Prison time for Trump?

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Prison time for Trump?

Postby tarabryan77 » Dec 11th, 2018, 11:32 am

Ka-El wrote:
floppi wrote: Wouldn't that be something? An American ex President behind bars :biggrin:

Indeed, and never one more deserving :smt045


I'm curious...what are the Facts that indicate trump deserves prison? Not rhetoric please, just facts, and common sense please. In the present climate of politics, crooked is the new straight and narrow. Has trump commited murder of rape or some other heinous crime that warrants prison?

LolaB likes this post.
tarabryan77
 
Posts: 2
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Dec 15th, 2015, 10:49 am

Re: Prison time for Trump?

Postby Ka-El » Dec 11th, 2018, 11:40 am

Collusion, election-tampering, obstruction of justice – these are all felonies and Trump’s underlings are already being thrown under the bus. It would take a very special kind of stupid to believe Trump was not an active participant in these crimes.

Trump Organization served with subpoenas for business records

Subpoenas have been served on the Trump Organization and a dozen linked entities in a lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump's ongoing business ties while in office.

The office of District of Columbia Attorney General Karl Racine said Wednesday that it "can confirm that all of the Trump Organization entities have been served." Additionally, subpoenas are being served to the state of Maine, the attorney general's office said.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolit ... &ocid=iehp
Prosecutors Say Trump Directed Illegal Payments During Campaign

Federal prosecutors said on Friday that President Trump directed illegal payments to ward off a potential sex scandal that threatened his chances of winning the White House in 2016, putting the weight of the Justice Department behind accusations previously made by his former lawyer.

The lawyer, Michael D. Cohen, had said that as the election neared, Mr. Trump directed payments to two women who claimed they had affairs with Mr. Trump. But in a new memo arguing for a prison term for Mr. Cohen, prosecutors in Manhattan said he “acted in coordination and at the direction of” an unnamed individual, clearly referring to Mr. Trump.

In another filing, prosecutors for the special counsel investigating Russia’s 2016 election interference said an unnamed Russian offered Mr. Cohen “government level” synergy between Russia and Mr. Trump’s campaign in November 2015. That was months earlier than other approaches detailed in indictments secured by prosecutors.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolit ... &ocid=iehp
Schiff: Trump may face ‘real prospect of jail time’

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) on Sunday said that President Trump might "face the real prospect of jail time" after prosecutors indicated last week that he directed illegal payments during his 2016 presidential campaign.

"There's a very real prospect that on the day Donald Trump leaves office, the Justice Department may indict him. That he may be the first president in quite some time to face the real prospect of jail time," he said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

Schiff's comments come after federal prosecutors said in a legal filing Friday that referred to Trump as "Individual-1" that Trump during the 2016 campaign directed his former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, to make illegal payments to two women claiming they had affairs with Trump. It was the first time prosecutors made those accusations against Trump.

Schiff, who is likely to be the next chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, added that the next president may have to determine whether to pardon Trump."We have been discussing the issue of pardons the president may offer to people or dangle in front of people," Schiff said. "The bigger pardon question may come down the road, as the next president has to determine whether to pardon Donald Trump."

"I think the prosecutors in New York make a powerful case against that idea," he added. "All the arguments they make against Michael Cohen ... that argument was equally made with respect to Individual-1, the president of the United States."

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolit ... &ocid=iehp
You know our educational system is failing us when we have posters who
think liberals are “far left”, and conservatives are “kind of in the middle”

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 7340
Likes: 4163 posts
Liked in: 6485 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Prison time for Trump?

Postby Ka-El » Dec 11th, 2018, 12:29 pm

Trump has been implicated in several federal crimes, but here’s why experts say he hasn’t faced legal consequences

• Federal prosecutors implicated Trump in felony crimes for the first time last week, stating he directed illegal payments to two women he allegedly had affairs with in an effort to protect his presidential campaign.
According to legal experts, perhaps the only reason Trump has not been charged with a crime is the fact he is president.
• Trump has shifted from denying any knowledge of the payments Cohen made to characterizing them as a "private transaction," rejecting the notion he did anything illegal.

Since special counsel Robert Mueller began investigating Russian election interference and the Trump campaign's alleged collusion, President Donald Trump has vehemently rejected the notion he did anything remotely illegal in relation to the 2016 election.

But federal prosecutors implicated Trump in felony crimes for the first time last week, stating he directed illegal payments to two women with whom he allegedly had affairs in an effort to protect his presidential campaign.

A sentencing memorandum released by prosecutors for the Southern District of New York on Friday said the president's former personal lawyer Michael Cohen made the illicit payments "in coordination with and at the direction" of Trump.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-tru ... be-2018-12

“According to legal experts, perhaps the only reason Trump has not been charged with a crime is the fact he is president”. That will all change in 2012 (unless he is impeached sooner than that) and I would not be surprised to see authorities waiting with warrants – unless, of course, Trump actually pulls off the resigning ten minutes before his term expires thing so Pence can pardon him before the Democrats retake the White House - one last slap in the face of American democracy.
You know our educational system is failing us when we have posters who
think liberals are “far left”, and conservatives are “kind of in the middle”
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 7340
Likes: 4163 posts
Liked in: 6485 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Prison time for Trump?

Postby LolaB » Dec 11th, 2018, 5:29 pm

Ka-El wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote: in its truthiness...

Says the snowflake who can't tell the difference between conservatism, liberalism, socialism or communism [icon_lol2.gif]

LolaB wrote: I won't bother to reply to any nonsense created by under informed and over spoken person [icon_lol2.gif]

So you're not going to respond to any of GB's posts? Looking at twobits signature line, that's what most of us try to do :smt045


... highly educated in politics and history and have up close and personal experience with an actual socialism/communism... None of you, meaning absolutely no one, not even famous politicians, writers, teachers, media... who did not experience a totalitarian society/socialist/communist dictatorship would not be able to come anywhere near an idea what it really means.

Your political "guessing" doesn't amuse me because the education in world politics or a history of human race in Canada is pretty lame actually near non-existent compare to Europe. I am assuming that you will keep contributing more nonsense so I suggest you just back off and mind your own business. I am not asking you about your opinions because the fact is that the president of USA is here to stay and also remember he is NOT your president. Concentrate on what is happening with Trudeau's politics right under your nose.
LolaB
 
Posts: 58
Likes: 49 posts
Liked in: 83 posts
Joined: Jul 24th, 2014, 11:38 pm

Re: Prison time for Trump?

Postby LolaB » Dec 11th, 2018, 5:37 pm

Ka-El wrote:Collusion, election-tampering, obstruction of justice – these are all felonies and Trump’s underlings are already being thrown under the bus. It would take a very special kind of stupid to believe Trump was not an active participant in these crimes.

Trump Organization served with subpoenas for business records

Subpoenas have been served on the Trump Organization and a dozen linked entities in a lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump's ongoing business ties while in office.

The office of District of Columbia Attorney General Karl Racine said Wednesday that it "can confirm that all of the Trump Organization entities have been served." Additionally, subpoenas are being served to the state of Maine, the attorney general's office said.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolit ... &ocid=iehp
Prosecutors Say Trump Directed Illegal Payments During Campaign

Federal prosecutors said on Friday that President Trump directed illegal payments to ward off a potential sex scandal that threatened his chances of winning the White House in 2016, putting the weight of the Justice Department behind accusations previously made by his former lawyer.

The lawyer, Michael D. Cohen, had said that as the election neared, Mr. Trump directed payments to two women who claimed they had affairs with Mr. Trump. But in a new memo arguing for a prison term for Mr. Cohen, prosecutors in Manhattan said he “acted in coordination and at the direction of” an unnamed individual, clearly referring to Mr. Trump.

In another filing, prosecutors for the special counsel investigating Russia’s 2016 election interference said an unnamed Russian offered Mr. Cohen “government level” synergy between Russia and Mr. Trump’s campaign in November 2015. That was months earlier than other approaches detailed in indictments secured by prosecutors.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolit ... &ocid=iehp
Schiff: Trump may face ‘real prospect of jail time’

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) on Sunday said that President Trump might "face the real prospect of jail time" after prosecutors indicated last week that he directed illegal payments during his 2016 presidential campaign.

"There's a very real prospect that on the day Donald Trump leaves office, the Justice Department may indict him. That he may be the first president in quite some time to face the real prospect of jail time," he said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

Schiff's comments come after federal prosecutors said in a legal filing Friday that referred to Trump as "Individual-1" that Trump during the 2016 campaign directed his former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, to make illegal payments to two women claiming they had affairs with Trump. It was the first time prosecutors made those accusations against Trump.

Schiff, who is likely to be the next chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, added that the next president may have to determine whether to pardon Trump."We have been discussing the issue of pardons the president may offer to people or dangle in front of people," Schiff said. "The bigger pardon question may come down the road, as the next president has to determine whether to pardon Donald Trump."

"I think the prosecutors in New York make a powerful case against that idea," he added. "All the arguments they make against Michael Cohen ... that argument was equally made with respect to Individual-1, the president of the United States."

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolit ... &ocid=iehp


You are in a serious need of a better and real education... hmmm they said that on "national news" or very trustworthy msn.com so it must be true :) Whatever they could they tried against the president and they keep trying until there will be nothing to talk about. Maybe they will say he ate pork while someone is offended by it ... or he laughed at someone's joke ... or listened to "Baby it's cold outside" or watched the "Rudolph the red nose rein deer" .... There must be something under this sun to catch him and then he will go to prison... hahahaha. Let me sit back and get the popcorn while waiting.
LolaB
 
Posts: 58
Likes: 49 posts
Liked in: 83 posts
Joined: Jul 24th, 2014, 11:38 pm

Re: Prison time for Trump?

Postby Ka-El » Dec 13th, 2018, 10:19 am

LolaB wrote:You are in a serious need of a better and real education....

:spitcoffee: OMG, thank you. I'll get right on that [icon_lol2.gif]
You know our educational system is failing us when we have posters who
think liberals are “far left”, and conservatives are “kind of in the middle”

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 7340
Likes: 4163 posts
Liked in: 6485 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Prison time for Trump?

Postby RupertBear » Dec 13th, 2018, 5:19 pm

Ka-El wrote:
LolaB wrote:You are in a serious need of a better and real education....

:spitcoffee: OMG, thank you. I'll get right on that [icon_lol2.gif]


I'll help you out on that Ka-El. I'll get you a subscription to InfoWars as a "Holiday Celebration" gift.
That way you'll be able to keep up with the overly-educated right!
:130:

Ka-El likes this post.
RupertBear
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 703
Likes: 498 posts
Liked in: 785 posts
Joined: Feb 24th, 2010, 10:00 pm

Re: Prison time for Trump?

Postby Ka-El » Dec 16th, 2018, 8:13 am

^ Thanks, but in the meantime ...

Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation

Two years after Donald Trump won the presidency, nearly every organization he has led in the past decade is under investigation.

Trump’s private company is contending with civil suits digging into its business with foreign governments and with looming state inquiries into its tax practices.

Trump’s 2016 campaign is under scrutiny by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, whose investigation into Russian interference has already led to guilty pleas by his campaign chairman and four advisers.

Trump’s inaugural committee has been probed by Mueller for illegal foreign donations, a topic that the incoming House Intelligence Committee chairman plans to further investigate next year.

Trump’s charity is locked in an ongoing suit with New York state, which has accused the foundation of “persistently illegal conduct.”

The mounting inquiries are building into a cascade of legal challenges that threaten to dominate Trump’s third year in the White House. In a few weeks, Democrats will take over in the House and pursue their own investigations into all of the above — and more.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolit ... &ocid=iehp
You know our educational system is failing us when we have posters who
think liberals are “far left”, and conservatives are “kind of in the middle”
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 7340
Likes: 4163 posts
Liked in: 6485 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Prison time for Trump?

Postby LolaB » Dec 16th, 2018, 10:58 am

Ka-El wrote:^ Thanks, but in the meantime ...

Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation

Two years after Donald Trump won the presidency, nearly every organization he has led in the past decade is under investigation.

Trump’s private company is contending with civil suits digging into its business with foreign governments and with looming state inquiries into its tax practices.

Trump’s 2016 campaign is under scrutiny by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, whose investigation into Russian interference has already led to guilty pleas by his campaign chairman and four advisers.

Trump’s inaugural committee has been probed by Mueller for illegal foreign donations, a topic that the incoming House Intelligence Committee chairman plans to further investigate next year.

Trump’s charity is locked in an ongoing suit with New York state, which has accused the foundation of “persistently illegal conduct.”

The mounting inquiries are building into a cascade of legal challenges that threaten to dominate Trump’s third year in the White House. In a few weeks, Democrats will take over in the House and pursue their own investigations into all of the above — and more.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolit ... &ocid=iehp



As I said your opinions are very lopsided and untrue - Mueller is now being under the scrutiny as he wasted taxpayers money on imaginary Russian collusion etcetera. Of course they investigate every step of president Trump as he is unwanted and unchosen by liberals and democrats so they stir the sh... up in everything non-existent. They scream their nonsense all over the media and when they are proven wrong they ditch their own people and move to the next scam and keep screaming like toddlers with no concept in what to do next to get rid of Trump. Anyhow, good luck with your political views, I simply do not care what you think :)
LolaB
 
Posts: 58
Likes: 49 posts
Liked in: 83 posts
Joined: Jul 24th, 2014, 11:38 pm

Re: Prison time for Trump?

Postby Ka-El » Dec 16th, 2018, 11:43 am

LolaB wrote: Anyhow, good luck with your political views, I simply do not care what you think :)

:135: And yet you continue responding?

Anyhoo, good luck with your assumption that you're the only one around here with a degree (or two), and/or the only one that has any education in comparative ideologies, and/or the only one who has any training or experience working with and in government (did you say you had that?). And by the by, I don't have to have lived in a totalitarian country to know what it is.
You know our educational system is failing us when we have posters who
think liberals are “far left”, and conservatives are “kind of in the middle”

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 7340
Likes: 4163 posts
Liked in: 6485 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Prison time for Trump?

Postby Ka-El » Dec 17th, 2018, 5:22 pm

How the various investigations into Trump’s world overlap

An article from The Washington Post on Saturday opened with such a striking line that it’s worth lazily co-opting for the opening of this article: “Two years after Donald Trump won the presidency, nearly every organization he has led in the past decade is under investigation.”

That report outlined the scope of existing probes targeting President Trump, his administration, his campaign and even his transition team. On Monday, Wired’s Garrett Graff went further, delineating no fewer than 17 investigations and lines of inquiry facing Trump and those associated with him.

But the scope of what Trump faces alone is daunting, particularly when coupled with the existing probes into people close to him. The timeline of those investigations, in fact, stretches back well over a decade.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/how ... &ocid=iehp

tic toc tic toc
You know our educational system is failing us when we have posters who
think liberals are “far left”, and conservatives are “kind of in the middle”
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 7340
Likes: 4163 posts
Liked in: 6485 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Previous

Return to Bickering Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests