Best Year Ever for Canadian Tourism

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Best Year Ever for Canadian Tourism

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 28th, 2018, 2:56 pm

Omnitheo wrote:
Doesn’t matter how many times you say Stephen Fuhr though, they just come back afterward all “oh who is my representative? I’m so confused and ignorant”

While we can agree that Fuhr (is that his name? Interesting...) is confused and ignorant, he's not my representative, and thank goodness for that.
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15619 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 28th, 2018, 2:58 pm

Hurtlander wrote:That’s actually not true. I recall that back in August-September 2015 GB spent a great amount of time on his keyboard trying to convince the faithful readers of this forum that Harper had reached his expiration date. GB strongly suggested that everyone vote Liberal for various reasons, evidently the majority took GB’s advice.....

What I actually counselled was that I was in favor of a Liberal minority. I didn't want to hand the Bhangra dancing airhead JT a majority, that's for sure. The only time I've ever felt even remotely comfortable with the Liberals in power federally was during the time of Paul Martin. This government is being run by far left ideologues, and run really poorly. No one should be surprised by that.

We’ve now learned to never listen to GB, all he ever does is lead you down the wrong path. :biggrin:

anyone listening to anyone on these forums should have their head examined, but especially anyone advocating for the NDP or Green party. Ever.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Omnitheo » Feb 28th, 2018, 9:38 pm

Poster isn’t even trying anymore. Used zir typical playing dumb response to pretend post said something different than it did. But it falls flat given the positioning of the quotations. Maybe ze’s getting tired? Comprehension skills starting to go. Could be any number of things. Could be a MOCA test in zir future.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3110 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 28th, 2018, 10:06 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Poster isn’t even trying anymore. Used zir typical playing dumb response to pretend post said something different than it did. But it falls flat given the positioning of the quotations. Maybe ze’s getting tired? Comprehension skills starting to go. Could be any number of things. Could be a MOCA test in zir future.

What language is this written in? Maybe I could take it to the Kelowna MP for a translation - what's his name again?
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Omnitheo » Feb 28th, 2018, 10:26 pm

That’s better.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3110 posts

Postby Queen K » Feb 28th, 2018, 10:41 pm

:topic:

I do stealth advocating for Canadian tourism. It goes like this: take awesome photos in RAW file, process them nicely, convert to JPEG or TIFF, and publish on American facebook sites.

Pacific NW Waterfalls recently got Helmcken Falls with the ice cone and handy dandy driving times attached to it.

Washington/Idaho/Oregon Abandoned Sites recently got asked for guest spots from Canada. Admin said, "yes." Again, great abandoned sites here in BC with awesome directions and information.

You know, that sorta thing. :biggrin:

I figure it's the least I can do. :admin:
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**

2 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12237 posts

Postby Catsumi » Feb 28th, 2018, 10:51 pm

Personally, I didn't see many tourists last summer, smoke too thick.

On the upside, Canadians took a lot of winter vacations elsewhere.

:135:
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.

normaM likes this post.
Catsumi
Übergod

Liked in: 1763 posts

Postby justincase » Mar 16th, 2018, 7:59 pm

Catsumi wrote:Personally, I didn't see many tourists last summer, smoke too thick.

It was a brutal year, with the perfect storm of smoke and floods. Let's hope the investment of time and money in tourism will pay dividends for all of us in the Okanagan!
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
justincase
Board Meister

Liked in: 111 posts

Previous

Return to Bickering Room