Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby butcher99 » Nov 15th, 2018, 8:00 am

fridge wrote:Sure glad I invested and built a house a few years ago now only to see any market that may have been interested in buying that house from me scampering away from the rising sewage waters of the GreenDP!!

!!

couple things here. Housing prices are falling across western Canada. They have gone way down in Saskatchewan and they have no tax. It has little to do with that investment tax. If you were to sell your house anything you buy across Canada has also fallen in price so unless you intend to head to a different country it is 100% relative.
Your house value could cut in half and cost you nothing. You still have to replace it and anything you buy has also been cut in half.

As for the rest of that nonsense, we get it. You hate the NDP. BCs economy is doing just fine. Construction is continuing.
The reason Kindermorgan is not going ahead has nothing to do with the NDP or Greens. It has to do with the fact that the Conservatives and then the real liberals in Ottawa did not follow well laid out rules on what they had to do to go ahead with the project.
as of Sept 2018
Real GDP growth in BC was 3.9% twice the national average and the second highest in Canada.
The unemployment rate in BC is the lowest in Canada at 5.2%.

Yes, housing starts are down. But that appears to be all.
Just where are the facts and figures to back up your rant?

I know it is great to have a scapegoat. Especially one you hate but sometimes that does not make your ramblings correct.

3 people like this post.
butcher99
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 722 posts

Postby butcher99 » Nov 15th, 2018, 8:04 am

Pete Podoski wrote:Another N.D.P. promise broken.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4620844/bc-d ... time-2018/

It seems business was not all that enamored of the change. Don't you want the NDP to listen to business? People need to flood his office continually with complaints.

Cactusflower likes this post.
butcher99
Lord of the Board

Postby gordon_as » Nov 15th, 2018, 9:27 am

re : the title of this thread ( Thanks for Nothing ) . I would have to agree somewhat. In the past , every time I turned on the news , or opened a newspaper , there would be something there about how the Liberal government was screwing us over , or there was some scandal hanging over a BC liberal , or a questionable allocation of tax $$ , or a very questionable business deal that benefited a Liberal insider. You just don't see that on a daily basis anymore. Yes , thanks indeed GreeNDP , for ridding us of the scourge of the corrupt New BC Liberals.
New for 2018 : Now posting at the maturity level of the average Lieberal cheerleader. Any intelligent remarks or verifiable facts are probably accidental.

3 people like this post.
gordon_as
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1045 posts

Postby Pete Podoski » Nov 15th, 2018, 9:48 am

gordon_as wrote:re : the title of this thread ( Thanks for Nothing ) . I would have to agree somewhat. In the past , every time I turned on the news , or opened a newspaper , there would be something there about how the Liberal government was screwing us over , or there was some scandal hanging over a BC liberal , or a questionable allocation of tax $$ , or a very questionable business deal that benefited a Liberal insider. You just don't see that on a daily basis anymore. Yes , thanks indeed GreeNDP , for ridding us of the scourge of the corrupt New BC Liberals.

Because the "Community Benefits Agreement" doesn't benefit an N.D.P. insider.

Nice try, buddy, but you're piddling in the wind trying to convince people that Victoria has changed its ways.
Hi, I'm Justin Trudeau, and I'm riding a bus.
Why? It's not because my $2,000,000 vintage 1960 Mercedes 300SL is in the shop.
It's because it's election time and I need you to believe that I'm just like you and that I actually care.
Pete Podoski
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 2336 posts

Postby butcher99 » Nov 15th, 2018, 10:53 am

Pete Podoski wrote:Because the "Community Benefits Agreement" doesn't benefit an N.D.P. insider.

Nice try, buddy, but you're piddling in the wind trying to convince people that Victoria has changed its ways.

Do you even know what the Community Benefits Agreement is? It would appear not. It provides jobs and infrastructure updating and apprenticeship training. Please explain exactly how or who or which NDP insider it benefits.

2 people like this post.
butcher99
Lord of the Board

Postby Pete Podoski » Nov 15th, 2018, 11:34 am

butcher99 wrote:
Pete Podoski wrote:Because the "Community Benefits Agreement" doesn't benefit an N.D.P. insider.

Do you even know what the Community Benefits Agreement is? It would appear not. It provides jobs and infrastructure updating and apprenticeship training. Please explain exactly how or who or which NDP insider it benefits.

Excluding 85% of B.C.'s workers because they don't belong to the N.D.P.'s chosen, high-donation unions is how it benefits insiders.

You'll never convince anyone other than yourself any differently; and I don't think you believe a single word of your own blather.
Hi, I'm Justin Trudeau, and I'm riding a bus.
Why? It's not because my $2,000,000 vintage 1960 Mercedes 300SL is in the shop.
It's because it's election time and I need you to believe that I'm just like you and that I actually care.
Pete Podoski
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 2336 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Nov 15th, 2018, 12:32 pm

We know that died in the wool dippers will try very hard to claim successes for the BC NDP clown car. But the BC NDP/LEAP have broken many, many promises, and are now hoist on the petard of their stupid peanut chucking.

A visible example of this is the hue and cry the BC NDP/LEAP threw at the former government about the opiod crisis. With much ballyhoo, the BC NDP/LEAP started a new ministry, at great cost, and the end results tell the tale of this costly effort: Sept. 2017 - 93 deaths, Sept. 2018 - 128 deaths. BUT, Judy D'Arcy is finally admitting that there is nothing the province can do within the federal legal framework - and thus admitting that the BC NDP/LEAP were just playing political games with a tragedy. https://theprovince.com/news/local-news/128-people-died-of-illicit-drug-overdoses-in-b-c-in-september-coroner/wcm/3d1aab80-426b-4d14-99db-05ab5773a7ad

So the BC NDP/LEAP did "give the appearance" of doing something, but in fact have done nothing. That is the definition of thanks for nothing, while spending a lot more money and on fat $salary jobs for BC NDP/LEAP cronies.

That is the pattern we saw in the 1990s - lots of promises, and no end results.

As for the economy in BC, well, the BC NDP/LEAP were so unready, "the dog ate my homework", that they were literally "the dog that caught the bus". So they used the BC Liberal budget through to March this year, and then delivered a poorly thought out dog's breakfast of a budget. The real impacts of any government budget are not felt until the provisions that effect the economy are in place. The most disastrous economic of the BC NDP/LEAP ideologically constipated "budget" do not come into effect until 2019. In terms of construction, the lead time effect of the BC NDP/LEAP dog's breakfast budget is softened by construction commitments already started and those that already have significant funds irretrievably committed, and so that effect will not be fully felt until late 2019 (many projects take 2-3 years to complete).

Looking at the July snapshot, residential construction new permits in BC fell 11%, while nationally the decrease was only .3%. While it is early and the data is insufficient, that is a weakness that does not bode well for construction in 2019. Most disturbing is the fact that new permits were down the most for multi-family dwellings. Multi-family dwellings (condos, townhouses, rentals) are the "affordable" (at least within possibility) sector of the market.

How do you solve a housing shortage with LESS construction in affordable sectors??? The BC NDP/LEAP have failed to answer that to this point. 2019 will be telling.

Of course, meanwhile, "sticky fingers" Horgan has a photo op for "affordable housing" (largely using federal money!!) an announces 750 affordable housing units for the entire interior and north of the province. Whoop-de-do! 750 affordable units could be gobbled up in minutes in Rutland alone...
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 10806 posts

Postby butcher99 » Nov 15th, 2018, 12:47 pm

Pete Podoski wrote:

Excluding 85% of B.C.'s workers because they don't belong to the N.D.P.'s chosen, high-donation unions is how it benefits insiders.

You'll never convince anyone other than yourself any differently; and I don't think you believe a single word of your own blather.

Would you care to point out where you have to be a union worker to get into this program? The documents are online for you to read.

flamingfingers likes this post.
butcher99
Lord of the Board

Postby butcher99 » Nov 15th, 2018, 12:51 pm

hobbyguy wrote:We know that died in the wool dippers.

Not trying to claim anything. Please show me where the BC economy is bad? Unemployment is down GDP is up. Only the housing sector is having a downturn as all the western provinces are experiencing.

Which part other than a housing slowdown is bad? Even that has been overshadowed by a continual growth in BC and lowering unemployment.

You died in the wool "NDP haters" would not know a good economy if you saw it. Which of course is obvious because you think this is a poor economic situation even though it is one of the best in Canada right now

butcher99
Lord of the Board

Postby hobbyguy » Nov 15th, 2018, 1:41 pm

butcher99 wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:We know that died in the wool dippers.

Not trying to claim anything. Please show me where the BC economy is bad? Unemployment is down GDP is up. Only the housing sector is having a downturn as all the western provinces are experiencing.

Which part other than a housing slowdown is bad? Even that has been overshadowed by a continual growth in BC and lowering unemployment.

You died in the wool "NDP haters" would not know a good economy if you saw it. Which of course is obvious because you think this is a poor economic situation even though it is one of the best in Canada right now

Read my post. BC Liberal budget and policies through to March this year. Lag in BC NDP/LEAP so called "policies" - until 2019.

Did the BC NDP/LEAP - after courting the nimby/green* book follower vote cancel site C? No. They reversed course and continued with that economy supporting Liberal initiative.

Did the BC NDP/LEAP - after wailing like banshees about it - cancel LNG in BC?? No, they got the phony green* and nimby votes they wanted, then reversed course and continued with the economy Liberal initiative - except with MORE "corporate welfare".

So yes, the economy is OK for now. Because the ideological constipation and incompetence of the BC NDP/LEAP is not yet being fully felt. 2019 it starts to kick in. Only because the BC NDP/LEAP are so incompetent, they didn't have a "governance plan" and stuck to the Liberal plan, until the ideological lunacy crept into the budget.

But I get it, butcher, dippers don't look forward, and thus don't understand. Just look at the LNG potential, it takes years to get such projects even close to being "on the go". So what you do today is often not felt for a considerable period of time.

Nor do they look at key details that underlie the numbers. Like for example that the BC NDP/LEAP have significantly increased both direct and indirect public sector employment - masking any weakness in private sector employment. (That's an old trick, Stephen Harper did it too...).

The reality is that BC NDP/LEAP are so bereft of expertise, competency and understanding that we face a repeat of the 1990s debacle - because the exact same bunch (well, pretty much, except some are new generations of the same bunch (the Sanfords and Sihotas) - with same tired out failure ideological ideas are messing about. Yup, they did borrow some failed ideas from elsewhere (Quebec's failed $10/day daycare plan) - despite even Adrian Dix saying that the province can't afford it. But what is the plan for the long term?? There isn't one.

Gordon Campbell had a long term plan, some of it not so successful, like IPPs, but there was a plan and direction. Christy Clark had a long term plan, including site C and LNG - some it not so successful, other parts very successful.

So far the only long term the BC NDP/LEAP are pursuing are Liberal initiatives - site C and LNG. Their "affordable housing" stuff is just rhetoric and a few insignificant photo ops. The opiod "plan" is just window dressing. The biggest joke of all is "making life more affordable for British Columbians".

All the nonsense of the BC NDP/LEAP has been exposed.

They bought votes with "stopping Christy Clark's 46% increase in ICBC rates" - how's that working out for you? Lots of silly rhetoric from Emporer Eby - but guess what - you will be paying MORE than that and getting LESS coverage!

They bought votes with "eliminating the bridge tolls" - but we know that isn't the case, "congestion point" pricing is coming.

They bought votes with "getting big money out of politics" and lied about no public money going to political parties, only to institutionalize "big money in politics" at taxpayer expense to funnel $millions to pay the incompetently run and bankrupt excuse for a party - the BC NDP/LEAP.

And on and on the list goes. The BC NDP/LEAP are all rhetoric and no competency. We will pay a price for that, just as we did in the 1990s.

seewood likes this post.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Postby hobbyguy » Nov 15th, 2018, 1:43 pm

I should add that there IS one exception. Adrian Dix is doing a credible job. Kudos to Adrian for being wise enough to take Glen Clark's advice and checking his ideology at the door.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Postby butcher99 » Nov 15th, 2018, 3:12 pm

hobbyguy wrote:Read my post. BC Liberal budget and policies through to March this year. Lag in BC NDP/LEAP so called "policies" - until 2019.

Did the BC NDP/LEAP - after courting the nimby/green* book follower vote cancel site C? No. They reversed course and continued with that economy supporting Liberal initiative.

Gordon Campbell had a long term plan, some of it not so successful, like IPPs, but there was a plan and direction. Christy Clark had a long term plan, including site C and LNG - some it not so successful, other parts very successful.

So far the only long term the BC NDP/LEAP are pursuing are Liberal initiatives - site C and LNG. Their "affordable housing" stuff is just rhetoric and a few insignificant photo ops. The opiod "plan" is just window dressing. The biggest joke of all is "making life more affordable for British Columbians".

All the nonsense of the BC NDP/LEAP has been exposed.

They bought votes with "stopping Christy Clark's 46% increase in ICBC rates" - how's that working out for you? Lots of silly rhetoric from Emporer Eby - but guess what - you will be paying MORE than that and getting LESS coverage!

They bought votes with "eliminating the bridge tolls" - but we know that isn't the case, "congestion point" pricing is coming.

So you agree that BC is doing just fine and that the wheels are not falling off. It is like I have always said. You just hate the NDP. We could have the lowest unemployment in Canada. We could have the highest GDP growth in Canada, we could be the most business friendly province in canada with the highest growth rate and and you would still say the NDP are the wreck and ruin of our economy. Why not just admit it.
That is actually all your above rant says. "I hate the NDP".

So since Gordon Campbells IPP plan which NDP supported said was just going to cost more in the long run, was forward planning that was ok?
ICBC rates are not going up as much as they were to under the LIberals. It is hard to get away from that many years of mismanagement without some pain. The Liberals stole hundreds of millions from ICBC and BC Hydro (yes, I know that hydro was an NDP plan but the Liberals did not change it did they) and used that money to say they balanced the budget.

ICBC was using the excess funds they had made over the years to balance to keep our rates low in years of high payouts. Thanks to the Liberals there is no money there now to do that. It went to a balanced BC budget... What a joke.

Just admit that you hate the NDP and that no matter the outcome, no matter how good it is, (and it is damn good at the moment) you will not like them and continue to rail against them.

butcher99
Lord of the Board

Postby hobbyguy » Nov 15th, 2018, 6:08 pm

^^ We are doing ok, but as i pointed out, the impacts of idiotic BC NDP policies have not yet hit. You choose not see.

The signs of weakness are there. Overall job growth is anemic despite the BC NDP/LEAP hiring a lot more public sector employee, both directly and indirectly. That's just one troubling signal that all is not well under the usurper illegitimate goofballs in the BC NDP.

Right now we are still mostly, in economic terms, under Liberal policies. As I said, 2019 will be the beginning of measuring the depth of BC NDP/LEAP stupidity. But then maybe the feds will save us to some extent when they trample the stupid BC NDP/LEAP and build the TMX...
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Postby burnedatstake » Nov 15th, 2018, 7:34 pm

it certainly didnt benefit apprentices. there is a reason that there is a shortage of skilled tradesmen. apprenticeships were coming from business/contractor friendly means and benefiting that group. so why was it ok for programs to streamline and benefit the liberals - but when it shifts back to the ndp it is a scandal? doesnt make sense.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 492 posts

Postby burnedatstake » Nov 15th, 2018, 7:46 pm

Pete Podoski wrote:Excluding 85% of B.C.'s workers because they don't belong to the N.D.P.'s chosen, high-donation unions is how it benefits insiders.

you are the one that is blathering out of bitterness that the comfy system you exploited has shifted. you were happy when 85 percent of the companies paid tradesmen a pittance for their hard graft. while contractors would have workers burning rubber to the bosses bank to be one of the ones that could have their paycheck covered. and if you were too late - you had to wait till the boss made interest from his bank account and then finally get paid. or wait till the boss got back from the mexico trip so you could finally cash your bounced check. problems you would rarely face if you were working for a union contractor. dont be so hard done by. sign into the local and you can be paid what you should be worth - and you can work on the job. simple. just like it was simple to grin and bear it for less so you could work consistently while the guy took advantage of the anti union climate. i recently saw a handout by southern interior construction association making it out to be a scandal with dire consequences for workers which would mean 30 cents an hour in order to work union only sites and jobs. what they didnt inform with their propaganda was that the wages would be higher. and the benefits higher. in which case most guys would gladly hand over 2.50 a day. its still way less for more wages - than just less from greedy - non union - management heavy companies.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 492 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room