainly not all conservative thinkers are racist ( just like not all liberal thinkers are not). By definition, racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity. Today, the use of the term "racism" does not easily fall under a single definition such as this one:

racist - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others; a person with the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another.

What we can easily use to recognize racism is the use of stereotypes and overgeneralizations to describe an entire race based on the actions or attitudes of an individual or a few. A stereotype is any thought widely adopted about specific types of individuals or certain ways of behaving intended to represent the entire group of those individuals or behaviors as a whole. Overgeneralization is a thinking error that involves coming to a conclusion based on information that is too general and/or not specific enough. This is like looking at a whale and concluding that "since it lives in water and has fins it must be a fish."

In other words, as soon as a person starts referring to “they” and assigning a inference to an entire race based on the attitudes and actions of a few, that person is engaging in racism (ironically, we could find many white people who display the same traits these posters use to describe First Nations people, yet these posters don’t make the same blanket statements about Caucasians - racism). When they engage is such deflection techniques as “I’m not a racist, you’re a racist” (or “that’s what you are but what am I”), that person is likely experiencing cognitive dissonance (“I couldn’t be a racist, could I?”), and instead of challenging themselves to consider their own racist behavior, they go to childish and silly lengths to deflect from it.

3 people like this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Postby Hurtlander » Feb 22nd, 2018, 3:03 pm

Ka-El wrote:Good post domain, and certainly not all conservative thinkers are racist ( just like not all liberal thinkers are not). By definition, racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity. Today, the use of the term "racism" does not easily fall under a single definition such as this one:

racist - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others; a person with the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another.

What we can easily use to recognize racism is the use of stereotypes and overgeneralizations to describe an entire race based on the actions or attitudes of an individual or a few. A stereotype is any thought widely adopted about specific types of individuals or certain ways of behaving intended to represent the entire group of those individuals or behaviors as a whole. Overgeneralization is a thinking error that involves coming to a conclusion based on information that is too general and/or not specific enough. This is like looking at a whale and concluding that "since it lives in water and has fins it must be a fish."

In other words, as soon as a person starts referring to “they” and assigning a inference to an entire race based on the attitudes and actions of a few, that person is engaging in racism (ironically, we could find many white people who display the same traits these posters use to describe First Nations people, yet these posters don’t make the same blanket statements about Caucasians - racism). When they engage is such deflection techniques as “I’m not a racist, you’re a racist” (or “that’s what you are but what am I”), that person is likely experiencing cognitive dissonance (“I couldn’t be a racist, could I?”), and instead of challenging themselves to consider their own racist behavior, they go to childish and silly lengths to deflect from it.

Isn’t that the truth. Says it all does it not.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
--Thomas Donahue
Hurtlander
Guru

Liked in: 3662 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room