BC Liberals fail to impress

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: BC Liberals fail to impress

Postby Pete Podoski » Aug 9th, 2018, 9:26 am

flamingfingers wrote:A business gets the Union it deserves. (Or no union if they treat their employees fairly.)

You're trying to say that unions only exist where employee abuses occur?

That could explain why union membership is falling at a very rapid rate. That, and the fact that labour legislation has made any unionization completely irrelevant.
#LetHerSpeak

2 people like this post.
Pete Podoski
Board Meister

Liked in: 1439 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Aug 9th, 2018, 9:29 am

Pete Podoski wrote:
You're trying to say that unions only exist where employee abuses occur?

That could explain why union membership is falling at a very rapid rate. That, and the fact that labour legislation has made any unionization completely irrelevant.

yes, people are opting out of unions where they can. If the BCTF dinosaur were to finally be disbanded, BC teachers would be far better off going to a professional organization like lawyers and self-regulating. Think of the dues they would save that they could put into RRSP's and TFSA's rather than funneling money to the BCTF, a diseased morally bankrupt bunch of commie idiots. Unions are going the way of the do-do as they should, and it's only scum like our current government keeping them afloat due solely to gross and disgusting corruption. The NDP is just plain awful.
Justin Trudeau is a peanut-chucking snollygoster snowflake. But he has nice dimples. Remember, the hypocrisy of the Left knows no bounds.

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 20230 posts

Postby burnedatstake » Aug 9th, 2018, 7:11 pm

any dues i paid was money well spent. and i got a tax deduction. win win. and when i injured myself i had representation that was my advocate. making sure that my interests were also represented in meetings with the employer. that in and of itself was more than enough of a value for dues for me.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Übergod

Liked in: 446 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Aug 9th, 2018, 7:30 pm

far better off going to a professional organization like lawyers and self-regulating. Think of the dues they would save that they could put into RRSP's and TFSA's rather than funneling money to the BCTF

Lawyers, doctors, surgeons, accountants, dentists, chiropractors, physiotherapists, business owners who belong to ICBA, massage therapists, and on and on - you know, those who belong to 'professional associations' all pay fees to the 'Association" and often their "fees" are CONSIDERABLY more than any 'union dues'.

'Self-regulating'? Well, you can make a complaint to their Association and have it dealt with and if there is merit, the Association can disbar, fine or cancel their license to practice.
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.

burnedatstake likes this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6644 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Aug 11th, 2018, 6:05 pm

Good Grief!!

Norm Farrell, SD44 Board Candidate

@Norm_Farrell
3h3 hours ago
More
A June 2014 email from B.C. Lottery Corp:. Jin, the top “cash facilitator,” was “extremely active and has numerous people working for him.”

So, no, BC Liberals could not have known, unless they used their eyes or ears.

#bcpoli #Dirty Money

0 replies 3 retweets 5 likes
Reply Retweet 3 Like 5 Direct message
Show this thread

Norm Farrell, SD44 Board Candidate

@Norm_Farrell
3h3 hours ago
More
“Our main target at River Rock had been extremely active and has actually been on the property several times making deliveries of cash himself! ... Last week, Jin dropped two loads of a half million per...and a few smaller loads of 200-300 K each, so [Jin] is a busy boy.” #bcpoli
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Postby flamingfingers » Aug 14th, 2018, 6:18 pm

Kids at work - can be classed as 'Child Abuse':

Child labour laws

In 2003, the Liberals had a great idea of lowering the legal working age to 12 years old. On May 9, 2013, First Call released an eye-opening report on B.C.'s child labour laws, showing staggering statistics such as:

[/43 per cent of youth workers have reported injuries on the job, including a 12 year old who sustained burns all down the front of his body from battery acid.
A handful of children now on permanent disability
WorkSafe paying out1.1 million in disability claims to children
A high number of children dropping out of school due to work schedules.

Of course, Clark still stands behind the decision and says they are simply offering children "flexibility and choice." I guess when you "choose" to be born into poverty you can benefit from the "flexibility" of being able to work full time before you're even out of elementary school.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Postby burnedatstake » Aug 14th, 2018, 6:28 pm

https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/2018/08/12/stop-being-flippant-and-work-with-ndp-to-fight-money-laundering-weaver-tells-bc-liberals.html

“Honestly, I don’t know what the BC Liberals stand for anymore,” Weaver said. “I would have thought that they’d have put together an informed response that would have actually insured that we get to the bottom of this.”
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.

flamingfingers likes this post.
burnedatstake
Übergod

Postby burnedatstake » Aug 14th, 2018, 6:38 pm

https://www.voiceonline.com/andrew-wilkinsons-b-c-liberals-created-a-costly-mess-at-icbc-ndp/

B.C. Liberal MLA Todd Stone, who was the minister responsible for ICBC at the time, made it clear that Wilkinson bears significant responsibility for the B.C. Liberals’ bad choices at ICBC. At a B.C. Liberal leadership debate on November 19, 2017, Stone told Wilkinson: “I would remind you that you were sitting at the cabinet table with me for the last four and a half years, as we discussed ICBC many many times.”

flamingfingers likes this post.
burnedatstake
Übergod

Postby Urbane » Aug 14th, 2018, 6:44 pm

“Honestly, I don’t know what the BC Liberals stand for anymore,” Weaver said. “I would have thought that they’d have put together an informed response that would have actually insured that we get to the bottom of this.”

Well, we know what Weaver stands for. His principles allowed him to support the government when Horgan decided to go ahead with Site C. He was okay with Horgan breaking his promise and forcing taxpayers to help foot the bill for political parties too. Weaver used to be a great support of ride-sharing but is allowing the government to break its word on that as well.

And of course Weaver is thrilled that Horgan broke his promise on the electoral reform referendum. No, it won't be a straightforward question involving FPTP and one other option. Nope. Weaver knows that the fix is in and he's all in favour of it. So while Weaver claims that he doesn't know what the BC Liberals stand for we definitely knows what he stands for!
"Spectemur agendo"

2 people like this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 12644 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Aug 14th, 2018, 6:49 pm

The legacy of Christy Clark and the feebleness of the current BC Liberals under Wilkinson:

But she leaves a divided province facing multiple crises and a B.C. Liberal Party whose identity and principles are now difficult to discern after the last election and the fiasco that followed it.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Postby burnedatstake » Aug 14th, 2018, 6:53 pm

Urbane wrote:And of course Weaver is thrilled that Horgan broke his promise on the electoral reform referendum. No, it won't be a straightforward question involving FPTP and one other option. Nope. Weaver knows that the fix is in and he's all in favour of it. So while Weaver claims that he doesn't know what the BC Liberals stand for we definitely knows what he stands for!

shouldnt this rebuttal be in an ndp thread?
burnedatstake
Übergod

Postby Urbane » Aug 14th, 2018, 6:56 pm

^^ Flaming: Yes, a left-wing writer doesn't like the Liberals. Surprise! That same writer a few years ago suggested that the 2015 federal election might well be the Liberals' last election since the NDP had moved to the centre. Great political acumen!
[icon_lol2.gif]
"Spectemur agendo"

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby Urbane » Aug 14th, 2018, 6:58 pm

burnedatstake wrote:
    shouldnt this rebuttal be in an ndp thread?
No because Weaver was commenting on the Liberals and I'm pointing out that he needs to look in the mirror when complaining about those whose principles are hard to detect.
"Spectemur agendo"

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby flamingfingers » Aug 14th, 2018, 7:08 pm

This thread is not about Weaver or the NDP.

Kindly attempt to defend the indefensible actions of the BC Liberals during their 16-years of Deceit, Deflect and Delete, OK?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Postby Gone_Fishin » Aug 14th, 2018, 7:13 pm

flamingfingers wrote:The legacy of Christy Clark and the feebleness of the current BC Liberals under Wilkinson:

But she leaves a divided province facing multiple crises and a B.C. Liberal Party whose identity and principles are now difficult to discern after the last election and the fiasco that followed it.

A writer for the Broadbent Institute doesn't like Christy Clark? Wow, I'm SO shocked! I think you need some new material. Start with this and tell us why it was all Christy Clark's fault.

Real Per Capita GDP Growth 1992 - 2000

Nfld: 33.6%
SK: 27.3%
AB: 27%
ON: 24.2%
PQ: 22.3%
NB: 21.6%

PEI: 18.6%
MB: 17.5%
NS: 16.2%

BC: 5.3%

Source: Statistics Canada, Provincial Economic Accounts
Ecclesiastes 10:2 "A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left."
Get a high school drama teacher to run a country, and what do you get? High school drama.

2 people like this post.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4755 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room