Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby fridge » Apr 20th, 2018, 5:45 am

Well Mr. Horgan and Mr. Weaver have certainly (in record time, no less) thrown our once prosperous province into a tailspin, haven’t they?
I was around and in business the last time the NDP had a crack at governing our largely “resource based” provincial economy, and it was a disaster back then too. It appears they are on target this time for a whole new level of incompetence. What’s next? Forestry industry should stop cutting down trees? Maybe mining should quit digging into the ground.....
Get ready BC’ers to be sued by the government of Canada, Alberta and probably Kinder Morgan while we’re at it, and just for fun how about any major contracting firm who is finishing their multi-million dollar investments into our province just in time to see any and all investors squeeze their wallets shut in fear. Millions of dollars lining the pockets of legal teams, wooo hooo! Nice work!
When the majority of BC’ers are in favour of the pipeline proceeding, who exactly is our government listening to anyway?
When the majority of BC’ers believe the speculative taxes on outside investors in our province is a very negative way to conduct and attract business into our province but yet they continue to believe they can proceed and prosper, who are they listening to anyway?
If y’all think the fire seasons are hot, just wait, this is gonna get hotter and hotter.
Sure glad I invested and built a house a few years ago now only to see any market that may have been interested in buying that house from me scampering away from the rising sewage waters of the GreenDP!!
Listen up Mr. Horgan and Mr. Weaver!! Your province didn’t vote for you, your province does not want the issues your marriage of convenience and thirst for power is bringing down upon us. Your marriage is a sham and your actions are only proving this point.
Ridiculous. Such a waste.
There’s still time to get a divorce! Please! For the sake of the “children”!!

24 people like this post.
fridge

Liked in: 32 posts

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby Rider59 » Apr 20th, 2018, 6:52 am

Well, on the upside, this current cluster :cuss: of this so called government will ensure they will not regain power for a long, long, long time.
Last edited by ferri on Apr 20th, 2018, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.

5 people like this post.
Rider59
Board Meister

Liked in: 490 posts

Postby Leifer » Apr 20th, 2018, 6:58 am

Well said.
And an opinion shared by many across the province.

I don’t think the NDP or the Greens a intentionally trying to drive us back to the 90’s....but they just can’t help themselves.

It is time to let the adults take back the running of the province.
Last edited by Leifer on Apr 20th, 2018, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)

8 people like this post.
Leifer
Board Meister

Liked in: 977 posts

Postby Snman » Apr 20th, 2018, 12:04 pm

More evidence of incompetence in governing here.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#224194

How many jobs lost there?
Imbeciles, complete imbeciles.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates

2 people like this post.
Snman
Übergod

Liked in: 952 posts

Postby Urban Cowboy » Apr 20th, 2018, 2:50 pm

fridge wrote:Well Mr. Horgan and Mr. Weaver have certainly (in record time, no less) thrown our once prosperous province into a tailspin, haven’t they?
I was around and in business the last time the NDP had a crack at governing our largely “resource based” provincial economy, and it was a disaster back then too. It appears they are on target this time for a whole new level of incompetence. What’s next? Forestry industry should stop cutting down trees? Maybe mining should quit digging into the ground.....
Get ready BC’ers to be sued by the government of Canada, Alberta and probably Kinder Morgan while we’re at it, and just for fun how about any major contracting firm who is finishing their multi-million dollar investments into our province just in time to see any and all investors squeeze their wallets shut in fear. Millions of dollars lining the pockets of legal teams, wooo hooo! Nice work!
When the majority of BC’ers are in favour of the pipeline proceeding, who exactly is our government listening to anyway?
When the majority of BC’ers believe the speculative taxes on outside investors in our province is a very negative way to conduct and attract business into our province but yet they continue to believe they can proceed and prosper, who are they listening to anyway?
If y’all think the fire seasons are hot, just wait, this is gonna get hotter and hotter.
Sure glad I invested and built a house a few years ago now only to see any market that may have been interested in buying that house from me scampering away from the rising sewage waters of the GreenDP!!
Listen up Mr. Horgan and Mr. Weaver!! Your province didn’t vote for you, your province does not want the issues your marriage of convenience and thirst for power is bringing down upon us. Your marriage is a sham and your actions are only proving this point.
Ridiculous. Such a waste.
There’s still time to get a divorce! Please! For the sake of the “children”!!

:up: :up: :up: :up: Very well stated and a view many British Columbians share.
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey

5 people like this post.
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 6530 posts

Postby Urban Cowboy » Apr 20th, 2018, 2:55 pm

Snman wrote:More evidence of incompetence in governing here.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#224194

How many jobs lost there?
Imbeciles, complete imbeciles.

This is just the beginning.

There's nothing worse than an economic climate where the housing industry, and all that encompasses, isn't really sure what lies ahead, just that it's going to be bad.

I know several lesser known developers that are also scaling back due to the uncertainty of what lies ahead, while some others are flat out stopping further development until the dust settles, and we know for sure what is going on.

For those NDP fans who require spoon feeding to grasp what this means, it means lost jobs, lost income for government coffers, and lost investment in BC's future. These are NOT results that will translate into cheaper and easier to obtain housing.

Imbeciles suddenly seems just too nice of a term, to adequately describe what passes itself off as our government. :swear:

As for you Mr. Horgan and fellow members of the clown car, if you think you have all the time in the world to ponder the speculation tax over, you'd best think again, because the longer you delay giving a definite response as to how the tax will be applied, the more tax revenue you will lose in the interim. This is why competent parties figure out most of the pros and cons before presenting their budgets.
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey

8 people like this post.
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Postby gordon_as » Apr 20th, 2018, 8:11 pm

Wouldn't it be funny if it ended up that China doesn't really want Alberta's bitumen because they can get higher grade oil from the states , delivered on ships that hold 5x as much. Wouldn't it be funny if the pipe that Canadian taxpayers ended up paying for is just a huge white elephant. Ya , that would be hilarious...... for Kinder Morgan executives and shareholders. Painful , but mildly satisfying for those who are rallying against it. Not funny at all for the New BC Liberals.( or whatever they are calling themselves at the time)
New for 2018 : Now posting at the maturity level of the average Lieberal cheerleader. Any intelligent remarks or verifiable facts are probably accidental.

Quixote likes this post.
gordon_as
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1024 posts

Postby mikest2 » Apr 20th, 2018, 8:34 pm

gordon_as wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if it ended up that China doesn't really want Alberta's bitumen because they can get higher grade oil from the states , delivered on ships that hold 5x as much. Wouldn't it be funny if the pipe that Canadian taxpayers ended up paying for is just a huge white elephant. Ya , that would be hilarious...... for Kinder Morgan executives and shareholders. Painful , but mildly satisfying for those who are rallying against it. Not funny at all for the New BC Liberals.( or whatever they are calling themselves at the time)

Try to remember that before Heyman shot his mouth off, and Horgan backed him up, KM was more than happy to build it all by themselves. Wake up and smell the diseased flesh of the pride of the NDPG
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...

9 people like this post.
mikest2
Übergod

Liked in: 1668 posts

Postby Urban Cowboy » Apr 21st, 2018, 12:21 am

gordon_as wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if it ended up that China doesn't really want Alberta's bitumen because they can get higher grade oil from the states , delivered on ships that hold 5x as much. Wouldn't it be funny if the pipe that Canadian taxpayers ended up paying for is just a huge white elephant. Ya , that would be hilarious...... for Kinder Morgan executives and shareholders. Painful , but mildly satisfying for those who are rallying against it. Not funny at all for the New BC Liberals.( or whatever they are calling themselves at the time)

You seem to have a warped view of what funny is.

I seem to recall that the current pipe is like 60yrs old or therebouts, so it seems to me that if we want to continue to have fuel in BC, that pipeline is fairly important, regardless of what sales are generated overseas.

What's funny in a twisted sort of way is that had the anti pipeline sector kept their yaps shut, KM would have gone about the pipeline without putting us in the position of possibly having to pay for it now. If that turns out to be the case, then it's all on Horgan and Weaver.

5 people like this post.
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Postby fridge » Apr 21st, 2018, 5:22 am

All points above are accurate and to me, and I believe to most reasonable thinking BC’ers, (the majority) they all make sense. So I have to ask..... If all of this makes sense, which it does, then why does “our” government continue to deflect the wishes of the majority of this province? That is the question I believe has not been answered although I suspect it has been asked before.
Horgan campaigned on promising “to do everything in his power” to stop the pipeline.
Weaver campaigned on on promising to stop the pipeline.
Neither of them were elected. If they we’re to bend to the wishes of the majority they would be *bleep* off their vocal minority special interest groups.
When, oh when, will the silent majority of this province get off their collective asses, pay attention to what is happennming around them and pretend to give a :cuss: ??!! Oohhh, wait, I know when. When there is leadership in this province that motivates us all and gives us something to believe in that’s not all smoke and mirrors. Or, sadly, when this province reaches near bottom once again (remember Clark??) and have had enough!!
Tough to watch.

4 people like this post.
fridge

Liked in: 32 posts

Postby madmudder » Apr 21st, 2018, 6:24 am

China should pay for the pipeline since they own almost half the oilsands.
madmudder
Board Meister

Liked in: 148 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Apr 21st, 2018, 10:36 am

madmudder wrote:
China should pay for the pipeline since they own almost half the oilsands.

link?
How do you destroy a political party? Elect a part-time drama teacher as your leader because of his last name.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18569 posts

Postby blue iguana » Apr 21st, 2018, 11:09 am

I’m not a religious person but sometimes I feel like I am trapped and moving through Dante's 9 circles of hell while I wait to be rescued from BC’s current rogue captors. Politics has become a game of strategy instead of integrity. Politicians are making decisions based on retention of seats to maintain power. If Horgan were to change his position on the pipeline would the Greens withdraw their support? Weaver is not about to give up the control and platform he now has.

3 people like this post.
blue iguana
Fledgling

Liked in: 235 posts

Postby westbankkid » Apr 21st, 2018, 11:58 am

The tide has turned according to the last poll. A vast majority of BC residents want the pipeline. Smarten up Hoboman. Listen to the people and not Weaver and his tree huggers

Merry likes this post.
westbankkid
Übergod

Liked in: 456 posts

Postby Urban Cowboy » Apr 21st, 2018, 12:00 pm

coriaselton wrote:I’m not a religious person but sometimes I feel like I am trapped and moving through Dante's 9 circles of hell while I wait to be rescued from BC’s current rogue captors. Politics has become a game of strategy instead of integrity. Politicians are making decisions based on retention of seats to maintain power. If Horgan were to change his position on the pipeline would the Greens withdraw their support? Weaver is not about to give up the control and platform he now has.

We are in hell, and it goes by the name of NDP!
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Next

Return to Bickering Room