Take Responsibility

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Take Responsibility

Postby cjw » Aug 14th, 2018, 12:46 pm

So, an ADULT Lost a finger on a "corkscrew" waterslide because they didn't have the common sense to remove jewelry.
You want someone else to have to tell you this may be the thing to do?? Jeez, VERY unfortunate that this happened, but when are people in this society going to start taking responsibility for themselves and not expecting the rest of the world to look after them or fix it for them??
Are we doomed as a human race?
How can we expect the next generation to survive if our (adult) body parts are being involuntarily removed because someone didn't tell us we should be aware of all the potential dangers on a ride with the name "corkscrew" in it?
BTW - don't eat peanuts if you have a peanut allergy, it's dangerous.....

2 people like this post.
cjw

Liked in: 2 posts

Re: Take Responsibility

Postby GordonH » Aug 15th, 2018, 2:27 am

cjw wrote:So, an ADULT Lost a finger on a "corkscrew" waterslide because they didn't have the common sense to remove jewelry.
You want someone else to have to tell you this may be the thing to do?? Jeez, VERY unfortunate that this happened, but when are people in this society going to start taking responsibility for themselves and not expecting the rest of the world to look after them or fix it for them??
Are we doomed as a human race?
How can we expect the next generation to survive if our (adult) body parts are being involuntarily removed because someone didn't tell us we should be aware of all the potential dangers on a ride with the name "corkscrew" in it?
BTW - don't eat peanuts if you have a peanut allergy, it's dangerous.....

In some aspects the human race is smarter than ever, unfortunately in other aspects we have become as dumb as a lump of coal. Hence a complete lack of basic common sense. Yep it's not so common anymore.
This individual lost a finger, learn from it and move on... proof of not learning is to lose another finger in similar fashion.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

2 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8112 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby soupy » Aug 15th, 2018, 7:16 am

No one takes responsibility anymore.

I'm shocked we haven't seen or heard of this woman's GoFundME page to raise money for a funeral for her lost finger yet.
soupy
Board Meister

Liked in: 570 posts

Postby LTD » Aug 15th, 2018, 7:23 am

man that had to hurt cant even imagine how much tearing the skin and meat right off the bone would hurt, now in all fairness how many of you take off say a wedding ring if you were going down a water slide or any slide. I dont wear one at all but dont imagine I would take it off to go down a water slide this sounds like a lawsuit in the making tho

2 people like this post.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3258 posts

Postby 2manyfords » Aug 15th, 2018, 8:00 am

It's been years since i've been there. I'm pretty sure it is the same as going skiing....once you pay for the ticket, the host is absolved from liability. In other words, read all the fineprint, and decline purchase if you don't agree.
Why must everything be bubble wrapped, when common sense goes a long way....

BTW, it must have been quite the rock on that ring!
2manyfords
Fledgling

Liked in: 175 posts

Postby soupy » Aug 15th, 2018, 8:02 am

LTD wrote:man that had to hurt cant even imagine how much tearing the skin and meat right off the bone would hurt, now in all fairness how many of you take off say a wedding ring if you were going down a water slide or any slide. I dont wear one at all but dont imagine I would take it off to go down a water slide this sounds like a lawsuit in the making tho

Hopefully there won't be a lawsuit.

Rings are dangerous ! Ask Jimmy Fallon of the tonight show. His ring finger was degloved falling and catching it on his kitchen counter.
soupy
Board Meister

Liked in: 570 posts

Postby TreeGuy » Aug 15th, 2018, 8:06 am

LTD wrote:man that had to hurt cant even imagine how much tearing the skin and meat right off the bone would hurt, now in all fairness how many of you take off say a wedding ring if you were going down a water slide or any slide. I dont wear one at all but dont imagine I would take it off to go down a water slide this sounds like a lawsuit in the making tho

I would have taken mine off worried that it might slip off in the water.
TreeGuy

Liked in: 3196 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Aug 15th, 2018, 8:15 am

She should have kept her arms crossed across her chest. Likewise everyone should keep their legs crossed at the ankles when going down one of those things. Just think about how a water bomber reloads....
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

2manyfords likes this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3818 posts

Postby 2manyfords » Aug 15th, 2018, 8:18 am

alanjh595 wrote:She should have kept her arms crossed across her chest. Likewise everyone should keep their legs crossed at the ankles when going down one of those things. Just think about how a water bomber reloads....

LOL...the good 'ol "20 mile an hour" enema.....
2manyfords
Fledgling

Postby LANDM » Aug 15th, 2018, 8:27 am

2manyfords wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:She should have kept her arms crossed across her chest. Likewise everyone should keep their legs crossed at the ankles when going down one of those things. Just think about how a water bomber reloads....

LOL...the good 'ol "20 mile an hour" enema.....

Or, in her case, the 20 mph döuche.

Oh great, now that SNL clip with the Vagisil "ads" interspersed with the sports announcer has become an ear worm. Pete Twinkle and Greg Stink....."A little SHOUT-OUT to our sponsor! Vagisil! When you get a surprise, between your thighs -- Vagisil!"

2 people like this post.
LANDM
Guru

Liked in: 3654 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Aug 15th, 2018, 8:32 am

Just imagine the water conditions in the outflow pool ? That would be like swimming in a bidet ?
alanjh595
Guru

Postby 2manyfords » Aug 15th, 2018, 8:35 am

LOL...the good 'ol "20 mile an hour" enema.....[/quote]
Or, in her case, the 20 mph döuche.

Oh great, now that SNL clip with the Vagisil "ads" interspersed with the sports announcer has become an ear worm. Pete Twinkle and Greg Stink....."A little SHOUT-OUT to our sponsor! Vagisil! When you get a surprise, between your thighs -- Vagisil!"[/quote]

Both are one of the many reasons that I don't like waterslides that "drain" into a common pool......or pretty much any public pool for that matter.....
2manyfords
Fledgling

Postby alanjh595 » Aug 15th, 2018, 8:46 am

2manyfords wrote:Both are one of the many reasons that I don't like waterslides that "drain" into a common pool......or pretty much any public pool for that matter.....

Just like the swim-up bars at the Mexican resorts.
OR

2 people like this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Postby LTD » Aug 15th, 2018, 9:14 am

2manyfords wrote:It's been years since i've been there. I'm pretty sure it is the same as going skiing....once you pay for the ticket, the host is absolved from liability. In other words, read all the fineprint, and decline purchase if you don't agree.
Why must everything be bubble wrapped, when common sense goes a long way....

BTW, it must have been quite the rock on that ring!

ticket and fine print mean nothing they still get sued
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3258 posts

Postby 2manyfords » Aug 15th, 2018, 9:39 am

^^^

Of course they can still be sued. A lawyer/client will try anything to get paid an out of court settlement. Fact is, proving there was negligence on part of the waterpark is unlikely. (hence the fine print) You certainly can't sue a ski resort for broken bones because you ski'ed past your skill level.

How much fine print do people actually read when agreeing to anything?

ETA... according to CTV Edmonton, that slide was shut down pretty much the second the incident happened. So the staff was "on the ball".

It was an unfortunate accident, but certainly not worthy of a long drawn out litigation process...

alanjh595 likes this post.
2manyfords
Fledgling

Next

Return to Bickering Room