Kelowna crime

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Kelowna crime

Postby the truth » Jul 4th, 2018, 4:43 pm

a f en meth party are you f kidding me https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#230588 ,these people need to be locked up ,enough is enough
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Jflem1983 likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6531 posts

Postby Bpeep » Jul 4th, 2018, 5:39 pm

alanjh595 wrote:Do you have any idea as to what deductibles are today? Any idea how a single claim can raise next years' rates? Do you have insurance? What are your premiums? Is that for "all risks" or "specified risks"?

As well as potential denial of coverage come renewal time.
Insurance isn't a piggy bank that's there to compensate every time someone is violated.
Deductibles cost, premiums and deductibles increase, and future coverage is denied when claims are made.
An insurer is paid to take a risk on your behalf. Demonstrating that you're a bad risk causes them to not accept that risk.
Whether in premiums and deductibles or assuming the risk yourself, everyone is self insuring.
Insurance providers don't allow claims without endeavoring to recover their monies.

As for crime in kelowna not being bad, read the stats.
It's bad in every cosmopolitan area in North America.
Drug addiction is the largest cause of property crimes, namely meth and cocaine addictions.
We need people to get educated to not touch crack or meth. Ever.
People often get addicted to meth the first time its used.
The instant flood of dopamine when its used, as much as 5 times what is secreted from the most pleasurable natural experience keeps them using, and it shortly becomes a primal urge.
All moral understanding at that point vanishes.
THOSE people ARE problems.

The war on drugs was lost.
The addicts won.
And foolish society is standing there wiping off their chin letting these losers &@€£ them in the mouth, over and over.

Unfortunately, America's poverty and addiction spurns such huge profitable industries that it's unlikely the powers that be want it curtailed.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

4 people like this post.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 10353 posts

Postby Bpeep » Jul 4th, 2018, 5:48 pm

I'm gonna bet that kid who killed Chris Ausman will state in court he was robbing him to feed a meth addiction.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

alanjh595 likes this post.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Postby Bpeep » Jul 4th, 2018, 5:53 pm

I have friends in town who have cameras on their properties.
Some of them tell me that every single night there is people coming on their properties and trying their car doors.
Friend on the lower mainland says it's chronic, multiple times daily and often in daylight.
These aren't people planning a sophisticated lucrative heist.
These are addicts trying to take anything that's takeable.
Their thoughts are only about the next hit.

5 people like this post.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Postby Catsumi » Jul 4th, 2018, 6:27 pm

Whether you put in a claim and pay higher insurance costs or are refused upon renewal from repeated claims, or instead choose to "eat" the loss, the only winner in this game are the crooks. No skin lost there.

Where did we take the wrong turn in this scenario? Was it when youngsters doing bad things but could not be punished by any authorities including their own parents? Jails too full? A flimsy judicial system? A forgiving society that now is wringing its collective hands asking that question again and again?

Where did we turn north when we should have turned south?

Now we have to deal with it and the insurance companies don't give a feces. Just raise the rates and who cares?
Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

Like a plague, JT must go!

2 people like this post.
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3471 posts

Postby savvybusinessman » Jul 4th, 2018, 10:30 pm

alanjh595 wrote:Do you have any idea as to what deductibles are today? Any idea how a single claim can raise next years' rates? Do you have insurance? What are your premiums? Is that for "all risks" or "specified risks"?

You're asking for a lot of personal information that is simply going to be shot down with the typical 'you own nothing' degenerate sort of responses.

As a business and home owner I know a lot about insurance. It's sad you don't feel comfortable relying on it to protect your valuables. What would you rather do about crime? You think comparing Kelowna to Iraq on a message board is doing any good?

civiladmin likes this post.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby Bpeep » Jul 4th, 2018, 11:42 pm

I wouldn't call a rented apartment and a paper route home and business owning.
Lol.
You are entertaining tho.

As for home and business owners, the average ones know next to zero about insurance.
All they do is pay for it, and most haven't a clue exactly what they're really paying for.

I see you know lots tho.
Suggesting frivolous claims for solutions to petty property crimes tells all.

4 people like this post.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Postby W105 » Jul 5th, 2018, 5:20 am

Savvy..one cannot keep making insurance claims without seeing huge increases in the cost of their insurance...you have obviously made very few insurance claims otherwise you would know this..

Jflem1983 likes this post.
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3596 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jul 5th, 2018, 5:25 am

savvybusinessman wrote:

You're asking for a lot of personal information that is simply going to be shot down with the typical 'you own nothing' degenerate sort of responses.

As a business and home owner I know a lot about insurance. It's sad you don't feel comfortable relying on it to protect your valuables. What would you rather do about crime? You think comparing Kelowna to Iraq on a message board is doing any good?

IF you "know a lot about insurance" you would know that my questions are not personal but rather, a test of your insurance knowledge.

As expected.....A FAIL.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3819 posts

Postby Queen K » Jul 5th, 2018, 7:35 pm

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#230679

Loser meth/crackhead breaks into a bakery and scares a wonderful working person. :-X
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.

the truth likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13988 posts

Postby the truth » Jul 5th, 2018, 8:40 pm

this city needs to clean this mess up once and for all
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Bpeep likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby Queen K » Jul 6th, 2018, 4:25 pm

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#230753

Does Shatter add to the crime in Kelowna? Because the survivors have gone from victims to accessories to a homicide if the rumours are going to be proven true.

Yes a young man died in this blast, but did he know there was a drug lab on the premises? Maybe others knew, but did he?
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13988 posts

Postby the truth » Jul 6th, 2018, 9:02 pm

how could he not know, he was friends with people in that house

Bpeep likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby oldtrucker » Jul 26th, 2018, 3:14 pm

I like the old way of fixing a thief forever.
Public amputation of the right hand with a sword and the stump dipped in hot oil to cauterize the wound .
Theft problem solved.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.

the truth likes this post.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 841 posts

Postby Catsumi » Jul 27th, 2018, 3:38 pm

oldtrucker wrote:I like the old way of fixing a thief forever.
Public amputation of the right hand with a sword and the stump dipped in hot oil to cauterize the wound .
Theft problem solved.

And leave the Left hand free to do its evil work?

A compassionate, warm hearted SofBunny approach OT.

The ttongsul must be working. :smt045
Last edited by Catsumi on Jul 27th, 2018, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

Like a plague, JT must go!
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3471 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room