Kelowna crime

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Kelowna crime

Postby Bpeep » Jul 3rd, 2018, 10:22 pm

Since the far left tree huggers all think that criminals are an acceptable segment of society, I'll place this thread in the bickering room.

I hope the junkie who robbed that bank today enjoys shooting up his meth behind a dumpster tonight, coz his days of doing so are limited.
They'll get him pretty quick.
Junkie *bleep* don't rob banks and get away with it.

It's sad what's happening in our society.
And I'm afraid it's nowhere close to ending anytime soon.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive *bleep* excessively.

4 people like this post.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 10438 posts

Re: Kelowna crime

Postby cutter7 » Jul 3rd, 2018, 11:59 pm

They will catch him, he will rat on one of his dealers and they will make a "mistake" on his charges.
They will arrest his dealer make some headlines while he is back on the street stealing again.

Rinse and repeat. The whole system is out of whack
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 223 posts

Postby savvybusinessman » Jul 4th, 2018, 8:59 am

Bpeep wrote:It's sad what's happening in our society.

I'm good with it. Try locking your door.

kevingerry78 likes this post.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby GordonH » Jul 4th, 2018, 9:43 am

As long as justice system continues to bend over backwards for the criminals. Not giving a damn about the victims & there families i.e recent changes to a murderer from Armstrong sentence.

Victims family is now forced to show up at every parole hearing, hopping what they say keeps this murderer behind bars for his full sentence.

impo all murderers should be serving there full sentence without parole. Another example is BS the Johnson & Bentley families have had to go through over the years.

Parole hearings revictimizes the families over & over.... that is shameful.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

3 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8922 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Queen K » Jul 4th, 2018, 10:37 am

Ah yet another good argument to bring back capital punishment: the Johnson/Bently murders.

Why fool around with what doesn't work? But CP is permanent.

Yesterday yet another photographer got robbed of all her equipment, out of her car. Nice crackhead prolly with a lengthy "promise to appear" record.
Using cash is one of your few forms of privacy: use it or lose it. 1984 isn't the only Orwell novel that needs to to made fiction again.

3 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 15241 posts

Postby the truth » Jul 4th, 2018, 11:20 am

soft on crime left wingers does not help, they seem to exquse everything these junkies do
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

2 people like this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7606 posts

Postby Jonrox » Jul 4th, 2018, 12:14 pm

Are you under the impression that crime and drug use are something new or are getting worse?
Jonrox
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2439 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jul 4th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Let's examine what the stats say? Shall we?

New report finds staggering levels of drug-related crime in Vancouver
SEPTEMBER 26, 2017
A new study from the BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS in Vancouver, BC, finds that the costs of crime stemming from the use of stimulant drugs like cocaine and methamphetamines are “substantial,” amounting to between $5,500 to almost $8,900 per month for each stimulant user.

If that sounds high, it is. In fact, it’s a whopping $66,000 to $106,800 per person annually. The researchers say that aside from the societal and health benefits that would come from addiction intervention and treatment for those using stimulants drugs, the monetary savings would be significant.

After opioid use, stimulants like cocaine (including crack cocaine) and amphetamines such as methamphetamine represent the second-most commonly used illicit drug, both in Canada and worldwide.

And while there are many facets to the relationship between stimulant use and criminal activity, the evidence is clear that methamphetamine use, for example, comes with an increased risk of psychotic episodes and aggressive behaviour, along with a reduction in impulse control for all stimulants, more so than for opiates.

In total, studies have shown that amphetamine use comes with 1.9 times greater risk of offending in comparison to non-users, a rate which rises to six times greater risk for crack cocaine users.

“Criminal activity is one of the largest components of the total societal costs attributable to illicit drug use in Canada and around the world,” say the study’s authors. “It is estimated that the direct costs (e.g., healthcare, law enforcement) of illicit drug use were as high as $3.57 billion in Canada in 2002.”

https://www.cantechletter.com/2017/09/n ... vancouver/

That is just a 2 minute Google search on the topic.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4608 posts

Postby Jonrox » Jul 4th, 2018, 1:04 pm

Alan... for someone who keeps saying that Vancouver info has no place in the Okanagan housing thread, I'm surprised to see you post about Vancouver crime in a thread entitled "Kelowna Crime".

In your honour:
:topic:

(I actually don't care... I just find it ironic.)
Jonrox
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2439 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jul 4th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Jonrox wrote:Alan... for someone who keeps saying that Vancouver info has no place in the Okanagan housing thread, I'm surprised to see you post about Vancouver crime in a thread entitled "Kelowna Crime".

In your honour:
:topic:

(I actually don't care... I just find it ironic.)

YUP...you are right, and thank you for bringing that to my attention. I will make every effort to not repeat that mistake.
alanjh595
Guru

Postby civiladmin » Jul 4th, 2018, 3:18 pm

Queen K wrote:...Yesterday yet another photographer got robbed of all her equipment, out of her car. Nice crackhead prolly with a lengthy "promise to appear" record.

It probably doesn't even know what it stole or how much the equipment should be worth. I have been asked to leave my backpack at the counter in stores because of their 'no backpack' policy, to which I say. "No problem, I'll shop elsewhere."

It's incredibly frustrating how many different ways we are paying and/or inconvenienced in the name of catering to the lowest common denominator.

3 people like this post.
civiladmin

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby the truth » Jul 4th, 2018, 3:25 pm

sad but true, even churches have had enough https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#230539 that people says it all
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7606 posts

Postby Bpeep » Jul 4th, 2018, 4:26 pm

savvybusinessman wrote:

I'm good with it. Try locking your door.

You'll need to own something before you can become the victim of a theft.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive *bleep* excessively.

5 people like this post.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 10438 posts

Postby savvybusinessman » Jul 4th, 2018, 5:15 pm

Bpeep wrote:You'll need to own something before you can become the victim of a theft.

Really? Who knew. There's this thing called insurance that covers theft. It's too bad there's crime but unless one is planning on joining the RCMP then buy insurance and use locks. Crime in Kelowna is not bad at all.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jul 4th, 2018, 5:33 pm

savvybusinessman wrote:
Bpeep wrote:You'll need to own something before you can become the victim of a theft.

Really? Who knew. There's this thing called insurance that covers theft. It's too bad there's crime but unless one is planning on joining the RCMP then buy insurance and use locks. Crime in Kelowna is not bad at all.

Do you have any idea as to what deductibles are today? Any idea how a single claim can raise next years' rates? Do you have insurance? What are your premiums? Is that for "all risks" or "specified risks"?

Jflem1983 likes this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Next

Return to Bickering Room