Yellow vests now in Canada

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Yellow vests now in Canada

Postby the truth » Dec 15th, 2018, 3:15 pm

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

4 people like this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6507 posts

Re: Yellow vests now in Canada

Postby MAPearce » Dec 15th, 2018, 3:22 pm

there was a rally here in Kelowna today ..11 am at the Burger King parking lot at 97 and Cooper..

Get your YELLOW VESTS now before they're outlawed.. Like in Saudi Arabia .

Next protest is scheduled for next Saturday ... For more info there's a FB movement called Yellow Vests Canada ..

Join up , SPEAK up ...
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

5 people like this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4398 posts

Postby blueliner » Dec 15th, 2018, 7:15 pm

Great to see some of the silent majority stepping up to the plate .
You just know how this will twist the radical lefty's :130: :130:

2 people like this post.
blueliner
Fledgling

Liked in: 284 posts

Postby blueliner » Dec 15th, 2018, 7:16 pm

MAPearce wrote:there was a rally here in Kelowna today ..11 am at the Burger King parking lot at 97 and Cooper..

Get your YELLOW VESTS now before they're outlawed.. Like in Saudi Arabia .

Next protest is scheduled for next Saturday ... For more info there's a FB movement called Yellow Vests Canada ..

Join up , SPEAK up ...

Please keep us posted not all of us hard working middle class tax payers are on Face Book .

3 people like this post.
blueliner
Fledgling

Liked in: 284 posts

Postby NotNorthAnymore » Dec 15th, 2018, 7:28 pm

Isn't this Yellow Vest movement, just an offshoot of the "Occupy" movement from a few years back?

So here is my rant on this subject:"

Thousands that are gullible enough to march or stand on sidewalks hollering and waving flags wanting "someone" to do "something" because they feel "frustrated with the current situation"????
"IT is unfair" "They holler" - "we are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore" They say.

Rather than actually getting involved in the "system" and attempting to change it from within, they will holler at the wind and charge at tilting windmills.
If you actually feel that you want to do an actual "Change" - you have to join the "system" and have others of like minds in the system with you, to work to change the way things are done now...

If this group actually gets it poop in a pile and joins up with a current political party that has some clout - then there is a possibility of them being able to affect some change.
But all things considered it may be way too late to get organized for the next election.
Change comes from the top down, but has it's roots in the bottom.

Sure wish I had bought stock in the companies that produce the yellow safety vests!!
I would have ended up being part of the 0.1% not just the 1% from a rise in that stock.... :130:
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.

4 people like this post.
NotNorthAnymore
Board Meister

Liked in: 302 posts

Postby Relentless » Dec 15th, 2018, 8:03 pm

NotNorthAnymore wrote:If this group actually gets it poop in a pile and joins up with a current political party that has some clout - then there is a possibility of them being able to affect some change.
But all things considered it may be way too late to get organized for the next election.
Change comes from the top down, but has it's roots in the bottom.

As I was part of this Yellow Vest gathering today, I would like to share some highlights.

The Yellow vests are to make sure people stand out, and are highly visible.
A few members of the Conservative Party showed up shortly after it started and talked with quite a few of us in an effort to understand our frustration and offer some advice into our current Government corruption.
It appears that many Passive minded Canadians needs to be educated and understand what is taking place in our corrupt Country, instead of just sitting back and taking everything we get dished out.
The main objective is to raise awareness and get more people involved in saving the future of our Country.
If people want to sit at home, that's their right.

At least the Yellow Vest movement is attempting to do something in a non-violent way.
The reason for this is that our rights and freedoms are changing by a severely corrupt Liberal Government, and not changing in a good way.
Those who sit back and do nothing are just as much too blame as our Corrupt Government.
Canadians need to quit being Passive and start fighting to save our rights.
Justin Trudeau has some pretty crazy ideology for our not so distant future for all Canadians.
Get educated and save your Country by voting out these corrupt Liberals who all are guilty of serious crimes.
There is only one party to vote for Oct 2019 - Peoples Party of Canada - Be part of the solution, not the problem! Get Educated!

6 people like this post.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 518 posts

Postby GrooveTunes » Dec 15th, 2018, 8:58 pm

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
GrooveTunes
Übergod

Liked in: 405 posts

Postby Vacancyrate » Dec 15th, 2018, 8:59 pm

NotNorthAnymore wrote:Rather than actually getting involved in the "system" and attempting to change it from within, they will holler at the wind and charge at tilting windmills.
If you actually feel that you want to do an actual "Change" - you have to join the "system" and have others of like minds in the system with you, to work to change the way things are done now

Join the system that they designed to keep business interests entrenched.

Join a political Party to change it within and implement electoral reform, let's say.

Tried that, got screwed - now what?

Not a single banker jailed by the Liberal Saviour Hope and Change Obama. He jailed about 5000 "trespassing" hippies thou.

Bernie tried to change the system from within. He got cheated and backstabbed for his troubles.

What a crock. People are hip to the facts and they ain't buying what you're selling. Just like down south - get rid of Trump and you still just have a BS economic system that serves 1% of the population. This populous push-back isn't going away because of a Liberal Party of Canada 500 dollar a plate fundraiser.

Sounds like it might be time for a general strike. Just wait until the debt wall hit's Canada and we'll see some real fireworks.

2 people like this post.
Vacancyrate
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 636 posts

Postby MAPearce » Dec 16th, 2018, 6:35 am

Rather than actually getting involved in the "system" and attempting to change it from within, they will holler at the wind and charge at tilting windmills.

Part of why my personal interest lies in the movement is that , in case you've had your head in the sand , the Trudeau gov't is actively attempting to BLOCK any chance of change from within by a majority who wants it ...
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

the truth likes this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Postby MAPearce » Dec 16th, 2018, 6:36 am

Please keep us posted not all of us hard working middle class tax payers are on Face Book

If you can be here .....

https://yellowvestscanada.net/index.html

You can look this up .

the truth likes this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Mordu » Dec 16th, 2018, 6:52 am

Bickering now. Disgusting :swear:
Last edited by Mordu on Dec 19th, 2018, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mordu
Fledgling

Liked in: 123 posts

Postby Mordu » Dec 16th, 2018, 7:42 am

Last edited by Mordu on Dec 19th, 2018, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mordu
Fledgling

Postby MAPearce » Dec 16th, 2018, 7:44 am

And, anyways, I’d like Calgary to be the new capital, not Toronto.

Capitol of what ??
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Mordu » Dec 16th, 2018, 8:34 am

Last edited by Mordu on Dec 19th, 2018, 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mordu
Fledgling

Postby GordonH » Dec 16th, 2018, 8:35 am

Mordu wrote:And, anyways, I’d like Calgary to be the new capital, not Toronto.

MAPearce wrote:Capitol of what ??

Toronto is a capital, that is Ontario..... now I suspect Mordu means centre of the universe. lol
Which Toronto has self proclaimed being.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

Bsuds likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8092 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Next

Return to Bickering Room