Selling and buying a home

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Selling and buying a home

Postby GenesisGT » Mar 2nd, 2018, 7:29 pm

gsc, you could at least leave town first, before you start dissing the rest of us.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill
GenesisGT
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2269 posts

Postby gsc » Mar 2nd, 2018, 7:34 pm

GenesisGT wrote:gsc, you could at least leave town first, before you start dissing the rest of us.

Oh I'm not dissing most of the people here It's just the direction this town is slowly going. My mistake of that was taken the wrong way.

I'm just not a fan of going out to dinner then when my kid comes back from the bathroom having to explain why there's needle boxes in there. Amongst many other things we read or see on the news.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
gsc
Board Meister

Liked in: 419 posts

Postby normaM » Mar 3rd, 2018, 7:09 am

Some small towns have worse drug problems. Why don't you go somewhere and rent for a year, try it out first before committing to buy>
Don't think yourself as an ugly person... Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2833 posts

Postby Glacier » Mar 3rd, 2018, 8:35 am

normaM wrote:Some small towns have worse drug problems. Why don't you go somewhere and rent for a year, try it out first before committing to buy>

Good luck renting in a small town! The main reason those towns listed are supposedly the "worst in Canada" is that they have a high First Nations population, which supposedly drive up crime. The other large factor is that housing is affordable, which they think makes a place a bad place to live.

They aren't bad places to live at all. My dad lives in Williams Lake, and loves it... And he's originally from Victoria. Maybe if you're racist you'd stay away, but really, the drugs and crime isn't any worst than a place like Vernon. My dad doesn't even lock his doors... Most of the city has very low crime.

gsc likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 9689 posts

Postby Queen K » Mar 3rd, 2018, 8:38 am

I remember inquiring about the rental situation in some small towns. Real Estate agents said, "we get inquiries almost daily about rentals" and now I would understand why. People just want to check it out for a year! lol.
I hereby ban Trump, the Russian's monkey-Do, from my funeral. McCain had it right.

2 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12800 posts

Postby gsc » Mar 22nd, 2018, 10:43 pm

Well we have an update. We have found a beautiful home a lot closer to kelowna. It comes with a lake view, close to the bush, wildlife every where. We will be putting an offer in on Monday so fingers crossed.

We went a week ago to see it and fell in love. When we went to go look at it two very large deer walked right off the front yard.

I'll keep everyone posted :)

7 people like this post.
gsc
Board Meister

Postby Catsumi » Mar 22nd, 2018, 11:34 pm

Congrats.

Tip: don't bother planting a garden. :biggrin:
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill

2 people like this post.
Catsumi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2232 posts

Postby normaM » Mar 23rd, 2018, 6:51 am

woot - you must have a house warming party :) I have deer nearly every morning - makes me happy
Don't think yourself as an ugly person... Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey

gsc likes this post.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2833 posts

Postby LTD » Mar 23rd, 2018, 7:20 am

gsc wrote:Well we have an update. We have found a beautiful home a lot closer to kelowna. It comes with a lake view, close to the bush, wildlife every where. We will be putting an offer in on Monday so fingers crossed.

We went a week ago to see it and fell in love. When we went to go look at it two very large deer walked right off the front yard.

where abouts :biggrin:

2 people like this post.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2849 posts

Postby Bsuds » Mar 23rd, 2018, 8:20 am

We have Deer in the Lower Mission all the time. You don't need to go out into the wilderness to find those.
We also have Racoons living nearby as well as Eagles and Hawks and of course Rats. lol
If I agreed with you then we would both be wrong!
You are never too old to learn something stupid.

2 people like this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 10920 posts

Postby gsc » Mar 23rd, 2018, 8:10 pm

LTD wrote:
gsc wrote:Well we have an update. We have found a beautiful home a lot closer to kelowna. It comes with a lake view, close to the bush, wildlife every where. We will be putting an offer in on Monday so fingers crossed.

where abouts :biggrin:

I won't be posting on here where because there are a couple people I don't really want knowing where we will be living. Sadly they are part of the reason for the move in the first place.

4 people like this post.
gsc
Board Meister

Postby mikeb55 » Sep 13th, 2018, 9:21 pm

I would love a place with a few acres. Even Penticton is getting to big. I find people in rural areas are much nicer and friendlier. You just have to prepare more, groceries, gas, make sure you have enough, so you don`t have to run into town a lot. Sounds good to me.
mikeb55

Liked in: 0 post

Previous

Return to Bickering Room