Why do CBC and other canadian news do this?

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Why do CBC and other canadian news do this?

Postby goldpot501 » Aug 26th, 2018, 9:39 am

I find it strange that our so called Canadian News agencies always begin the *news* with the events in foreign country that is south of the border. Case in point: yesterday the CBC and others began with the report of passing a warmonger senator or some such. The guy was all for bombing the hell out of iran, syria and iraq. And yesterday he was hailed as *peace loving* gentlemen.
Poor fella has been shoot down while killing north Vietnamese, napalm bombs are nasty stuff .

It seems that the news we get is Firstly from the neighboring foreign country. Lets have more Canadian content and keep the foreign stuff for the last.
goldpot501

Liked in: 7 posts

Re: Why do CBC and other canadian news do this?

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 26th, 2018, 9:58 am

Didn’t you know that News companies can report on multiple things? Senator McCain was a pretty big name, with a past presidential bid and a recent bill named after him (not to mention the childish feud Trump had with him). He’s been in the news quite a bit lately and his passing was a big news item, so no harm in reporting on him.

I wouldn’t say he was a great person, and I criticized him quite a bit on the forums during his presidential bid. He did some impressive things too though and I feel it’s worth examining his life and impacts for better and for worse.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4155 posts

Return to Bickering Room