Hey! Let's fight about Trump!

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Hey! Let's fight about Trump!

Postby jamapple » Nov 30th, 2018, 6:40 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:

He probably did screw some people in Atlantic City, as that project was a big bust. But his Trump hotels do very well and the Trump family did a lot of work to build their brand. Not sure how well that brand is going to do now, after this presidency thing.

Here is just one link. There are many. Sad.

https://www.quora.com/Are-there-any-doc ... h-evidence
jamapple
Übergod

Liked in: 1267 posts

Postby fvkasm2x » Nov 30th, 2018, 8:49 pm

Queen K wrote::popcorn: I wonder how many Repubicans regret their vote for Trump? A quarter? Half of them? More than that?

https://www.facebook.com/IRegretVotingForTrump/

Not that many at all.

Because as terrible as he is and as embarrassing as he is, people still hate Hillary.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Liked in: 1423 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Dec 1st, 2018, 9:56 am

Far fewer hate Hillary than trump though. As evident by the votes in the presidential election and the recent midterms
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4181 posts

Postby RupertBear » Dec 1st, 2018, 4:59 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Far fewer hate Hillary than trump though. As evident by the votes in the presidential election and the recent midterms

I think it was a case of “the devil you know (Clinton) vs. the devil you don’t know (Trump)”. The U.S. elected the devil they didn’t know, and now they’re banging their collective heads against the wall.
RupertBear
Board Meister

Liked in: 635 posts

Postby fvkasm2x » Dec 1st, 2018, 6:59 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Far fewer hate Hillary than trump though. As evident by the votes in the presidential election and the recent midterms

Perhaps.

It's hard to tell with elections.

There are countless people who voted for her just because she was a woman, not because they liked her.

There are countless people who voted for Trudeau just because of his last name, or because he was good looking.

There were countless people who voted for Trump just because he wasn't a career politician.

People vote for some very very strange reasons, so going only by vote totals doesn't necessarily tell the story of love/hate.

HoboJo likes this post.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Liked in: 1423 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 18th, 2018, 2:11 pm

Blind creature that buries head in sand named after Donald Trump

A newly discovered blind and burrowing amphibian is to be officially named Dermophis donaldtrumpi, in recognition of the US president’s climate change denial.

The name was chosen by the boss of EnviroBuild, a sustainable building materials company, who paid $25,000 (£19,800) at an auction for the right. The small legless creature was found in Panama and EnviroBuild’s Aidan Bell said its ability to bury its head in the ground matched Donald Trump’s approach to global warming.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/bli ... &ocid=iehp
The ability to suspend judgment and change your mind when warranted is a distinguishing feature of critical thought
– apparently not recognizable to those who don’t have the ability.

"I don't know who dimples is, I don't know what this means"

2 people like this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5730 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 28th, 2018, 8:53 am

Trump threatens to close border, terminate trade deals, cut aid unless wall is funded

President Trump warned Friday that if Democrats do not agree to his demands to fund a wall on the southern border, he will “close the Southern border entirely” and cut aid to Central American countries -- while pulling back on trade with Mexico.
“We will be forced to close the Southern Border entirely if the Obstructionist Democrats do not give us the money to finish the Wall & also change the ridiculous immigration laws that our Country is saddled with,” he tweeted Friday morning. “Hard to believe there was a Congress & President who would approve!”

The tweetstorm comes amid the partial government shutdown that will soon enter its second week. It began last Saturday after Republicans and Democrats were unable to come to a deal on a funding package that would keep the government open and fund Trump’s promised border wall. Trump has demanded $5 billion for the barrier, but Democrats have refused, instead offering $1.3 billion for general border security.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolit ... &ocid=iehp

The Art of the Deal – circa: grade two (“I’m taking my ball and going home”)

Five billion dollars to build a wall to keep out the violent rapists and drug dealers from Mexico who account for 0.04% of all violent crime in America. Five Billion dollars. Imagine the impact on violent crime if that money was spent on education, family services and mental health and addiction. A billion dollars here, a billion dollars there – pretty soon we’re talking real money
The ability to suspend judgment and change your mind when warranted is a distinguishing feature of critical thought
– apparently not recognizable to those who don’t have the ability.

"I don't know who dimples is, I don't know what this means"
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5730 posts

Previous

Return to Bickering Room