Rachel Notley's press conferences

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Rachel Notley's press conferences

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 23rd, 2018, 7:43 pm

vegas1500 wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:
The Canadian Press is the source. Are you calling their reporting 'muck'? Would you prefer we lived in a fascist state where the media is forbidden to report any adverse news about the government?

I don’t think he was calling the Canadian Press’s reporting “muck”. :130:

Well, he did say 'consider the source', and the source was the Canadian Press. I'm quite aware of who he was insulting, and I couldn't care less.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 714 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 23rd, 2018, 11:45 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
The Canadian Press is the source. Are you calling their reporting 'muck'? Would you prefer we lived in a fascist state where the media is forbidden to report any adverse news about the government?

The Canadian Press called Notley an "ignorant shrew" and a "harridan'? I am all for freedom of the press and I am no fan of the useless NDP, but that seems a bit over-board for a press agency to be insulting politicians like that, even if those insults make them sound like they live in 1890's England. Perhaps they are saving "virago" for their next Notley article.
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15619 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 24th, 2018, 7:05 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

The Canadian Press called Notley an "ignorant shrew" and a "harridan'? I am all for freedom of the press and I am no fan of the useless NDP, but that seems a bit over-board for a press agency to be insulting politicians like that, even if those insults make them sound like they live in 1890's England. Perhaps they are saving "virago" for their next Notley article.

Would you like me to post a few links to some of your most insulting submissions? At least I limit my comments to the politicians. You, on the other hand, toss insults out to all and sundry, especially people who disagree with your ideology.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby Walking Wounded » Feb 24th, 2018, 7:43 pm

Cactusflower wrote:I limit my comments to the politicians. You, on the other hand, toss insults out to all and sundry, especially people who disagree with your ideology.

:spitcoffee: what a load of BS

2 people like this post.
Walking Wounded
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 1489 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 24th, 2018, 10:44 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
Would you like me to post a few links to some of your most insulting submissions?.

What the hell are you talking about? You stupidly posted some Victorian-era insults about Notley, and then bizarrely tried to blame your moronic comments on the Canadian Press. It's so dumb I don't even know where to begin to comment on this. It doesn't even qualify as one of your usual horrible bald-faced lies. Just admit once again you are looking incredibly stupid, and move on. It's just so horribly embarrassing.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 25th, 2018, 5:21 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
Would you like me to post a few links to some of your most insulting submissions?.

What the hell are you talking about? You stupidly posted some Victorian-era insults about Notley, and then bizarrely tried to blame your moronic comments on the Canadian Press. It's so dumb I don't even know where to begin to comment on this. It doesn't even qualify as one of your usual horrible bald-faced lies. Just admit once again you are looking incredibly stupid, and move on. It's just so horribly embarrassing.

The least you could do is invent some new insulting adjectives. 'moronic', 'dumb', 'stupid', and 'horrible' are getting as stale as yesterday's Timbits.

kelownman likes this post.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 25th, 2018, 5:26 pm

Cactusflower wrote:

Cactusflower wrote:The least you could do is invent some new insulting adjectives. 'moronic', 'dumb', 'stupid', and 'horrible' are getting as stale as yesterday's Timbits.

AND yet, they are relevant, concise, and succinct.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2408 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 25th, 2018, 5:27 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
The least you could do is invent some new insulting adjectives. .

the least you could do is to stop lying. All the time.
- Dr. Don Boys

rustled likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 27th, 2018, 12:47 am

^^I suppose you have your knickers in a humongous twist after Notley's latest press conference, eh? [icon_lol2.gif]
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 27th, 2018, 8:25 am

Cactusflower wrote:^^I suppose you have your knickers in a humongous twist after Notley's latest press conference, eh? [icon_lol2.gif]

Why?
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 27th, 2018, 10:12 am

^^Because you and all the other diluted bitumen pipeline supporters have made it clear that you were happy with having that :cuss: crossing our province, loaded on tankers and exported to China.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 27th, 2018, 10:58 am

So now they are going to ship 30% more synthetic crude through that same pipeline to the coast and loaded on ships headed for other countries.
So now instead of a half baked loaf of bread in the pipe, it's a fully baked loaf. Yeah....alrighty then.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2408 posts

Postby Jhunter199 » Feb 27th, 2018, 1:21 pm

At the end of the day as a country, we need to export our resources to sustain ourselves economically. So if that means shipping via pipeline diluted bitumen to load on tankers, or partially processed pure bitumen, or loads of dimes that we are getting dollars in return for it needs to be done. This announcement for Notley right now is IMO is seen as a good plan by the environmentalists, but i'm sure once/if the plan is finally at launch point we will be debating an entirely new issue.

rustled likes this post.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Liked in: 341 posts

Postby Ka-El » Feb 27th, 2018, 3:38 pm

Let's get that oil and money moving !!! :up:
While the research shows that people with right-wing views tend to be less intelligent than those with left-wing views,
the continued excuse-making and support for Donald Trump indicates researchers have underestimated by how much.

3 people like this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4162 posts

Postby Ka-El » Feb 27th, 2018, 4:41 pm

Cactusflower wrote:^^Because you and all the other diluted bitumen pipeline supporters have made it clear that you were happy with having that :cuss: crossing our province, loaded on tankers and exported to China.

Are you confused? You seem confused. No one here is complaining about this initiative announced by Notley, and no one here except you is under the deluded belief our premier had anything to do with it. You must be confused - or something :135:
While the research shows that people with right-wing views tend to be less intelligent than those with left-wing views,
the continued excuse-making and support for Donald Trump indicates researchers have underestimated by how much.

3 people like this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4162 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room