Hollywood. Hurtin

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Hollywood. Hurtin

Postby The Green Barbarian » Oct 15th, 2018, 3:39 pm

JLives wrote:
Are you a masochist?

Are you a masochist?

Not sure why you're watching so many of these shows you hate.

Not sure how you got that out of my post. I thought Roger and Me was actually pretty cool. I realize that it was a liberal take on things, but I liked the message. Back in the good old days of 1989 when liberals were still liberals, and hadn't morphed into the hate-consumed politically correct alt-left echo chamber dwelling zombies we see today.

Kinda weird dude.

Not really.
How do you destroy a political party? Elect a part-time drama teacher as your leader because of his last name.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18516 posts

Postby savvybusinessman » Oct 15th, 2018, 9:45 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:Then go and read the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. It seems that Moore is mining a vein already mined by many others, so it's just more of the same boring "Trump sucks!" stuff that people are getting tired of hearing. What they want to hear now is "so give us something else to vote for" and so far, the Dumbocrats aren't doing that.

There are tons of positive reviews on RT that state the movie is much more cerebral than saying, "Trump sucks." It's a really good movie, maybe you should watch it.

normaM likes this post.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Oct 16th, 2018, 6:16 am

savvybusinessman wrote:
There are tons of positive reviews on RT that state the movie is much more cerebral than saying, "Trump sucks." It's a really good movie, maybe you should watch it.

I probably will watch it as I've watched most of his "movies", and they are great for drinking games.
How do you destroy a political party? Elect a part-time drama teacher as your leader because of his last name.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Ka-El » Oct 16th, 2018, 6:22 am

The Green Barbarian wrote: ..., and they are great for drinking games.

That's 'cause everything you hear outside of your echo chamber is a "lie" and apparently you like to drink. :smt045
The ability to suspend judgment and change your mind when warranted is a distinguishing feature of critical thought
– apparently not recognizable to those who don’t have the ability.

"I don't know who dimples is, I don't know what this means"
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5730 posts

Postby JLives » Oct 16th, 2018, 7:45 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:Not sure how you got that out of my post. I thought Roger and Me was actually pretty cool. I realize that it was a liberal take on things, but I liked the message. Back in the good old days of 1989 when liberals were still liberals, and hadn't morphed into the hate-consumed politically correct alt-left echo chamber dwelling zombies we see today.

Well you seem so certain that all these shows just show Trump all the time so clearly the only way to determine that is by watching them. I do actually watch those shows and know that they actually cover a wide variety of topics, in depth and factually accurate. It turns out their segments can be funny and true at the same time. Go figure. John Oliver especially is known for his deep dives into topics that receive little coverage elsewhere and has won several Emmys for it. If you actually watched those shows, you would know these things. But you are obviously just pulling your opinion out of your butt again.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5983 posts

Postby rustled » Oct 16th, 2018, 8:10 am

He did watch them. Clearly. How do you keep missing that? And where do you come up with anyone suggesting they are all about Trump all the time? Weird.

It's interesting to me that you find Moore's stuff "in depth and factually accurate".

Opinions and butts. Everyone has 'em.

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
rustled
Guru

Liked in: 7424 posts

Postby Jlabute » Oct 16th, 2018, 8:13 am

Micheal Moore's movies have been in decline since 2002. His latest movie Fahrenheit 11/9 was a total flop. Generally, Hollywood critics usually score any SJW or left sided movie way above viewers. Hollywood has been divisive for a long time but now blatantly divisive to a point where it hurts their bottom line. Even the latest Star Wars movies have been criticized by viewers for driving feminism and being too SJW. Probably why a few Disney directors were fired recently. Disney announced the removal of Colin Trevorrow as director of “Star Wars: Episode IX.” The news comes just over two months after Phil Lord and Chris Miller were canned for Solo. Ron Howard the man will be directing the latest Episode IX seeing gay feminists can't do it as well. Lately, there's been a strong disturbance in the Franchise. Hollywood is in financial turmoil and China is helping to bail it out. As Hollywood gets closer to bankruptcy, they seem to believe their biggest problem is diversity. So, good luck to them.
Justin Trudeau? NO! Trust in Judo!
Jlabute
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1368 posts

Postby fvkasm2x » Oct 16th, 2018, 8:29 am

JLives wrote:
Are you a masochist? Not sure why you're watching so many of these shows you hate. Kinda weird dude.

A lot of websites and other outlets use clips of those shows to prove a point or start a discussion table regarding the clip and/or views of those shows.

You don't need to watch any of the actual shows. See below for example:

You can follow The Daily Wire (Ben Shapiro) and still see what leftist website Vox has to say

https://www.dailywire.com/news/37156/le ... nk-berrien
fvkasm2x
Guru

Liked in: 1423 posts

Postby Gilchy » Oct 16th, 2018, 8:52 am

Yes, Star Wars, a movie series that has been about the overthrowing of autocratic, evil fascist empires since the 1970s, is now ruined because it is "too SJW". The movie series that literally created and focuses on warrior wizard monks whose sole purpose is to defend life and fight "the dark side" (the abovementioned fascist evil empire) has always been SJW, it's just a small bunch of misogynists who don't like the fact the saviour is now a female who are making all this noise.

Nowhere in this thread has there been any actual reference to any source that states that Hollywood is hurting...
Gilchy
Übergod

Liked in: 581 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Oct 16th, 2018, 9:33 am

Ka-El wrote:That's 'cause everything you hear outside of your echo chamber is a "lie"

No, everything that comes out of your alt-left echo chamber seems to be a "lie". If you guys could tell the truth, I'd be shocked. It's all about keeping those confirmation biases firmly intact and losing elections with you guys.

and apparently you like to drink. :smt045

And your point is??

The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby The Green Barbarian » Oct 16th, 2018, 9:34 am

JLives wrote:
Well you seem so certain that all these shows just show Trump all the time

As usual, you just spout nonsensical lies. Roger and Me shows Trump all the time? You...can't...be...that...stupid.

But you are obviously just pulling your opinion out of your butt again.

I really don't want to know where you pull your opinion from, but it's not from a source of knowledge or insight, that's for sure.

The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Jlabute » Oct 16th, 2018, 10:00 am

Justin Trudeau? NO! Trust in Judo!
Jlabute
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1368 posts

Postby savvybusinessman » Oct 16th, 2018, 10:02 am

rustled wrote:And where do you come up with anyone suggesting they are all about Trump all the time? Weird.

Reading....

The Green Barbarian wrote:I see enough of his face on every talk show and on loser alt-left shows like Samantha Bee, Trevor Noah and John Oliver. All they ever do is talk about Trump. All the time.

JLives likes this post.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby JLives » Oct 16th, 2018, 10:18 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:As usual, you just spout nonsensical lies. Roger and Me shows Trump all the time? You...can't...be...that...stupid.

You're obfuscating again. This quote is what I responded to. It's right there on page 1.

The Green Barbarian wrote:I agree on that one. I see enough of his face on every talk show and on loser alt-left shows like Samantha Bee, Trevor Noah and John Oliver. All they ever do is talk about Trump. All the time. I get that they are playing to their base, and their base wants to hear "Trump sucks" 24 hours a day, but it also keeps Trump at the fore-front of the news. I don't know how a Democrat candidate is supposed to compete with that free media firehouse.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5983 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Oct 16th, 2018, 11:09 am

JLives wrote:
You're obfuscating again. This quote is what I responded to. It's right there on page 1.

and so are you. Whenever they show promos for John the Commie Oliver, Trevor Hugo Chavez Noah or Samantha Stalin Bee they are always always blathering on about Trump. Always. I get it, they want to suck in leftist mush-heads. And when I do tune in to these shows, they are almost ALWAYS talking about Trump. But not all of Michael Moore's movies are about Trump. It seemed that that was what you were talking about, and if so, that's a new level of stupid for you, and the bar was already pretty low.

The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room