Free speech only for left wingers

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Free speech only for left wingers

Postby savvybusinessman » Aug 21st, 2018, 8:57 am

miss_sterious wrote:Your comment will be accepted here, because it is in keeping with B, C and D.

Explain how. My comment is common sense - people can say whatever they want but if it's bigoted and hurtful there will most likely be repercussions.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby Verum » Aug 21st, 2018, 6:24 pm

fvkasm2x wrote:
Verum wrote:If you don't find any common ground, if you don't think that there are any sensible politicians in the mainstream, then maybe it's not that "the left and right are insane and give us no viable options".

Sorry, but your argument has lots of holes and really doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

That's alright. You don't make any sense half the time, so I'm not really concerned with your scrutiny.

If there is something I can explain to you, please let me know and I'll try to help you understand. Or was the above an insult because you don't agree with me? That would be ironic.
The fact that you find "holes" in the notion of limited viable options makes no sense.

Of course there are problems with limited options, but the left and right are not insane as you claimed. They are quite sane, attempting to get the World they think they want.
In America they were pigeon holed into Trump or Clinton. Two absolutely garbage choices. Sure, you could vote for someone else... but why bother? One of those 2 were going to win. Lose-lose. No common ground to be found, voting for one of those two.

And in Canada, it's likely a 2 horse race as well. I doubt Jagdeep has a shot, so are you trying to tell me that voters have a wide array of options?

Politics across the world almost always boils down to 2 or 3 choices. If you don't like either... please tell me where the common ground is. Jill Stein and Jagdeep Singh? lol

I didn't say that every choice you get is a good one but rather that "if you don't think that there are any sensible politicians in the mainstream"... Your moving of the goal posts is simply dishonest.
Verum
Übergod

Liked in: 1451 posts

Postby csm » Dec 7th, 2018, 3:37 pm

Jmfva wrote:Image

Hmmm - from my understanding - the "1st Amendment" is under the American Constitution! Maybe I slept through it, but I'm pretty sure Canada does not fall under the US Constitution yet!
Apathy = the Death of Freedom - be accountable or be a slave!
csm
Board Meister

Liked in: 386 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 7th, 2018, 5:30 pm

csm wrote: Hmmm - from my understanding - the "1st Amendment" is under the American Constitution! Maybe I slept through it, but I'm pretty sure Canada does not fall under the US Constitution yet!

The cartoon simply makes a not very difficult point to understand, about freedom of speech and choice, etc, and about how having that freedom does not absolve you from the consequences of whatever choices you make. It is basically telling people to suck it up and take responsibility for themselves. Maybe you slept through that part.
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” — Charles Darwin
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6043 posts

Previous

Return to Bickering Room