Random drug testing for welfare recipients

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Random drug testing for welfare recipients

Postby Jflem1983 » Aug 18th, 2018, 6:49 pm

To qualify for Social Assistance in the first place don't people have to attend certain workshops about job hunting and resume writing? A buddy of mine had to do this and complained about it but the extra classes and workshops helped him get a better job than he had before.[/quote]

This is true. I too went through this program. The career path it helped set me on lead to where I am today.[/quote]

Well that explains a lot. Thank you for clarifying. Did the welfare check come with free education ? Does it reflect on your current plitical views. How long were u stealing from the public purse getting free services.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

momma2a.sage likes this post.
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3272 posts

Postby Ka-El » Aug 18th, 2018, 7:32 pm

Jflem1983 wrote: See a full grown man does not need a government or a doctor for much

Just wait until you're a full grown man. :smt045

When you're 16 you will probably want to get your driver's license, borrow your father's car and drive it on government built roads. Getting your grade twelve diploma from a government built and funded high school would be a good next step - assuming you're not home skuuled (which could explain why you have mistaken Breitbart as a "news" source).
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” — Charles Darwin
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6043 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 19th, 2018, 9:15 am

Jflem1983 wrote:Well that explains a lot. Thank you for clarifying. Did the welfare check come with free education ? Does it reflect on your current plitical views. How long were u stealing from the public purse getting free services.

The personal insults were expected coming from you.

Like many others, I once found myself in a rough spot. I needed to support myself through high school after my foster care was abruptly ended. After high school, from working a chain of minimum wage jobs, I found myself in a rough spot, and applied for social assistance. I was on for a few months where they assisted with career training, and helping identify available opportunities in town that matched my skill set. In order tonqualify for social assistance I was required to attend these, and provide proof of job applications. Through their hep I was able to get into the IT field, which launched my career in a new direction which resulted in my income skyrocketing as I am now in a respectable and professional field of high importance, making exponentially more than I had been previously. The taxes the government now collects from me far outweigh the investment they put in to help get me on my feet. Now I put more into that public purse, that you and others reap the benefits from.

As for my political views, they have always followed the parties who accept science and logic. Reason, backed by evidence. Rather than policy driven by ideology.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

6 people like this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4446 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Aug 19th, 2018, 9:19 am

Foster kids got it tough. Guess you did what you had to do.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Postby Ka-El » Aug 19th, 2018, 11:07 am

Jflem1983 wrote: Well that explains a lot. Thank you for clarifying. Did the welfare check come with free education ? Does it reflect on your current plitical views. How long were u stealing from the public purse getting free services.

Did you want some salt and pepper with that foot?
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” — Charles Darwin
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6043 posts

Postby Bpeep » Aug 23rd, 2018, 10:57 pm

savvybusinessman wrote:
Uh no, your information is dead wrong. Check this month for example - the cheque issue date is the 22nd (21st for direct deposit) not the last Wednesday of the month which would be the 29th.

Just from quickly checking October is another month where cheques are issued on the 24th (23rd for direct deposit) and not the last Wednesday which would be the 31st. Other months follow the same pattern.

I think you mean the employed, and why exactly are they exempt from OD discussions? Probably because it's too hard to keep track of when working people are paid and it's much easier to blame all the ODs on those claiming SA so people can whine about welfare bums spending their tax dollars on drugs.

You appear to know a great deal about social assistance, disability payments, and the way freeloading people can suckle the taxpayer's teat.
I noticed that you mentioned you have family members who are/ were on SA, and I recall you mentioning that you are on disability.
I remember you mentioning that you were The Paper Boi and had a paper route, so I assume that your disability isn't a physical one, but a mental one.
Does the collection of SA and disability run generations deep in your family or do you have many family members who have gainful employment?
Do you intentionally max out your allowed earnings per month while on disability?
Is there really that large a number who feign being unable to work just to attempt to be on perpetual welfare?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive *bleep* excessively.

2 people like this post.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 10420 posts

Postby savvybusinessman » Aug 23rd, 2018, 11:10 pm

^I don't remember making any of the above claims.

Why do you think people are faking their way into SA payments? The effort involved could be used to make much more than the paltry 600-1000 a month.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Aug 25th, 2018, 8:06 am

savvybusinessman wrote:^I don't remember making any of the above claims.

Why do you think people are faking their way into SA payments? The effort involved could be used to make much more than the paltry 600-1000 a month.

If it is so little money. they will be ok going without. I see lots of jobs open pay about 1000 a month

Jflem1983
Guru

Postby savvybusinessman » Aug 27th, 2018, 7:41 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:If it is so little money. they will be ok going without. I see lots of jobs open pay about 1000 a month

There's additional support offered other than monetary payments. See Omnitheo's post.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Postby Jflem1983 » Aug 27th, 2018, 7:44 pm

So people go on welfare because it pays better than working. I think we found the problem

Jflem1983
Guru

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 27th, 2018, 8:31 pm

Not in the slightest. I would never go back to the quality of life I had while on social assistance
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

Jflem1983 likes this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4446 posts

Postby savvybusinessman » Aug 27th, 2018, 9:11 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:So people go on welfare because it pays better than working. I think we found the problem

This isn't what I meant at all. I meant people in bad situations might try to go on SA to access things like job coaches and additional support finding and maintaining a job. It's not alway solely about the small monetary payments.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Postby I'm Right You're Wrong » Jan 12th, 2019, 4:16 am

common_sense_guy wrote:There should be mandatory random drug testing for welfare recipients.

Over the years that has been tried in multiple States in the U.S. What they discovered was, surprisingly, the poor don't have a lot of money to spend frivolously on drugs. Go figure.

whatwhat likes this post.
I'm Right You're Wrong

Liked in: 1 post

Postby the truth » Jan 12th, 2019, 9:26 am

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/do ... 1&type=pdf a hit of meth will cost you only $10 so ya there welfare cheque will get them high
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6762 posts

Postby Bsuds » Jan 12th, 2019, 9:44 am

the truth wrote:http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.688.9654&rep=rep1&type=pdf a hit of meth will cost you only $10 so ya there welfare cheque will get them high

And how many "hits" a day does the average meth user take?
My Wife gives me very sound advice...99% sound and 1% advice!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 12120 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room