Dan Ashton, what a guy!

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Dan Ashton, what a guy!

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 22nd, 2018, 11:12 pm

https://pressprogress.ca/bc-liberal-mla ... al-estate/

Dan's just another Okanagan BC Liberal gool ol' boy. I bet if there were a byelection in Penticton coming up, he'd win quite handily, just like good ol' Ben. Old Socred/BC Liberals never lose their seats no matter how outrageous they are.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 714 posts

Re: Dan Ashton, what a guy!

Postby Jhunter199 » Feb 22nd, 2018, 11:17 pm

I'm no expert here, but I believe why they don't lose their seats is because they get more votes than the other candidates...
Now I could be wrong, but I believe those are elected positions, and the winner is the one with the most votes from us, the people. :130:

2 people like this post.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Liked in: 341 posts

Postby Carrs Landing Viking » Feb 22nd, 2018, 11:23 pm

Don't waste your time responding to this venomous lunatic.

4 people like this post.
Carrs Landing Viking
Board Meister

Liked in: 821 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 22nd, 2018, 11:26 pm

Jhunter199 wrote:I'm no expert here, but I believe why they don't lose their seats is because they get more votes than the other candidates...
Now I could be wrong, but I believe those are elected positions, and the winner is the one with the most votes from us, the people. :130:

Of course. That's the point I was trying to make. You did read the article, did you not?
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby Jhunter199 » Feb 22nd, 2018, 11:34 pm

Yes I read the article, and honestly don't have an issue with him standing up against yet another tax increase. At the end of the day these wealthy people that purchase these homes, do employee small business's throughout the Okanagan to build them, furnish them, maintain them. Why are we always so gung ho to punish people that put in a ton of effort to be successful

2 people like this post.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Postby Veovis » Feb 22nd, 2018, 11:39 pm

Jhunter199 wrote:Yes I read the article, and honestly don't have an issue with him standing up against yet another tax increase. At the end of the day these wealthy people that purchase these homes, do employee small business's throughout the Okanagan to build them, furnish them, maintain them. Why are we always so gung ho to punish people that put in a ton of effort to be successful

Because they did better than him.....therefore they are bad.

You do know who the rich are right.....anyone with a penny more than the one being self righteous.

Walking Wounded likes this post.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 3868 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 22nd, 2018, 11:42 pm

Jhunter199 wrote:Yes I read the article, and honestly don't have an issue with him standing up against yet another tax increase. At the end of the day these wealthy people that purchase these homes, do employee small business's throughout the Okanagan to build them, furnish them, maintain them. Why are we always so gung ho to punish people that put in a ton of effort to be successful

That's exactly the response I was expecting. Why do I bother?

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby Veovis » Feb 22nd, 2018, 11:51 pm

Cactusflower wrote:That's exactly the response I was expecting. Why do I bother?

If getting corrected bothers you, perhaps stop posting endless spam of hate.

5 people like this post.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 3868 posts

Postby Hassel99 » Feb 23rd, 2018, 12:09 am

Cactusflower wrote:That's exactly the response I was expecting. Why do I bother?

Stop bothering then, keep your hate to yourself or better yet tell it to the trained mental health professional you clearly need.

Stop making a thread about every idiotic thought that jumps into your head. No one wants them, when will you get this?

5 people like this post.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2872 posts

Postby Jhunter199 » Feb 23rd, 2018, 12:13 am

Cactusflower wrote:

That's exactly the response I was expecting. Why do I bother?

Would a better response be, let continue to tax the rich so they no longer want to come to the Okanagan, then we can tax the small business' so they can no longer afford to operate. All these people will then decide to sell their homes and move creating a surplus of housing. Now we have driven down the price of a house so everyone can afford to buy a house!!!!

I think the only problem is now there is no jobs for these people to support themselves...

Urban Cowboy likes this post.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Postby Thinktank » Feb 23rd, 2018, 6:58 am

... Ashton called the 2% tax increase on multi-million dollar mansions and other luxury properties a “blow” to construction workers.

^ That's Dan Ashton. Smiling.

^ That's a construction worker. Working.

The only reason Dan Ashton would be right, is if the wealthy were staying exactly as wealthy as they are
and the poor construction workers were staying exactly as poor as they are, but that's not true. The opposite is true.
Rich are getting richer, poor are getting poorer - so Dan Ashton is telling us a little lie.

Maybe a big lie.

Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Liked in: 542 posts

Postby christopher » Feb 23rd, 2018, 7:21 am

Dan you really should not be living in a lakefront estate home and start this type of conversation it looks bad.
christopher
Fledgling

Liked in: 213 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 23rd, 2018, 8:41 am

Good job Dan! We need people in Opposition always speaking out against brainless idiots raising taxes. We know the NDP panders to the dumbest and most gullible, who also suffer from extreme jealousy. This is the wrong message. I do like the thread title - What a guy!

Now if you really want to talk about people who should lose their seats, how is that memo-forging boob Adrian Dix still in government?
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15619 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 23rd, 2018, 8:42 am

Cactusflower wrote: Why do I bother?

we all are wondering this. Every day. It's the constant lying that is really the puzzler. You get caught all the time, and look so stupid every time. Why do you do it? Have you no shame whatsoever?
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys

4 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15619 posts

Postby my5cents » Feb 23rd, 2018, 9:34 am

There is the proven economics principle that taxing the rich destroys the poor.

The USA already knows this. Trump has slashed taxes, primarily for mega rich. The ultra rich will of course share their, newly under-taxed wealth, providing a "new beginning" for the dwindling middle class and growing numbers living in abject poverty.

Of course making the USA Great Again.

We need to do our part to help these very deserving people to purchase homes worth in excess of $3 million. Could you imagine being financially forced to have to reduce expectations and live in a low quality $2,999,999 fixer upper ?

If you've read this far and haven't detected my sarcasm you've already consumed the coolaide.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

normaM likes this post.
my5cents
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1091 posts

Next

Return to Bickering Room