Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby hobbyguy » Dec 17th, 2018, 2:19 pm

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/2018/12/03/massey-tunnel-earthquake-bc/

"Massey Tunnel couldn’t withstand moderate to severe earthquake"

SNIP

“We’ve been asking Minister Trevena to release the results of the Cowdell report for months, and officially confirm what we’ve known all along- that the bridge project is dead,” said Delta South MLA Ian Paton in a press release. “After stringing the public along for several months, she’s suddenly run to the City of Richmond with information she should be making available to everyone.”

Yup, clueless Claire can't understand the report - so she runs to the City of Richmond with its NDP fan mayor to find out how to spin it.

No spinning it. The Massey tunnel is not structurally sound by current standards.
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.

Urban Cowboy likes this post.
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 10180 posts

Postby butcher99 » Dec 17th, 2018, 7:25 pm

Same old NDP haters posting the same old *bleep* that they post day after day after day and not a single one of you will back up your rantings.
I posted in another thread asking if a single one of you would be willing to make a post in two years apologizing and admitting that you were wrong if the wheels did not fall off and things proceeded as normal. Not a single one of you loud mouth shnooks took me up on it. So, I upped the anti. I said that if anyone took me up on this and the wheels did fall off and BC fell behind the rest of Canada in growth and employment that I would apologize and admit that the NDP screwed it up. Again, not a single one of you would take me up on this.

If you don't believe in what you post enough to put some backup behind your rant why even bother. You all post the same *bleep* over and over and the wheels don't fall off. And when they don't, you just double down and say it is not long enough. Posts from shortly after the NDP/Green took power were saying in a year things would fall apart. Well, they have not. If anything they have improved.
Our healthcare financing is coming in line with the other provinces. The tolls have been removed from the lower mainland bridges. Things continue to look up.

You remind me of an old baseball term.. Balk balk balk.

2 people like this post.
butcher99
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 639 posts

Postby burnedatstake » Dec 17th, 2018, 7:49 pm

butcher99 wrote:Same old NDP haters posting the same old *bleep* that they post day after day after day and not a single one of you will back up your rantings.
I posted in another thread asking if a single one of you would be willing to make a post in two years apologizing and admitting that you were wrong if the wheels did not fall off and things proceeded as normal. Not a single one of you loud mouth shnooks took me up on it. So, I upped the anti. I said that if anyone took me up on this and the wheels did fall off and BC fell behind the rest of Canada in growth and employment that I would apologize and admit that the NDP screwed it up. Again, not a single one of you would take me up on this.

If you don't believe in what you post enough to put some backup behind your rant why even bother. You all post the same *bleep* over and over and the wheels don't fall off. And when they don't, you just double down and say it is not long enough. Posts from shortly after the NDP/Green took power were saying in a year things would fall apart. Well, they have not. If anything they have improved.
Our healthcare financing is coming in line with the other provinces. The tolls have been removed from the lower mainland bridges. Things continue to look up.

at least you can rebuttal. sigh......
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Übergod

Liked in: 379 posts

Postby Snman » Dec 17th, 2018, 10:20 pm

burnedatstake wrote:
butcher99 wrote:Same old NDP haters posting the same old *bleep* that they post day after day after day and not a single one of you will back up your rantings.

at least you can rebuttal. sigh......

You mean rebut. Rebuttal is a noun. No wonder you don't use punctuation. Sigh.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
Snman
Übergod

Liked in: 947 posts

Postby LordEd » Dec 18th, 2018, 6:57 am

butcher99 wrote:Posts from shortly after the NDP/Green took power were saying in a year things would fall apart.

Yep, that's what I thought, but then the math changed with Christy gone and the speaker swapped.

That and NDP have kept up their bribe payments by putting the referendum later.
I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend your right to be punished for it. (User profile -> Search user’s posts)
https://xkcd.com/1357/
LordEd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2438 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Dec 18th, 2018, 7:29 am

so you are saying that Horgan and Weaver didn't use taxpayer money to set up a secretariat? Really? I thought they did. Are you sure about that?
How do you destroy a political party? Elect a part-time drama teacher as your leader because of his last name.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18423 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Dec 18th, 2018, 11:00 am

Pffft! You simply didn't understand the conversation. Math + NDP = does not compute.

The bridge tolls are not gone. Translink has already increased to the gasoline tax and more is coming. We know that congestion point tolls are coming. That whole thing is just hooey.

If you studied health care properly, you would realize that throwing more $$$ at healthcare for "more of the same" won't do anything in the long term. Period. However, as I have said elsewhere, Adrian Dix is one two ministers that is doing a decent job of handling his portfolio, and that is largely because he has made a few moves to start the processing of reforming our health care system design - but the physicians salary set up is working against those reforms and may just wind up making access to family health care harder to get, not easier - so a mixed bag.

So let's turn back to the Massey bridge situation. The BC NDP/LEAP went vote trolling among the nimby crowd on the new bridge. So they mess about with a report for 2 years +/- , and the report, try as it might to obfuscate for the usurper NDP nonsense, recommends a 6-8 lane bridge. Clueless Claire steps up with her ususal know nothing nonsense and says the original project was the wrong project at 10 lanes - but of course ignores the key fact that the original project included 2 dedicated bus lanes. Yup, a proven way to reduce air pollution and promote efficient public transport! IF you add those two dedicated bus lanes to a 6-8 lane bridge, you get right back where it all started at an 8-10 lane bridge.

The BC NDP/LEAP are once again caught in their own peanut chucking garbage and their usual "tax and waste" incompetency. The Massey tunnel is past its sell by date, being a death trap if there is a moderate earthquake. 60 year old structure that was never designed or built to withstand earthquakes. The net result of this useless BC NDP/LEAP futzing about is MORE GHG emissions, frustrated commuters, and MORE cost (especially with "sticky fingers" Horgan's corrupt select unions only contracts) for likely less. A total waste of tax $$$.

For reference: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-further-delays-hamper-bcs-massey-tunnel-replacement/ and https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/2018/12/03/massey-tunnel-earthquake-bc/

And so we see continuing NDP stupidity as their know nothing peanut chucking incompetence drives us all toward the poor house. AND we see another BC NDP/LEAP reversal of position cloaked in expensive obfuscation of "study and review" - by yet another BC NDP/LEAP "minister" in so far over her head she does not know which way to run.
hobbyguy
Guru

Postby Urban Cowboy » Dec 18th, 2018, 12:59 pm

https://www.castanet.net/news/Business/ ... g-forecast

Another indicator of current government messing about with that which is beyond their comprehension.

The report points to the federal government's mortgage stress test, higher interest rates and various provincial policy measures for the downturn and predicts "rising but subdued sales" over the next three years, with little movement in median home prices.

Bryan Yu, Central 1's deputy chief economist, says builders have noted the shift and the result is a sharp drop in housing starts since September, especially in urban areas.

He says starts in B.C. are predicted to fall to about 32,000 units in each of the next two years after nearly 40,000 units were under construction this year and 43,500 in 2017.

Care to guess whether the "speculation tax" qualifies as a negative policy measure?

I'd like to see a sea of people stepping up to confirm that NDG measures are creating a whole whack of affordable housing, especially in our area. Any takers? :biggrin:

Already this year housing starts dropped by 3,500 units compared to 2017 and if prediction is correct we can count on that dropping to 11,500 units less than 2017 under NDG tenure.

I'm kind of guessing that such a decrease has to translate into job losses, and less tax revenue from construction associated businesses.

I'm also guessing that this will be blamed on Trump by at least one NDG fan. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey

3 people like this post.
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 6491 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Dec 18th, 2018, 2:45 pm

^^ AND notice the comment "little movement in median house prices". Hmmm... so much for the BC NDP false promise of "affordable housing".

hobbyguy
Guru

Postby butcher99 » Dec 18th, 2018, 3:02 pm

hobbyguy wrote:^^ AND notice the comment "little movement in median house prices". Hmmm... so much for the BC NDP false promise of "affordable housing".

No According to many posts you have put on here previously anything that does or does not happen this year is due to the liberals.
The way Trump is screwing with the stock markets with his tariffs, that may not be a problem for long. They all might be falling. However, yet again, only a few short posts ago others where whining that house prices had fallen. (Might not have been you) Make up your minds.
butcher99
Lord of the Board

Postby hobbyguy » Dec 18th, 2018, 3:08 pm

^^ How does "very little movement in median house prices" for 2019 have anything to do with the BC Liberals? That's exactly when I said that most BC NDP/LEAP nonsense policies would kick in!

Oh wait, I see it now. 2019 is a number. That's sort of "mathy" and NDP + math = does not compute.

hobbyguy
Guru

Postby butcher99 » Dec 18th, 2018, 8:14 pm

hobbyguy wrote:^^ How does "very little movement in median house prices" for 2019 have anything to do with the BC Liberals? That's exactly when I said that most BC NDP/LEAP nonsense policies would kick in!

Oh wait, I see it now. 2019 is a number. That's sort of "mathy" and NDP + math = does not compute.

Do I have to dig back through your posts where you and other NDP bashers have said that the improvements in BC economy are not due to NDP policies but to Liberal policies? Apparently you have a very short memory.
Oh I get it. If it is good it is because of former Liberal policies but if as in this case it has not improved, it is due to the NDP.

Still waiting for you to take up my challenge. All wind and no action? How can anyone possibly take anything you say seriously if you are unwilling to actually back up the fluff you post?
butcher99
Lord of the Board

Previous

Return to Bickering Room