BC NDP government

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: BC NDP government

Postby The Green Barbarian » Apr 18th, 2018, 9:10 am

Cactusflower wrote:
Yes, I can......and I am. Hansard's tapes of what goes on in the legislature is all we have to gauge how our governments doing, other than reports from the legislative journalists.

The only anti-BC buffoons are the BC NDP. Really dumb buffoons at that.
How do you destroy a political party? Elect a part-time drama teacher as your leader because of his last name.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18561 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Apr 18th, 2018, 1:54 pm

AND, just minutes after my last post about the impotence of Horgan and the NDP government, this came out:

Investing in rentals
The Canadian Press - Apr 18, 2018 / 2:05 pm | Story: 224057

Photo: Contributed
British Columbia's government is investing $1.9 billion over the next 10 years to help build 14,000 affordable homes for renters.

Premier John Horgan says fixing the housing crisis in the province isn't just about ownership, but making sure that those who rent can find and afford homes where they can have a future.

The new rental homes will be built through partnerships with municipalities, non-profit group and housing co-operatives.

Housing Minister Selina Robinson says people are struggling because of the housing crisis and the fund will help give people a place to call their own.

Each project built under the fund must provide at least 30 per cent of the units for those with moderate incomes, 20 per cent for low incomes and half of the homes must be for a mixture of low- to moderate-income households.

The government says the projects will be prioritized based on the impact they would have in reducing the communities affordable rental housing needs

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/224057 ... in-rentals

You will have to go find what I just said about Horgan on another thread.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3819 posts

Postby normaM » Apr 18th, 2018, 5:08 pm

a buffoon is someone who is dumb, so calling someone dumb dumb is kinda Simpsons like
Like the current Govt and what they are doing
Maybe next election do more than vote ( if ppl yakking did)
I know if I loathed my Govt I'd be doing everything in my Power ( meaning beyond beaking on a free site)
To make sure they LOSE the Power
Only a few more years til people can vote for Harper the Second
If onion rings are wrong I don't wanna be right

burnedatstake likes this post.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4250 posts

Postby burnedatstake » Apr 18th, 2018, 5:25 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:apparently elections don't matter either as we are stuck with a bunch of unelected brainless losers running our government right now.

they did matter. the liberals didnt ensure an outright victory. and then something beautiful happened. the constitution of british columbia - and the mechanisms that were set forth over 100 years ago - were able to be facilitated - as they were dreamed up so long ago. no matter how much you whine and snivel - the bc ndp and green party did absolutely nothing at all wrong. in fact by enacting the measures they did everything "right". when you do something right that is far from brainless. if they werent smart and didnt do things right - they wouldnt be in power right now. so - they were indeed actually "elected" and they seized power. which means they "won" and that is the opposite of being a loser. no one besides you and your cronies (including the devils advocates/red herring signalers/fence sitters/wannabe MBA's) care that you are not happy. but when you say the ndp is "unelected" that is a step too far in my opinion. they were elected fair and square and now have power. just have some dignity and deal with it like we had to for 16 long years.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.

normaM likes this post.
burnedatstake
Übergod

Liked in: 386 posts

Postby Walking Wounded » Apr 18th, 2018, 5:49 pm

burnedatstake wrote:

they did matter. the liberals didnt ensure an outright victory. and then something beautiful happened. the constitution of british columbia - and the mechanisms that were set forth over 100 years ago - were able to be facilitated - as they were dreamed up so long ago. no matter how much you whine and snivel - the bc ndp and green party did absolutely nothing at all wrong. in fact by enacting the measures they did everything "right". when you do something right that is far from brainless. if they werent smart and didnt do things right - they wouldnt be in power right now. so - they were indeed actually "elected" and they seized power. which means they "won" and that is the opposite of being a loser. no one besides you and your cronies (including the devils advocates/red herring signalers/fence sitters/wannabe MBA's) care that you are not happy. but when you say the ndp is "unelected" that is a step too far in my opinion. they were elected fair and square and now have power. just have some dignity and deal with it like we had to for 16 long years.

You mean the 3 greens have the power, they have ahold of the NDP by the short hairs. Enjoy your short time the NDP will be slaughtered in the next election.

2 people like this post.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Liked in: 1920 posts

Postby burnedatstake » Apr 18th, 2018, 5:56 pm

Walking Wounded wrote:You mean the 3 greens have the power, they have ahold of the NDP by the short hairs. Enjoy your short time the NDP will be slaughtered in the next election.

you and yours hope so anyways. no guarantees in life - ask adrian dix.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.

normaM likes this post.
burnedatstake
Übergod

Postby coco2000 » Jun 2nd, 2018, 1:45 pm

All I know about the NDP, they like to spend lots of money, but don't know how to make money.
Again our province is broke!!!!!!
Can we not have a person in power for B.C. who can see us as an asset!!!
Not a "ummm, have to take the green party, cus if I don't I cannot get the power""
That's why we had the Conservative Party!
What the heck happened to them!!!!!
coco2000

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby burnedatstake » Jun 2nd, 2018, 8:58 pm

coco2000 wrote:All I know about the NDP, they like to spend lots of money, but don't know how to make money.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-government-to-review-allegations-of-port-mann-overspending-1.4228941
burnedatstake
Übergod

Postby OKkayak » Jun 2nd, 2018, 9:39 pm

The difference between the Liberals and NDP is that the Liberals paid millions to get the job done to benefit the people of this Province while the NDP would spend the same amount of money on useless studies, trying to block the project and then end up building it anyways at an even higher cost.

seewood likes this post.
OKkayak
Übergod

Liked in: 1565 posts

Postby burnedatstake » Jun 3rd, 2018, 6:12 pm

OKkayak wrote:The difference between the Liberals and NDP is that the Liberals paid millions to get the job done to benefit the people of this Province while the NDP would spend the same amount of money on useless studies, trying to block the project and then end up building it anyways at an even higher cost.

so there is waste on the back end with yours and waste on the front end with mine. and then you have the gall to justify that your waste is somehow more justified? there has always been - and always will be waste in government. if you dont think so then it illustrates a high level of naivety. i voted more for policies and platforms. i agreed more with the ndp - and for a change my vote didnt go to waste. suck it up ndp haters. and vote next election.
burnedatstake
Übergod

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jun 8th, 2018, 10:20 pm

burnedatstake wrote: and then something beautiful happened. .

it was actually ugly and disgusting, and we're all going to suffer for it.
How do you destroy a political party? Elect a part-time drama teacher as your leader because of his last name.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby savvybusinessman » Jun 8th, 2018, 10:30 pm

I just offered a suggestion. You appear to be very worried the NDP is going to ruin you financially.

savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jun 9th, 2018, 7:30 am

savvybusinessman wrote:I just offered a suggestion. You appear to be very worried the NDP is going to ruin you financially.

What everyone should be worried about is the NDP ruining BC financially. And there is good reason for it.

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby burnedatstake » Jun 9th, 2018, 10:04 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:What everyone should be worried about is the NDP ruining BC financially. And there is good reason for it.

did you make your own tin foil hat? or make the tfw mexican do it for you?
burnedatstake
Übergod

Postby savvybusinessman » Jun 9th, 2018, 10:58 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:What everyone should be worried about is the NDP ruining BC financially. And there is good reason for it.

Yes you've stated everyone is going to be on welfare. The economy in BC is pretty strong so I'm not sure what you're worried about unless you think there are leftists in your closet who are going to steal your job.

savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Liked in: 258 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room