Psychiatrist calls today's left 'mentally ill'

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Postby averagejoe » Aug 27th, 2018, 11:56 pm

Interesting read....I can see his point.

I think I'll order his book!

'Liberal Mind' author's extensive study explains 'Psychological Causes of Political Madness'

With the American left, the Democratic Party and the establishment news media displaying ever-more bizarre symptoms of Trump Derangement Syndrome, here comes a veteran psychiatrist making the case that the mental-emotional world of leftists really is tantamount to a mental disorder.

“Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded,” says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the acclaimed book, “The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness.” “Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”

While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to “the vast right-wing conspiracy.”

For decades he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says today’s liberalism, as displayed by the likes of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton throughout the previous administration, as well as by today’s Democratic Party leaders and they increasingly hysterical “mainstream media,” can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;
satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;
augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.

Read more...

https://www.wnd.com/2018/08/veteran-psy ... Pkco1iV.99
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.

OKkayak likes this post.
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2743 posts

Re: Psychiatrist calls today's left 'mentally ill'

Postby Jmfva » Aug 28th, 2018, 8:20 am

Sounds like he is going to make a lot of money from sheeple like you [icon_lol2.gif]

this is a classic topic for both sides, nothing new.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/evolutionary-entertainment/201206/conservatism-mental-illness

Trumps mental health disorders.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/1/5/16770060/trump-mental-health-psychiatrist-25th-amendment

This one is interesting, it explains why conservatives are so sensitive and full of fear. really shows who the snowflakes are.

https://www.businessinsider.com/liberals-and-conservatives-process-disgust-and-empathy-differently-2018-1

4 people like this post.
Jmfva
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 802 posts

Postby JagXKR » Aug 28th, 2018, 9:33 am

And there is the left wing tolerance rearing it's ugly head again. But with a smiling laughing emoji, nice touch. [icon_lol2.gif]

I guess it's just about that time for another deranged left wing mob to yell and scream about something. Get your signs, drums and blow horns at the ready so you can hatefully march against hate. :135:

Thankfully this medical doctor (not activist) has shown that the left are suffering from a mental disorder. In today's world the term is mental disorder but in my day we just called them bat :cuss: nuts. But it does not matter if this author is a doctor with amazing credentials, this does not compute in the mind of the left. They, after all, are our great protectors from all evil. And they will be coming to a street near you soon to yell, scream and beat drums to let you know they are staying vigilant in their madness.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

averagejoe likes this post.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1337 posts

Postby Verum » Aug 28th, 2018, 10:00 am

How do you find these biased and suspect sources?
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/world-net-daily-wnd/
Anyway, if this was a peer reviewed and critiqued paper in a respectable journal, I might lend it some credence, but a single psychiatrist cashing in on the political partisanship of the day, no thanks, not interested.

4 people like this post.
Verum
Übergod

Liked in: 1448 posts

Postby averagejoe » Aug 28th, 2018, 10:02 am

Just wait for the DTS to set in today.... :D

If everyone has been watching on how the left tries and derails almost every discussion on Castanet.

This book I'm sure would explain why they do this.

Just say'in! :smt045
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby floppi » Aug 28th, 2018, 10:04 am

Verum wrote:

How do you find these biased and suspect sources?
Anyway, if this was a peer reviewed and critiqued paper in a respectable journal, I might lend it some credence, but a single psychiatrist cashing in on the political partisanship of the day, no thanks, not interested.

Oh WND is a biased right wing website? Who would ever thunk that? :biggrin:
floppi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 801 posts

Postby averagejoe » Aug 28th, 2018, 10:06 am

Verum wrote:How do you find these biased and suspect sources?

And how do you find these biased and very suspect sources?

My source is a about a book written by a Psychiatrist calling the Left mentally ill.....yours? :D
Last edited by averagejoe on Aug 28th, 2018, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby averagejoe » Aug 28th, 2018, 10:07 am

floppi wrote:Oh WND is a biased right wing website? Who would ever thunk that? :biggrin:

Here comes the derailing....

This is about A book about Left being mentally ill.

:topic:

averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Verum » Aug 28th, 2018, 10:08 am

averagejoe wrote:Just wait for the DTS to set in today.... :D

If everyone has been watching on how the left tries and derails almost every discussion on Castanet.

This book I'm sure would explain why they do this.

Just say'in! :smt045

Give me a good reason to trust the book, otherwise you're pushing what could just be the inane rantings of an imbecile. Show me where the psychiatric community are getting behind this book. Anything good and trustworthy and not just another known biased and factually suspect site. I don't think that's too much to ask.

2 people like this post.
Verum
Übergod

Postby averagejoe » Aug 28th, 2018, 10:10 am

Verum wrote:
Give me a good reason to trust the book, otherwise you're pushing what could just be the inane rantings of an imbecile. Show me where the psychiatric community are getting behind this book. Anything good and trustworthy and not just another known biased and factually suspect site. I don't think that's too much to ask.

This is about the book not about sources....typical leftist derailing tactic.

averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Verum » Aug 28th, 2018, 10:12 am

averagejoe wrote:
Verum wrote:How do you find these biased and suspect sources?

And how do you find these biased and very suspect sources?

My source is a about a book written by a Psychiatrist calling the Left mentally ill.....yours? :D

So you have a single psychiatrist saying something and you trust it, but ignore all the others who say anything which doesn't agree with your opinion. Sounds smart to me /s

Also, I'm happy for you to use any of the respected fact checking sites, I just find mediabiasfactcheck.com to be about the least biased in favour of my views, so I use it to check my own bias. Something I suspect you don't care to do that often.
Verum
Übergod

Postby Verum » Aug 28th, 2018, 10:13 am

averagejoe wrote:
Verum wrote:

This is about the book not about sources....typical leftist derailing tactic.

A book making claims must be supported either by peer review or facts. That's unless you are suggesting that it is a work of fiction, which I guess it could be. That would make sense.

Jmfva likes this post.
Verum
Übergod

Postby RupertBear » Aug 28th, 2018, 10:32 am

Sounds a lot like a right-wing quack trying to make a few bucks off the rest of the right -- those who want their beliefs reinforced, rather than making an effort to find the truth.
More soothing sounds for the right-wing echo-chamber.

4 people like this post.
RupertBear
Board Meister

Liked in: 708 posts

Postby averagejoe » Aug 28th, 2018, 10:33 am

Verum wrote:A book making claims must be supported either by peer review or facts. That's unless you are suggesting that it is a work of fiction, which I guess it could be. That would make sense.

You'd have to agree that some of your fellow travelers have major problems trying to keep a discussion on track.

A lot of posters on Castanet are realizing how often left leaning posters try and disrupt many a thread here on Castanet.

That would be deemed some kind of disorder? :135:

It happens more than you think...

averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby JagXKR » Aug 28th, 2018, 10:34 am

Here they are the left whining about a book by a psychiatrist with REAL world experience.

For decades he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

But it does not matter who what when where why for the left. If it goes against their dogma they derail and attack. The book seems to be not only on the right track but actually dead on accurate.
The mentally ill usually do not know they are ill. Even when they are told by a doctor. A doctor with exceptional credentials .
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

averagejoe likes this post.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1337 posts

Next

Return to Bickering Room