Explosives Targeting Dems

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Explosives Targeting Dems

Postby Ranger66 » Oct 30th, 2018, 10:59 am

"What are the chances...

PLOT TWIST: ‘Mail Bomb’ Suspect Cesar Sayoc and Stormy Daniels Worked at the Same Strip Club"

100%
To cool to live, to smart to die
Ranger66
Übergod

Liked in: 388 posts

Postby fvkasm2x » Oct 30th, 2018, 12:54 pm

averagejoe wrote:Not grasping for straws...just you are. :130:

https://www.10news.com/news/national/ce ... a-thursday

I'm more impressed with the Black Velvet in the background. My mom loved Alannah Myles lol
fvkasm2x
Guru

Liked in: 1423 posts

Postby Jonrox » Oct 30th, 2018, 7:50 pm

After watching videos and interviews of people who attend Trump rallies, I have to say they really don’t come across as being smart. I know a lot of these folks voted for Trump because he promised to improve their lives, but I really get the feeling that their lives suck because they’re ignorant dummies.

It’s not a problem any president can actually fix, but Trump was smart enough to trick them into thinking he could.

4 people like this post.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2226 posts

Postby Poindexter » Oct 30th, 2018, 8:35 pm

fvkasm2x wrote:
 I constantly play devil's advocate and float many ideas across multiple topics

Well OK then, knowing that the positions you choose to defend, such as when you claimed these bombs were a false flag, aren't because you believe them certainly explains why they can often defy logic.

Even though claiming you choose to play the devil's advocate may seem like a cop out to most for you often looking irrational, I'll accept your excuse that you simply argue for the sake of arguement at face value. Thanks for your honesty. :up:

fvkasm2x likes this post.
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 4534 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Oct 31st, 2018, 3:45 am

Still no motive for any of this. Still no actual evidence . Just the Trump mobile. A very strange accused person. A lot of talking heads on TV. Now CNN is trying to blame Trump. I guess they do blame him for everything else .

Can anyone name a reason besides to build sympathy. That anyone would send fake bombs to people who do not open their own mail.

Are there many gay Trump supporters. I thought Pence kinda kept those folks out of the Trump whutehouse. I mean look at his trying to roll back mutants in the military.

This whole episode appears to be exactly that. A skit.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3268 posts

Postby Ka-El » Oct 31st, 2018, 6:41 am

Jonrox wrote:After watching videos and interviews of people who attend Trump rallies, I have to say they really don’t come across as being smart. I know a lot of these folks voted for Trump because he promised to improve their lives, but I really get the feeling that their lives suck because they’re ignorant dummies. It’s not a problem any president can actually fix, but Trump was smart enough to trick them into thinking he could.

Given some of the ongoing efforts to continue supporting and/or making excuses for the imbecilic Trump goof this idea actually makes a lot of sense. The research has consistently shown that those with left-wing views collectively tend to be more intelligent than those with right-wing views (yes, you can google that), and this bomb maker is a Trump poster child.
The ability to suspend judgment and change your mind when warranted is a distinguishing feature of critical thought
– apparently not recognizable to those who don’t have the ability.

"I don't know who dimples is, I don't know what this means"
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5697 posts

Postby Glacier » Oct 31st, 2018, 7:16 am

Partisan politics is out of hand. The Trump supporters cannot seem to admit that this dude was a Trump supporter. The narrative that Trump supporters = good; Trump detractors = evil is not accurate. You have good people and bad people all over the place.

The lefty types opposed to Trump are also as silly about their rhetoric blaming Trump for the Jewish shooter (even though he didn't even like Trump precisely because Trump isn't antisemitic), so there's plenty of partisan politicking to go around.

So, yes, this was a lunatic Trump supporter. Saying otherwise is just political wishful thinking.
“There's no point in you betraying your future self to gratify your present self. It's a stupid game.”
~Jordan B. Peterson

2 people like this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 10758 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Oct 31st, 2018, 9:57 am

Trump is to blame for fostering the atmosphere of hatred.

For 8 years previously, there was a president who denounced hatred, racism, intolerance.

Along comes trump and right from the get-go he is insulting people and people groups. He has not stopped since. When someone does something wrong, he downplays it be claiming that there are people doing bad things all over and refuses to denounce the specific actions.

He has emboldened people to overtly demonstrate their intolerance.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

RupertBear likes this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4155 posts

Postby fvkasm2x » Oct 31st, 2018, 10:33 am

Poindexter wrote:
Well OK then, knowing that the positions you choose to defend, such as when you claimed these bombs were a false flag, aren't because you believe them certainly explains why they can often defy logic.

Even though claiming you choose to play the devil's advocate may seem like a cop out to most for you often looking irrational, I'll accept your excuse that you simply argue for the sake of arguement at face value. Thanks for your honesty. :up:

No worries. I didn't claim it was a false flag, I said it was possible. Before we had any information at all, people were immediately saying it was right wing terrorism.

I replied with a counter theory, because at the time... all we had was theories.

fvkasm2x wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:Someone tried to mail bomb George Soros.

Just your typical right wing terrorism.

Also just like the left to do this in order to garner outrage and influence elections, knowing full well that these packages wouldn't be opened by the "right" people.

I posted this theory because, as I said...

There are just so many questions about how odd this thing is:

1) The "bombs" appear to be very rudimentary and not even dangerous at all (according to some "experts") which means it's likely more about fear and outrage, than it is harm. So from this question, it looks like the person is an imbecile.

2) The packages were never sent through the mail, yet have postage on them?

3) They all arrived at roughly the same time, which indicates either multiple people in multiple states... or some pretty great planning by someone to coordinate delivery. So that doesn't jive with point #1 with the guy being dumb.

4) The people targeted aren't even in any positions of power for the most part. They're all either has beens or figure heads of the Democratic party. An actor as well. Why target them and not REAL threats in the left?

It simply seemed too stupid to be done seriously. The only logical conclusions were that it was a fake hoax to spurn anger, or that the suspect was either completely insane or the dumbest person on the planet. As of now, it appears he is one of the latter options.

A guy with a criminal history leaves his fingerprints and/or DNA on the envelope?
Lives in a huge anti-democrat stickered van?

Just seems so obliviously stupid, it's like a cartoon.

TreeGuy likes this post.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Postby Glacier » Oct 31st, 2018, 11:01 am

Omnitheo wrote:Trump is to blame for fostering the atmosphere of hatred.

For 8 years previously, there was a president who denounced hatred, racism, intolerance.

Along comes trump and right from the get-go he is insulting people and people groups. He has not stopped since. When someone does something wrong, he downplays it be claiming that there are people doing bad things all over and refuses to denounce the specific actions.

So by insulting women, etc., he was responsible for someone shooting up a church in Sutherland, TX and a synagogue in Pittsburgh, PA? Seems like a really big leap in logic, especially for someone who likes to use logic.
“There's no point in you betraying your future self to gratify your present self. It's a stupid game.”
~Jordan B. Peterson
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 10758 posts

Postby Verum » Oct 31st, 2018, 11:06 am

Glacier wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:Trump is to blame for fostering the atmosphere of hatred.

So by insulting women, etc., he was responsible for someone shooting up a church in Sutherland, TX and a synagogue in Pittsburgh, PA? Seems like a really big leap in logic, especially for someone who likes to use logic.

Except that some of his supporters have made that very claim when they plotted to bomb a mosque:
https://globalnews.ca/news/4613669/kansas-mosque-bombing-plot-trump/
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Übergod

Liked in: 1350 posts

Postby fvkasm2x » Oct 31st, 2018, 12:24 pm

Verum wrote:Except that some of his supporters have made that very claim when they plotted to bomb a mosque:

Ya, but that's just stupid.

I hate the guy and he has no business in the White House... but he's never said anything remotely close to bombing mosques and shooting Jews.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Postby Verum » Oct 31st, 2018, 6:36 pm

fvkasm2x wrote:
Verum wrote:Except that some of his supporters have made that very claim when they plotted to bomb a mosque:

Ya, but that's just stupid.

I hate the guy and he has no business in the White House... but he's never said anything remotely close to bombing mosques and shooting Jews.

Trump's rhetoric is not solely or even primarily to blame, but there is a good reason that he attracts certain kinds of people, including those who are violent, believe in conspiracy theories and are angry and ignorant. His words are interpreted by them to excuse violence (which he often embraces verbally or such) and to paint groups as enemies of the people (boy does he love to do this), and we all know what you do to your enemy. It's not too far a leap to the actions of some of his supporters, especially when you realise that there are plenty of slightly unhinged people out there. He has got to know that such was the likely outcome of his rhetoric, but honestly, I don't think he cares, so long as he keeps "winning". The only alternative is that he is either incredibly naive or stupid, or both (by the standards one expects of a president).

ETA: I expect to see him increase the violence and scaremongering rhetoric as he starts to lose his grip on power. He won't go down without a fight and I honestly think that people will be hurt as a result of his ego and desire to remain president at all costs.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply

2 people like this post.
Verum
Übergod

Liked in: 1350 posts

Postby Ka-El » Nov 1st, 2018, 6:21 am

white men are ‘the biggest terror threat in this country'

<snip>

… some research has shown that over the past decade, there have been almost twice as many terrorist incidents carried out on U.S. soil by right-wing extremists — most of whom are white — than by Islamic extremists. A 2017 report from the Nation Institute’s Investigative Fund and the Center for Investigative Reporting’s Reveal found that from 2008 to 2016, there were 115 incidents involving right-wing extremists and that those that ended in death were more deadly than incidents that were carried out by other groups. A study from the New America Foundation showed similar findings.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/cnn ... &ocid=iehp
The ability to suspend judgment and change your mind when warranted is a distinguishing feature of critical thought
– apparently not recognizable to those who don’t have the ability.

"I don't know who dimples is, I don't know what this means"
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5697 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Nov 1st, 2018, 6:24 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 1st, 2018, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3268 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room