Hollywood. Hurtin

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Hollywood. Hurtin

Postby Gilchy » Oct 16th, 2018, 11:11 am

Jlabute wrote:There is no shortage of opinion that Hollywood is hurting. China is also pulling back support.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-movie-business-is-in-big-trouble-2017-3

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/01/why-hollywood-as-we-know-it-is-already-over

Both of those articles detail how "Hollywood", or large theatre releases, are hurting, as technological changes have modified the media landscape. Netflix, HBO, etc, have created alternatives to the traditional moviegoing experience.

This is a major issue for the industry. Excess SJWism is not.
Gilchy
Übergod

Liked in: 581 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Oct 16th, 2018, 11:32 am

I have predicted for years that Hollywood is going to die with the advent of Computer Generated Graphics.
They have progressed so much, so fast, that actors will no longer be needed.
With some of the game graphics that we have today, it is sometimes hard to tell the difference between real actors and computer images.

The next generation of Hollywood stars will be computer programmers and will never be seen on the red carpet.
The real stars will be international and not in Hollywood.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3819 posts

Postby Jlabute » Oct 16th, 2018, 11:35 am

No, those are just a Hollywood is over take. But Hollywood wants to do well with that they do make... saying that, Star Wars for example has had a lot of negative feedback and poor turn out at recent movies. Enough to fire directors and hand episode 9 to Ron Howard. Many Star Wars fans want some episodes redone. Disney admits to the SJW agenda. Over-all, the SJW agenda is bringing attendance down. SJW made Solo a bomb. Oceans 8 was not that good, the feminist Ghostbusters was a bomb, Annihilation got Annihilated, etc. Movies that probably would have done a lot better if some director didn't focus on diversity swung all the way to the left.
Justin Trudeau? NO! Trust in Judo!

Jflem1983 likes this post.
Jlabute
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1373 posts

Postby savvybusinessman » Oct 16th, 2018, 12:09 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:Whenever they show promos for John the Commie Oliver, Trevor Hugo Chavez Noah or Samantha Stalin Bee they are always always blathering on about Trump. Always.

Wrong. The last promo I saw for John Oliver was about WWE and Saudi Arabia. All one has to do is google these figures to see video promos that have nothing to do with Trump.

Stop bringing your "everyone is a communist" BS into every thread. It makes you look mentally challenged which I'm starting to think you might truly be.

RupertBear likes this post.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby Gilchy » Oct 16th, 2018, 12:24 pm

Jlabute wrote:No, those are just a Hollywood is over take. But Hollywood wants to do well with that they do make... saying that, Star Wars for example has had a lot of negative feedback and poor turn out at recent movies. Enough to fire directors and hand episode 9 to Ron Howard. Many Star Wars fans want some episodes redone. Disney admits to the SJW agenda. Over-all, the SJW agenda is bringing attendance down. SJW made Solo a bomb. Oceans 8 was not that good, the feminist Ghostbusters was a bomb, Annihilation got Annihilated, etc. Movies that probably would have done a lot better if some director didn't focus on diversity swung all the way to the left.

ORLY?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/2/17927696/star-wars-the-last-jedi-russian-trolls-bots-study

Bay examined a corpus of messages tweeted at Rian Johnson between December 13th, 2017, and July 20th, 2018 — a total of 967 tweets — ran a sentiment analysis (using a tweet’s language to characterize it as positive, negative, or neutral) on them, segmented the results by account, and then analyzed the Twitter accounts themselves. “Overall,” Bay concludes, “50.9% of those tweeting negatively was likely politically motivated or not even human.” (Bay also found that most fans aren’t so dissatisfied with The Last Jedi that they’re going to boycott any new Star Wars films.)

Bay notes in his abstract that the negative tweets were probably sent to get media coverage of the fandom conflict, which, in his words, was meant to “further propagat[e] a narrative of widespread discord and dysfunction in American society.” Persuading voters of that, he notes, is a goal of both the alt-right and the Russian Federation.
Gilchy
Übergod

Liked in: 581 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Oct 16th, 2018, 1:44 pm

savvybusinessman wrote:
Wrong. The last promo I saw for John Oliver was about WWE and Saudi Arabia. .

Awesome. Who cares?
How do you destroy a political party? Elect a part-time drama teacher as your leader because of his last name.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

alanjh595 likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18561 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Oct 16th, 2018, 2:06 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
savvybusinessman wrote:

Awesome. Who cares?

I don't.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3819 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Oct 16th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Jlabute wrote:No, those are just a Hollywood is over take. But Hollywood wants to do well with that they do make... saying that, Star Wars for example has had a lot of negative feedback and poor turn out at recent movies. Enough to fire directors and hand episode 9 to Ron Howard. Many Star Wars fans want some episodes redone. Disney admits to the SJW agenda. Over-all, the SJW agenda is bringing attendance down. SJW made Solo a bomb. Oceans 8 was not that good, the feminist Ghostbusters was a bomb, Annihilation got Annihilated, etc. Movies that probably would have done a lot better if some director didn't focus on diversity swung all the way to the left.

Oh god, so many inaccuracies.

Episode 9 is directed by JJ Abrams not Ron Howard. Episode 8 meanwhile which had “a lot of negative feedback” is the top selling blu ray of 2018. Solo, which you claim to be a bomb made 400 million with the budget of 275 million. What part of Solo do you claim to be affected by “SJW”?
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

2 people like this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4203 posts

Postby savvybusinessman » Oct 17th, 2018, 10:52 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:
savvybusinessman wrote:

Awesome. Who cares?

You? You have 2 rants in this thread that a plethora of comedy shows (and their promos) are all about Trump all the time. Always. If you just want to voice your incorrect opinion then go start an alt-right extremist blog.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Postby savvybusinessman » Oct 17th, 2018, 10:54 am

Omnitheo wrote:Oh god, so many inaccuracies.

Episode 9 is directed by JJ Abrams not Ron Howard. Episode 8 meanwhile which had “a lot of negative feedback” is the top selling blu ray of 2018. Solo, which you claim to be a bomb made 400 million with the budget of 275 million. What part of Solo do you claim to be affected by “SJW”?

Plus the guy who directed Ep 8 wasn't exactly fired as someone said, he's directing an entirely new Star Wars trilogy so obviously 8 did something right.

Omnitheo likes this post.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Postby Jflem1983 » Oct 18th, 2018, 5:01 am

Solo was a flop. Made 200 million. Spent likely triple that .

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2018

As you can see. A few movies are still smashing the box office. However most are trending down.

If Hollywood did not have such a hate on for working class people. I might care more. As it is today. These clowns are the enemy. Pushing disgusting leftist agendas. Stirring dissent in youth.

What happened to positive role models. What happened to American heros. Time to wake up Hollywood. Make movies people want to see. Not movies about gay freaks. Not movies aboit transgendered mutants.

Another thing. How many sequels can the world handle. I can not remember ever seeing a good sequel. Godfather 2 maybe ?

Yes Hollywood is hurtin. Its a great thing.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3270 posts

Postby LANDM » Oct 18th, 2018, 6:25 am

Jflem1983 wrote:
If Hollywood did not have such a hate on for working class people. I might care more. As it is today. These clowns are the enemy. Pushing disgusting leftist agendas. Stirring dissent in youth.

What happened to positive role models. What happened to American heros. Time to wake up Hollywood. Make movies people want to see. Not movies about gay freaks. Not movies aboit transgendered mutants.

Another thing. How many sequels can the world handle. I can not remember ever seeing a good sequel. Godfather 2 maybe ?

Yes Hollywood is hurtin. Its a great thing.

I see you are still mad about liking Brokeback Mountain.....until someone told you that it was more than a good old western, about working class people.
LANDM
Guru

Liked in: 3662 posts

Postby Fancy » Oct 18th, 2018, 6:26 am

Jflem1983 wrote: I can not remember ever seeing a good sequel. Godfather 2 maybe ?

Really? I can think of a few. Aliens tops my list. Terminator 2 and Mad Max 2 a couple of others.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

2 people like this post.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 6714 posts

Previous

Return to Bickering Room