Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby madmudder » Nov 16th, 2018, 3:35 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 16th, 2018, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
madmudder
Board Meister

Liked in: 158 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Nov 19th, 2018, 12:09 pm

butcher99 wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Shortage of "trades" and apprentices is because the millennials don't want to work at these jobs. They all want to be computer game testers.

Yes, they want high paying clean inside jobs not working outside in the rain and cold and sweltering heat.

Just shows a narrowness of perspective. Not everyone wants to be a cubicle dweller. They are lots of folks who prefer to work with their hands, and a combination of working with their hands and minds to being stuck in a cubicle.

No generation, no group, is monolithic.
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.

Snman likes this post.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 10806 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Nov 19th, 2018, 12:28 pm

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-overhaul-of-bc-environmental-assessment-will-fail-scientists/

Ah yes, after trolling the phony green* crowd for votes - the BC NDP/LEAP turns their back on them. Unsurprising that legislation spearheaded by the village idiot George Heyman is deemed a failure. Unsurprising that the main criticism is that BC NDP/LEAP legislation spearheaded by the village idiot George Heyman is not fact based.

George Heyman always was, and is, a phony.

"The minority NDP government, which holds power with the support of the Green Party, has long branded itself as a champion on the environment. But, from the approval of the Site C dam and a massive LNG facility, to the continuance of logging old-growth forests and open-net fish farming, the New Democrats have not veered wildly from the path laid down by the Liberals."

Yep, the BC NDP/LEAP cynically trolled for votes, and in the end, deliver a big fat nothing burger for the green* crowd. No surprise there. The "working people's" NDP is much more closely aligned with the perspective of the BC Liberals than it is with the ideologically constipated Green* bunch.

That said, the balance in what we have had for environmental review has been decent, with only a very few notable errors..

Plus I am not surprised to see criticism from the ivory tower crowd with their own narrowness of culture and perspective. There is a balance, and the ivory tower crowd has been guilty of not seeing that, and also guilty of spinning out deeply flawed "reports" that are unscientific. So there is an element of hypocrisy in their criticism.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Postby butcher99 » Nov 19th, 2018, 4:26 pm

hobbyguy wrote:https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-overhaul-of-bc-environmental-assessment-will-fail-scientists/

Ah yes, after trolling the phony green* crowd for votes - the BC NDP/LEAP turns their back on them. Unsurprising that legislation spearheaded by the village idiot George Heyman is deemed a failure. Unsurprising that the main criticism is that BC NDP/LEAP legislation spearheaded by the village idiot George Heyman is not fact based.

You know, you can be kicked off these forums for calling people who post here what you continually call NDP Green supporters and the members of the NDP and green parties in power. Is there any particular reason you feel it is necessary to make all your rants so juvenile? The only thing it does is make you look like you are just a hater.

If what you post is true, you should be happy. Less regulation. What the people who support the NDP and the Green think is a matter for them and not you.

I am not sure what you are attempting to accomplish with this post.

Are you angry that they proposals do not go far enough? What was the reason for your post. Yes, I agree that the regulations do not go far enough. However they are going in the right direction for the first time in many years.

At least the NDP and Greens have the backs of the people of BC while maintaining a friendly business climate. A climate that despite your hate continues to keep BC as one of the lowest unemployment and highest GDP growing provinces in Canada.

burnedatstake likes this post.
butcher99
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 722 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 19th, 2018, 4:38 pm

butcher99 wrote:
You know, you can be kicked off these forums for calling people who post here what you continually call NDP Green supporters and the members of the NDP and green parties in power.

George Heyman is a village idiot and a phony. Why would anyone be kicked off this forum for telling the truth?

The only thing it does is make you look like you are just a hater.

Or in actuality, a truth-teller.

At least the NDP and Greens have the backs of the people of BC.

no they don't. They have the backs of their union puppeteers.
All evidence points to the snollygoster scown Justin Trudeau being unfit to run this country. The LIEberal platform is all foofrah. Don't be fooled by the LIEberal decepticons. October 2019 can't come fast enough.

Snman likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 23093 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Nov 19th, 2018, 4:46 pm

butcher99 wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-overhaul-of-bc-environmental-assessment-will-fail-scientists/

You know, you can be kicked off these forums for calling people who post here what you continually call NDP Green supporters and the members of the NDP and green parties in power. Is there any particular reason you feel it is necessary to make all your rants so juvenile? The only thing it does is make you look like you are just a hater.

If what you post is true, you should be happy. Less regulation. What the people who support the NDP and the Green think is a matter for them and not you.

I am not sure what you are attempting to accomplish with this post.

Are you angry that they proposals do not go far enough? What was the reason for your post. Yes, I agree that the regulations do not go far enough. However they are going in the right direction for the first time in many years.

At least the NDP and Greens have the backs of the people of BC while maintaining a friendly business climate. A climate that despite your hate continues to keep BC as one of the lowest unemployment and highest GDP growing provinces in Canada.

Actually, if you read the article, the changes are largely window dressing according the ivory tower crowd.

And as I correctly point out, the BC NDP incompetents, the snollygoster George Heyman front and center, were just using, in the worst sense of the word, the green* stuff to troll for votes.

The pertinent paragraph again:

"The minority NDP government, which holds power with the support of the Green Party, has long branded itself as a champion on the environment. But, from the approval of the Site C dam and a massive LNG facility, to the continuance of logging old-growth forests and open-net fish farming, the New Democrats have not veered wildly from the path laid down by the Liberals."

The BC NDP/LEAP pretended to be against site C to troll for a few votes. They pretended to be against LNG to troll for a few votes. They pretended to be against old growth logging to troll for a few votes. They pretended that the fish farms would be "gone" to troll for a few votes. (And never mind stuff like promising Uber by Christmas 2017 to troll for a few votes).

Ummm.... sorry, if that isn't the BC NDP/LEAP being phony snollygosters... then perhaps you can explain why it isn't??

2 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Postby burnedatstake » Nov 19th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Nov 20th, 2018, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 492 posts

Postby Carrs Landing Viking » Nov 19th, 2018, 7:46 pm

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Nov 20th, 2018, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting Another User

2 people like this post.
Carrs Landing Viking
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 1395 posts

Postby burnedatstake » Nov 19th, 2018, 7:51 pm

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Nov 20th, 2018, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby mikest2 » Nov 19th, 2018, 8:05 pm

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Nov 20th, 2018, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
mikest2
Übergod

Liked in: 1777 posts

Postby Snman » Nov 19th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Removed
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Snman
Übergod

Liked in: 982 posts

Postby burnedatstake » Nov 19th, 2018, 8:12 pm

Removed
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby alanjh595 » Nov 19th, 2018, 8:17 pm

burnedatstake wrote:with the obvious bias we face here in these forums you hit the nail on the head. right wingers wont be censored. or dealt with. its too bad.

What does this current generation's choice/desire to obtain employment in an environmentally controlled office punching a game controller or a keyboard have anything to do with a "trade"?
Something that takes years of study, testing,and apprenticeship under the close supervision of a certified "Red Seal" trades person?
What does that passion, devotion and dedication have to do with politics?

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Nov 20th, 2018, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4724 posts

Postby Pete Podoski » Nov 20th, 2018, 8:22 am

How much money did the taxi lobby give Horgan?

Hi, I'm Justin Trudeau, and I'm riding a bus.
Why? It's not because my $2,000,000 vintage 1960 Mercedes 300SL is in the shop.
It's because it's election time and I need you to believe that I'm just like you and that I actually care.

3 people like this post.
Pete Podoski
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 2336 posts

Postby Urbane » Nov 24th, 2018, 10:03 pm

This public school teacher is basically saying "Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP." The NDP, during the election campaign, raised expectations on the part of teachers. A growing number are not impressed. Here's an excerpt from one teacher's FB post (it's a long post but worth the read so do click on):
Open letter to my MLA and to the Minister of Education: Surprise! It’s about education funding
LAURA BARKER·WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2018
Hello Judy,
You may remember me from volunteering on your campaign for the past two elections. And Rob, you may remember me from discussing important Adult Education funding issues with you a number of times, both before and after your 2017 election.
I am a public school teacher living in Judy's riding, and I am also an activist: I encouraged many others to get involved, to volunteer, to donate, and to vote in the last election. I made a social media video highlighting my support for Judy and your party. But I am now facing some heat from friends and colleagues who ask what good their involvement and support of your party has done for them--especially in education.
And I am increasingly annoyed at continued requests to donate even more to your party. So let me tell you why I am seriously considering cancelling my current regular monthly donations to your party (a message I suspect your fund-raisers may be hearing from teachers quite a bit these days).
I currently am working with elementary school children who have special needs--the type categorized as "Low incidence", which includes some children with quite severe and complex diagnoses. This is why I am writing to you today.

Full post: https://www.facebook.com/notes/laura-ba ... 741601756/

In 2001 many teachers sat out the election or voted Liberal. Might history repeat itself come the next election?

rustled likes this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 13057 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room