Explosives Targeting Dems

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Explosives Targeting Dems

Postby Vacancyrate » Oct 29th, 2018, 1:07 pm

Jonrox wrote:It's just interesting how both the left and right attempt to spin EVERYTHING. Nobody cares about right and wrong anymore or being held accountable for their actions and words... they only care about making the other side look bad.

...because they both can't win on a PLATFORM basis.

Trump won because he said "You all are broke, ticked off and I get it - and I'll try to fix it". He was lying, yet he was believable because nobody would believe a Hillary/Obama/Bush type if they said it because after 30+ years of being lied to the public finally wised up.

In 2016 the Democrats were saying "Everything is great Amercia doesn't need to be made great again - it is great!". Meanwhile the entire Rustbelt is on foodstamps and the only winners in the economy are people with 2 degrees, financial guru's or IT billionaire professionals in California.

The Democrats have nothing to offer except "Trump Hate" and the Republicans are still flying by the "It sucks to be poor so stick with us and we'll make you rich" mantra.

As Ralph Nader / Thomas Frank pointed out - The Democrats could easily win if they adopted the 3rd party platform and went back to representing the working class. They couldnt landslide-victory a reality TV star. They have no intention of changing or giving up their billionaire buddies, so here we are.
Vacancyrate
Übergod

Liked in: 836 posts

Postby Poindexter » Oct 29th, 2018, 2:01 pm

:topic:

Bomb squads are still restricting access of postal buildings while they search for more devices because allegedly, the Trump phanatic wasn't done with 14.

Mr Sayoc had a list of more than 100 people that he intended to send suspicious packages containing explosive devices, authorities said.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.indepen ... html%3famp

Sickening that someone would think they're justified in putting all these innocent postal workers lives at risk because of some twisted form of ideological entitlement.
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 4534 posts

Postby Jonrox » Oct 29th, 2018, 2:05 pm

The US is basically just screwed at the moment.

Trump lies constantly, while at the same time telling everyone not to believe the media lies. His leadership-style suggests lying is ok and is the way to get things done. The left-leaning media then outlines his lies, but by doing so just plays right into his agenda.

Then there's the left that's so full of people having a constant pity party, that they can't offer anything constructive. They can attack Trump's character all they want, but they're the only ones listening. Trumps supporters don't care about his character.

They know he lies. They know he's not a great, upstanding guy. They know he slept with strippers and Playboy models while married with a newborn. But he offers them hope that things can be better. He tuned in to the want for change and hope in a somewhat similar way to what Obama appealed to with Democrats when he won. It doesn't matter how badly the left paints him... conservatives just don't care.

So the left's frustration builds and builds and they act out. Then a lunatic on the right sees the threats he thinks the left is posing to his life becoming great again and he acts out. Almost nobody on either side is acting or thinking rationally and I don't see a way out of this spiral right now.
Last edited by Jonrox on Oct 29th, 2018, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vacancyrate likes this post.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2324 posts

Postby Jonrox » Oct 29th, 2018, 2:07 pm

This is the beauty of something ending up in the Bickering Room... this:
doesn't apply here!! For anyone who wants to see how off topic things can get once a thread is relegated to the Bickering Room, check out the housing thread.

Queen K likes this post.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2324 posts

Postby Poindexter » Oct 29th, 2018, 2:32 pm

Jonrox wrote:This is the beauty of something ending up in the Bickering Room... this:
doesn't apply here!! For anyone who wants to see how off topic things can get once a thread is relegated to the Bickering Room, check out the housing thread.

Apologies, didnt realize it had been moved.
Poindexter
Guru

Postby Verum » Oct 29th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Vacancyrate wrote:For everyone that wants to blame Trump for the staggering political hatred in the US today it’s worth asking why the same thing is happening across Europe and many developing economies.

Trump is a symptom, not the cause.

Certainly he is a symptom of a very large problem, but at the same time he is another problem too. As with many illnesses, often it's the symptom which will kill you.
Neoliberalism has failed. The system is rigged.

What do you propose?
Without a real solution on the left, you get what you get.

It's arguable that the US doesn't really have proper mainstream left-wing politics. It has somewhat socially progressive politicians, but that's about it, no social democratic party, no labour party, etc. I guess a few generations of demonising the "reds" stunted public political discourse.
With Trump gone, CNN is still going to suck, the system will still be rigged (moreso), the Democrats will still be owned by billionaires and working class people will be told that their failures are their own fault because they didn't become rocket engineers.

Of course the system is "rigged", but what do you do? Tell people that they could never have amounted to anything much, because that is the reality for so many people, without a massive shift in how things are done of course.
Verum
Übergod

Liked in: 1452 posts

Postby cuba108 » Oct 29th, 2018, 8:12 pm

:off topic:
doesn't apply here!! For anyone who wants to see how off topic things can get once a thread is relegated to the Bickering Room, check out the housing thread.[/quote]

Just depends who you are, two people can say the same thing, one gets away with it, the other flagged. Been there , done that.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
cuba108
Fledgling

Liked in: 89 posts

Postby Queen K » Oct 29th, 2018, 8:27 pm

Does it not depend on how it's said?

:135:
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 14321 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Oct 29th, 2018, 8:35 pm

So we are in agreement. This is a fake news event of little concern. Nobody would mail fake bombs to people who do not open their own mail. Or drive that prop van around
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3272 posts

Postby Queen K » Oct 29th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Who is in agreement?

I never agreed to this conspiracy theory. Don't look at me.
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.

Verum likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 14321 posts

Postby Poindexter » Oct 29th, 2018, 10:58 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:This is a fake news event of little concern. Nobody would mail fake bombs to people who do not open their own mail. Or drive that prop van around

You do realize that continually repeating something stupid doesn't make it less stupid right?

4 people like this post.
Poindexter
Guru

Postby fvkasm2x » Oct 30th, 2018, 7:58 am

Poindexter wrote: No false flag, no Democrat conspiracy, just you being wrong and hopefully the realization that logic and reasoning simply arent in your wheelhouse. A solid plan going forward would be to turn away from Fox news and Twitter, and maybe put on the cooking channel, perhaps you'll have better luck there. :up:

I don't follow Fox news. I follow BBC, Reuters, Global (because there's not much to choose from in terms of Canadian outlets), CNN and AP. Sometimes Al Jazeera. Although admittedly, CNN just to see how insane the world is going.

I can't be wrong on this topic, because I always withhold judgement until all the facts are in... unless something is verifiable.
Saying he had mental issues and a criminal record before Trump was elected is fact. Doesn't mean he isn't currently a Trump supporter or that he was emboldened because of Trump. Simply means what I said: He's a nut with a history of violence. Sorry you can't understand that.

Your insults regarding reasoning and logic would cut to the core, if you were actually someone whose opinion I cared about. I constantly play devil's advocate and float many ideas across multiple topics. You're a broken record. Stones, glass houses and all that in terms of logic and reasoning my friend.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Liked in: 1463 posts

Postby averagejoe » Oct 30th, 2018, 8:49 am

Well, well....such strange things happening these days.

What are the chances...

PLOT TWIST: ‘Mail Bomb’ Suspect Cesar Sayoc and Stormy Daniels Worked at the Same Strip Club

Mail bombing suspect Cesar Sayoc worked as a DJ at Ultra Gentleman's Club in West Palm Beach, Fla., the same strip club where Trump accuser Stormy Daniels performed in April.

WPTV spoke to Ultra manager Stacey Saccal who confirmed that Sayoc worked as a DJ Thursday afternoon, the day before he was arrested in Plantation. She said Sayoc had worked there for two months as a DJ and doorman.

Saccal said there had been no complaints about Sayoc from other employees prior to his arrest Friday.

https://www.10news.com/news/national/ce ... a-thursday

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm ... be-in-town
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.

averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2766 posts

Postby Verum » Oct 30th, 2018, 9:44 am

averagejoe wrote:Well, well....such strange things happening these days.

What are the chances...

PLOT TWIST: ‘Mail Bomb’ Suspect Cesar Sayoc and Stormy Daniels Worked at the Same Strip Club

Mail bombing suspect Cesar Sayoc worked as a DJ at Ultra Gentleman's Club in West Palm Beach, Fla., the same strip club where Trump accuser Stormy Daniels performed in April.

WPTV spoke to Ultra manager Stacey Saccal who confirmed that Sayoc worked as a DJ Thursday afternoon, the day before he was arrested in Plantation. She said Sayoc had worked there for two months as a DJ and doorman.

Saccal said there had been no complaints about Sayoc from other employees prior to his arrest Friday.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm ... be-in-town

This is why guilt by association, especially somewhat distant association, is just not a thing. You're just grasping at straws.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation

Queen K likes this post.
Verum
Übergod

Liked in: 1452 posts

Postby averagejoe » Oct 30th, 2018, 10:04 am

Not grasping for straws...just you are. :130:

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.

averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2766 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room