Free speech only for left wingers

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby the truth » Aug 19th, 2018, 5:42 pm

[quoe="Omnitheo"]
averagejoe wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:White people suck anyways.



typical race baiter...



Typical whitey[/quote]


if anyone said the same thing you just did except used a different color to express the same thing you just did they would be banned from here, must be nice to get a pass --you are everything you so call hate about other people ---
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Jflem1983 likes this post.
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17637
Likes: 12628 posts
Liked in: 7304 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby Ka-El » Aug 19th, 2018, 6:18 pm

Ka-El wrote: Sarcasm has been described as the highest form of wit. I don't know if that is true,
but I do know it is lost on those without the wit to recognize it. :smt045

Also linked with intelligence ...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/life ... rchers-say

You can see why some people here have completely missed it.
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 7055
Likes: 3937 posts
Liked in: 6238 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby burnedatstake » Aug 19th, 2018, 9:19 pm

since i am a proud leftie i just wanna indulge my luxury of my 2 cents. which as the title suggests is all that matters. you crazy right wingers need to stop whining - on air and off. and the fence sitting centrists who try to present themselves as intellectual savants - when the real issue is an inability to make a decision until the last minute - should just give up and capitulate. face it. im all that matters. vive la NDP!
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Übergod
 
Posts: 1976
Likes: 855 posts
Liked in: 466 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby fvkasm2x » Aug 20th, 2018, 6:24 am

Glacier wrote:
Do you want 10 year olds subject to explicit sexualization or be exposed to Nazi propaganda?


Of course not, but that's going to happen regardless.

Racist families are going to teach their kids to hate. Insane liberals are currently giving their small children hormones because they think they're a different gender.

No children should be subjected to body altering drugs and mind altering dogmas.

burnedatstake wrote:since i am a proud leftie i just wanna indulge my luxury of my 2 cents. which as the title suggests is all that matters. you crazy right wingers need to stop whining - on air and off. and the fence sitting centrists who try to present themselves as intellectual savants - when the real issue is an inability to make a decision until the last minute - should just give up and capitulate. face it. im all that matters. vive la NDP!


The problem isn't making a decision, the problem is both the left and the right are insane and give us no viable options. Voting for *bleep* isn't much of a decision

Ka-El likes this post.
User avatar
fvkasm2x
Guru
 
Posts: 6932
Likes: 417 posts
Liked in: 1517 posts
Joined: Apr 1st, 2007, 3:06 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby Jflem1983 » Aug 20th, 2018, 6:33 am

Conservative voices are being from the internet. Oh well let the children think they run the world. They can not control the minds of good men
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

averagejoe likes this post.
User avatar
Jflem1983
Guru
 
Posts: 5785
Likes: 12256 posts
Liked in: 3272 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 11:38 am

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby Poindexter » Aug 20th, 2018, 7:27 am

The GOP controlled house committee figures free speech among government employees isn't allowed if that free speech isn't sycophantic praise of the dictator in charge. Peter Strzok has since been fired for his free speech.

Stephen Colbert did a hilarious job of pointing out the absurdity of the July 11th which hunt.


Omnitheo likes this post.
User avatar
Poindexter
Guru
 
Posts: 5948
Likes: 3962 posts
Liked in: 4535 posts
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 11:44 am

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby Verum » Aug 20th, 2018, 7:33 am

fvkasm2x wrote:
Glacier wrote:
Do you want 10 year olds subject to explicit sexualization or be exposed to Nazi propaganda?


Of course not, but that's going to happen regardless.

Yes, but thankfully our current efforts do at least tackle some of the problem of the likes of child porn.

Racist families are going to teach their kids to hate. Insane liberals are currently giving their small children hormones because they think they're a different gender.

No children should be subjected to body altering drugs and mind altering dogmas.

So no teaching religion or politically biased views then. Most parents will have a major problem with that.
As for body altering drugs, what about things required to keep a child healthy. Many drugs have long term effects, and are necessary for some to survive.

burnedatstake wrote:since i am a proud leftie i just wanna indulge my luxury of my 2 cents. which as the title suggests is all that matters. you crazy right wingers need to stop whining - on air and off. and the fence sitting centrists who try to present themselves as intellectual savants - when the real issue is an inability to make a decision until the last minute - should just give up and capitulate. face it. im all that matters. vive la NDP!


The problem isn't making a decision, the problem is both the left and the right are insane and give us no viable options. Voting for *bleep* isn't much of a decision

If you don't find any common ground, if you don't think that there are any sensible politicians in the mainstream, then maybe it's not that "the left and right are insane and give us no viable options".

Sorry, but your argument has lots of holes and really doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
User avatar
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2109
Likes: 1158 posts
Liked in: 1582 posts
Joined: Oct 6th, 2017, 12:31 am

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby fvkasm2x » Aug 20th, 2018, 7:58 am

Verum wrote:If you don't find any common ground, if you don't think that there are any sensible politicians in the mainstream, then maybe it's not that "the left and right are insane and give us no viable options".

Sorry, but your argument has lots of holes and really doesn't stand up to scrutiny.


That's alright. You don't make any sense half the time, so I'm not really concerned with your scrutiny.

The fact that you find "holes" in the notion of limited viable options is proof of that.

In America they were pigeon holed into Trump or Clinton. Two absolutely garbage choices. Sure, you could vote for someone else... but why bother? One of those 2 were going to win. Lose-lose. No common ground to be found, voting for one of those two.

And in Canada, it's likely a 2 horse race as well. I doubt Jagdeep has a shot, so are you trying to tell me that voters have a wide array of options?

Politics across the world almost always boils down to 2 or 3 choices. If you don't like either... please tell me where the common ground is. Jill Stein and Jagdeep Singh? lol
User avatar
fvkasm2x
Guru
 
Posts: 6932
Likes: 417 posts
Liked in: 1517 posts
Joined: Apr 1st, 2007, 3:06 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby Glacier » Aug 20th, 2018, 9:12 am

Proportional representation would fix that problem. And I'm not advocating for it, but that's definitely one reason to support it. You'd have more voices to choose from who would actually get elected. Of course, the down side is you get more voices to choose from who would get elected. Just look at the people running for mayor in Toronto. There are two actual Neo-Nazis running for mayor, one of whom was deported from the US for killing black man and the other guy is a rapist. And then there's Faith Goldy who is an ethnonationalist, fired by Ezra Levant for being too extreme. Under proportional representation, you get people like this elected.
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29366
Likes: 4512 posts
Liked in: 12003 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby fvkasm2x » Aug 20th, 2018, 9:41 am

Glacier wrote:Proportional representation would fix that problem. And I'm not advocating for it, but that's definitely one reason to support it. You'd have more voices to choose from who would actually get elected. Of course, the down side is you get more voices to choose from who would get elected. Just look at the people running for mayor in Toronto. There are two actual Neo-Nazis running for mayor, one of whom was deported from the US for killing black man and the other guy is a rapist. And then there's Faith Goldy who is an ethnonationalist, fired by Ezra Levant for being too extreme. Under proportional representation, you get people like this elected.


I don't even think we need more choices, just more bipartisanship.

Why can't we have a leader who is for better education, respects cops/soldiers, is pro gay marriage, pro women's rights, strong on immigration, wants to help the elderly/homeless, etc....

Someone who crosses the entire spectrum and not fits into a little bubble that each party is "supposed" to cater to.

When someone from another party puts forward a bill or even states anything positive, BACK THEM publicly. Don't just start the outrage party to get people worked up. Why is it always left vs right? Why can't more people be in the center? I think more people fit there than we realize
User avatar
fvkasm2x
Guru
 
Posts: 6932
Likes: 417 posts
Liked in: 1517 posts
Joined: Apr 1st, 2007, 3:06 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby Glacier » Aug 20th, 2018, 9:52 am

Donald Trump is a centrist so you'd love him. All the more right-wing types like those at the National Review (the most popular right-wing magazine in the US) totally denounced him to such a degree that they parted ways with the one guy who worked there who supported him. And of course, the left-wing hates him too.

And then you have the likes of Scott Adams who is left of centre and millions like him who suddenly found a centrist candidate he could support after decades of not voting. And thus Trump won the centre.

EDIT: I know what you mean though when it comes to left-wing intolerance. It does seem to be more pervasive on the left than the right these days. Even many on the left are saying this.
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29366
Likes: 4512 posts
Liked in: 12003 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby miss_sterious » Aug 20th, 2018, 7:16 pm

I think that whoever started this post needs to check their privilege. If you are a cisgendered white male, you are not allowed to speak. If you are a minority, you are allowed to speak, but only if it is a statement that:
a) further segregates yourself as a minority
B) proclaims that the world is stacked against you, and you are only safe under the left’s leadership
c) reinforces the concept of privileged and non privileged people and the need to bring down one group to level the playing field
d) paints a traditional moralastic world view as backwards
E) encourages people to mutilate young children’s bodies under the guise of tolerance and progressiveness
F) values doing what feels right over human life

Catsumi likes this post.
miss_sterious
Fledgling
 
Posts: 197
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 119 posts
Joined: Jun 30th, 2010, 4:32 pm

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby savvybusinessman » Aug 20th, 2018, 8:14 pm

miss_sterious wrote:If you are a cisgendered white male, you are not allowed to speak.


Pfft, nearly every time some white heterosexual male claims he's not allowed to speak it's because he said or wants to say something profoundly bigoted against homosexuals or a certain race. The comments are shamed because they're so idiotic and disrespectful, and then the person whines endlessly about not having free speech.

2 people like this post.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister
 
Posts: 486
Likes: 108 posts
Liked in: 258 posts
Joined: Mar 13th, 2014, 1:08 pm

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby miss_sterious » Aug 21st, 2018, 8:20 am

savvybusinessman wrote:
miss_sterious wrote:If you are a cisgendered white male, you are not allowed to speak.


Pfft, nearly every time some white heterosexual male claims he's not allowed to speak it's because he said or wants to say something profoundly bigoted against homosexuals or a certain race. The comments are shamed because they're so idiotic and disrespectful, and then the person whines endlessly about not having free speech.


Your comment will be accepted here, because it is in keeping with B, C and D. Good work little Liberal. Now go back to indoctrinating yourself with CNN like a good little minion!
miss_sterious
Fledgling
 
Posts: 197
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 119 posts
Joined: Jun 30th, 2010, 4:32 pm

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby Poindexter » Aug 21st, 2018, 8:56 am

miss_sterious wrote:
savvybusinessman wrote:Pfft, nearly every time some white heterosexual male claims he's not allowed to speak it's because he said or wants to say something profoundly bigoted against homosexuals or a certain race. The comments are shamed because they're so idiotic and disrespectful, and then the person whines endlessly about not having free speech.


Your comment will be accepted here, because it is in keeping with B, C and D. Good work little Liberal. Now go back to indoctrinating yourself with CNN like a good little minion!


Think we have a new contestant for Castanet's "Hubris Award". Some tough competition but think you have a good chance Miss, best of luck. :up:

Omnitheo likes this post.
User avatar
Poindexter
Guru
 
Posts: 5948
Likes: 3962 posts
Liked in: 4535 posts
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 11:44 am

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest