Yellow vests now in Canada

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Yellow vests now in Canada

Postby Omnitheo » Dec 26th, 2018, 9:20 pm

I wouldn’t exactly label calling someone out on their lies as trolling.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

normaM likes this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4161 posts

Postby Bpeep » Dec 26th, 2018, 10:07 pm

Imo regardless of whether one accepts the content of mondu's musings or not, they are well thought out and well written.
Kudos.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

normaM likes this post.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 10345 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 26th, 2018, 10:32 pm

Who is going to swing the sword in here to conclude negoitations?
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13984 posts

Postby barberhouse » Dec 26th, 2018, 10:47 pm

This thread was not near as fascinating as meeting the "White Nationalists".. Many "Useful Idiots" holding pickets. I just wonder who is the money behind this..
:WN
Its better to be thought of as a fool, than to opens ones mouth and remove all doubt

Bpeep likes this post.
barberhouse
Fledgling

Liked in: 29 posts

Postby countmeout » Dec 26th, 2018, 11:45 pm

Omnitheo wrote:I wouldn’t exactly label calling someone out on their lies as trolling.

So you still haven't read the part that "most construction workers are men and there are consequences to that"?!?! [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
What if they were all females? Then no issue? It's not a lie, you just fail to see it. Keep shoving the "trudeau can do no harm lies!
countmeout
Fledgling

Liked in: 195 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Dec 27th, 2018, 12:42 am

I’ve done a google search for the section of your text you put in quotation marks. There was no match to anything Trudeau said.

Sounds like you are deliberately misrepresenting quotes to mislead people.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

normaM likes this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Postby countmeout » Dec 27th, 2018, 9:13 am

Omnitheo wrote:I’ve done a google search for the section of your text you put in quotation marks. There was no match to anything Trudeau said.

https://canada.constructconnect.com/dcn/news/government/2018/12/industry-slams-trudeau-gender-impacts-comment-male-construction-workers

Well, you know, there are gender impacts when you bring construction workers into a rural area. There are social impacts because they’re mostly male construction workers. How are you adjusting and adapting to those? That’s what the gender lens in GBA (gender-based analysis)-plus budgeting is all about.”

Omnitheo, I've read many of your posts and thought more of you but I am starting to see just how much you appreciate stirring up the chatter to spin the truth. I've clearly posted this link many times and highlighted the exact piece above. Justin states that construction workers cause social impacts in small towns because they are mostly male. He's implying we are in some wild west time and a gang of bandits are in town, causing trouble. I'm not twisting facts, it's insane how you choose to ignore. I have no agenda but to bring forward what irritates me in politics. I don't care that it is specifically trudeau, if any politician did this I wouldn't be happy.

Then there is this women
https://www.google.com/amp/s/vancouversun.com/news/politics/why-sara-wheale-resigned-from-pms-youth-council-over-his-comments-about-construction-workers/wcm/e5cccd81-e503-45fd-9cbc-1030e83c62a5/amp

who resigned youth council over this issue. Clearly you're blind to trudeau. Open your eyes and see him for what he is. He's even gone as far in other articles to say women are better at business then "others" and it's not hard to decode "others" to men; what he wanted to say. If there was a politician that said men are better at business, they would be shamed over that, as they should be. Let's hold the same standard for all.
Last edited by countmeout on Dec 27th, 2018, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

sobrohusfat likes this post.
countmeout
Fledgling

Postby Mordu » Dec 27th, 2018, 9:14 am

Thank you Omnitheo (and normaM, too)

This will be my last kick at the can.

Queen K wrote:Who is going to swing the sword in here to conclude negoitations?

Dear Queen K and anyone else,

I know it’s work to swing a sword the size of Aragorn’s in order to take the head of the Mouth of Sauron, but please ‘swing a sword’ at finding this direct quote anywhere within the material that countmeout claims it’s in.

For a start, plug the quote into the Castanet search engine: “too many white male construction workers cause problems.” See if it turns up in the complete text I yoinked and posted here from of the article. Then read Tamara’s post on Jason Kenny’s facebook site (posted below). And after that watch the video (posted below) that goes with the article to see if it turns up in either of those materials.

Also, see if the rest of countmeout’s comments (see urls below) may be ‘misleading’ as well.

Calling out misleading information is important when it comes down to trusting the person you stand beside, or behind, in the yellow vest (mithril shirt :biggrin: ) movement.

So please, just one more ‘spoonful’ from anyone here and then see if you agree that I’m a ‘troll’. And if you do then I’ll accept that I’m worthy of 'starving'.

But first, and maybe last from me, a warning from Brigitte Gabriel, “When you look all the lessons of history, most of the Germans were peaceful, yet the Nazi’s drove the agenda, and, as a result, 60 million people died . . . the peaceful majority were irrelevant . . .,” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-vvoRwJSPc).

So then, is it worth even trying to be relevant here?

countmeout wrote:The statment reads "too many white male construction workers cause problems".
(the rest at)
http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2430335
(and in addition to that)
http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2430570

Mordu wrote:I'll put up five likes to you from me in the future if you'll bet the same, because I don't think anybody can find what you require me to find, and you can’t either.

Your link.

http://canada.constructconnect.com/dcn/ ... on-workers

All the text and links to Kenny’s facebook post of Tamara’s tweet plus the youtube video in its entirety.

Industry slams Trudeau on ‘gender impacts’ comment about male construction workers
Angela Gismondi December 6, 2018
https://canada.constructconnect.com/dcn ... on-workers
G20 ARGENTINA/WIKIMEDIA COMMONS — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau came under fire recently for comments he made during a G20 Summit in Argentina during a women’s task force meeting pertaining to gender impacts when male construction workers are brought to a rural area. The Prime Minister’s Office says the comments were taken out of context.
A comment made by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at the recent G20 Summit in Argentina has caused a stir in the Canadian construction industry, with several stakeholders taking to social media to voice their views and opinions on the matter.
During a panel discussion with members of the G20 Business Women Leaders Task Force, which focused on how to increase women’s participation in the economy, Trudeau said, “Even big infrastructure projects, you know might now say, ‘well, what does a gender lens have to do with building this new highway or this new pipeline or something?’ Well, you know, there are gender impacts when you bring construction workers into a rural area. There are social impacts because they’re mostly male construction workers. How are you adjusting and adapting to those? That’s what the gender lens in GBA (gender-based analysis)-plus budgeting is all about.”
The comment drew criticism from the industry, with many expressing their disappointment on Twitter.
“The construction industry has been working very hard to be inclusive,” said Canadian Construction Association (CCA) president Mary Van Buren. “Our members from across the country employ women, Indigenous, new Canadians, youth and apprentices among others. They do a lot of good in their communities and on the jobsites.
“Prime Minister Trudeau’s regrettable remarks only serve to reinforce the negative stereotypes and it also undermines our efforts to attract more people to the industry at a time when there is also a workforce shortage. The government is planning to invest $180 billion in infrastructure and we’re working hard to attract workers to the industry including underrepresented segments.”
Following the comment, the CCA tweeted “Our president @MaryVanBuren would be happy to discuss how #CDNConstructionGives with Prime Minister @JustinTrudeau.”
The #CDNConstructionGives has had over 1.5 million mentions, added Van Buren.
CdnConstructionAssoc
@ConstructionCAN

Our president @MaryVanBuren would be happy to discuss how #CDNConstructionGives with Prime Minister @JustinTrudeau.
8:40 AM - Nov 30, 2018
The short clip circulating on Twitter does not reflect the entirety of the panel discussion, a spokesperson for the Prime Minister’s Office told the Daily Commercial News.
“The panel discussion was really about how our government is taking steps to ensure that gender is considered in a variety of ways when designing policies,” the spokesperson said. ”One example was in terms of child care policies, another example was in terms of construction, but what he was talking about more broadly was the fact that if you want more women to work in trades and in construction settings then the policies, and however we develop those policies, have to be inclusive and understanding of the fact that more needs to be done to ensure that there are more women in these sectors but also that they stay in these sectors once they get there.”
On his Twitter, Jason Kenney, leader of the United Conservative Party in Alberta, showed a post from his Facebook page from Tamara Mack Robbins, whose husband oversees a crew in the natural gas division in Alberta.
“He sacrifices for our family by being out of town for work, staying in hotels with his crew throughout Alberta,” reads the post.
“For Mr. Trudeau to even suggest these crews are not welcome or a danger in rural communities is absurd…There are many careers across this great nation that has spouses travelling away from home for work…these workers he refers to are our husbands, sons, brothers and yes, sisters.”
Jason Kenney
@jkenney
Justin Trudeau killed Energy East, meaning Canada continues importing oil from OPEC dictatorships.
When will he apply a “gender based analysis” on Saudi oil imports?
Jason Kenney Retweeted Canadabuster
Justin Trudeau says pipelines must go through a “gender based analysis” because male construction workers have “impacts.”
Darned right they do. They build things, create wealth, pay taxes, take care of their families.
But this trust fund millionaire thinks they can’t be trusted
Sean Reid, vice-president and regional director of Ontario, for the Progressive Contractors Association of Canada tweeted: “It is highly disappointing to hear our Prime Minister propagate such a negative and misleading image of Canada’s construction industry on foreign soil.”
Sean Reid
@SCReid_1973
It is highly disappointing to hear our Prime Minister propagate such a negative and misleading image of Canada's construction industry on foreign soil.
Pierre Poilievre
@PierrePoilievre
· Nov 30, 2018
To put it politely: this comment is idiotic. Trudeau explains the danger of pipeline projects: they bring “male” construction workers into rural areas, where they cause “impacts”. Which impacts? Name them.
Walter Pamic
@WalterPamic
As a construction worker and employer of construction workers I am at a loss trying to understand exactly what the PM means
hris Lorenc
@ChrisWLorenc
This is really hard to listen to coming from the PM.
CdnConstructionAssoc
@ConstructionCAN
Our president @MaryVanBuren would be happy to discuss how #CDNConstructionGives with Prime Minister @JustinTrudeau.
Andrew Scheer
@AndrewScheer
This is political correctness at its most ridiculous. The impacts of construction workers building things are prosperity and strong families. They should be celebrated, not demonized.
I guess when you inherit family wealth you have the luxury to make such idiotic statements.
12:04 PM - Dec 1, 2018
Jason Kenney
@jkenney
A powerful statement from the wife of an oilfield worker on Justin Trudeau’s hurtful remarks about folks like her husband. From my Facebook page
12:46 PM - Dec 2, 2018
(A link to Tamara’s tweet on Kenny’s facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/kenneyjasont/p ... n__=EEHH-R
And the entire youtube clip from the article:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpl0lVyG8TI

Thank you all for your kind attention and ‘indugence.’

May it serve you well.

Now my son gave me, the old-fart, an Ixalan set of Magic the Gathering cards for Christmas. I'm very excited to go off and examine them and to sort them out into their colours.

Ka-El likes this post.
Mordu
Board Meister

Liked in: 128 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Dec 27th, 2018, 9:56 am

countmeout wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:I’ve done a google search for the section of your text you put in quotation marks. There was no match to anything Trudeau said.

https://canada.constructconnect.com/dcn/news/government/2018/12/industry-slams-trudeau-gender-impacts-comment-male-construction-workers

Well, you know, there are gender impacts when you bring construction workers into a rural area. There are social impacts because they’re mostly male construction workers. How are you adjusting and adapting to those? That’s what the gender lens in GBA (gender-based analysis)-plus budgeting is all about.”

Omnitheo, I've read many of your posts and thought more of you but I am starting to see just how much you appreciate stirring up the chatter to spin the truth. I've clearly posted this link many times and highlighted the exact piece above. Justin states that construction workers cause social impacts in small towns because they are mostly male. He's implying we are in some wild west time and a gang of bandits are in town, causing trouble. I'm not twisting facts, it's insane how you choose to ignore. I have no agenda but to bring forward what irritates me in politics. I don't care that it is specifically trudeau, if any politician did this I wouldn't be happy.

Then there is this women
https://www.google.com/amp/s/vancouversun.com/news/politics/why-sara-wheale-resigned-from-pms-youth-council-over-his-comments-about-construction-workers/wcm/e5cccd81-e503-45fd-9cbc-1030e83c62a5/amp

who resigned youth council over this issue. Clearly you're blind to trudeau. Open your eyes and see him for what he is. He's even gone as far in other articles to say women are better at business then "others" and it's not hard to decode "others" to men; what he wanted to say. If there was a politician that said men are better at business, they would be shamed over that, as they should be. Let's hold the same standard for all.

So there are no social impacts to bringing a larger number of men into an area? I honestly see nothing wrong with the statement, but I feel you may be reading into it too much and imagining it says things that it isn’t.

It seems in one place people suggest that bringing in a number of refugees from one place will cause social impacts, but bringing a different homogenized group of people somewhere else has no impact?

The prime minister isn’t slamming construction workers, but is encouraging more diversity. When you look at his entire quote, you can see he is simply arguing for more women to be involved.

If people took a step back to see things with a clear head instead of being pre-disposed to assuming. The prime minister is attacking them, then we could have a proper discussion, and Sara Wheale wouldn’t be leaving a post with egg on her face.
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

Postby countmeout » Dec 27th, 2018, 10:22 am

Omnitheo wrote:So there are no social impacts to bringing a larger number of men into an area? I honestly see nothing wrong with the statement, but I feel you may be reading into it too much and imagining it says things that it isn’t.
wrong, done talking about it

It seems in one place people suggest that bringing in a number of refugees from one place will cause social impacts, but bringing a different homogenized group of people somewhere else has no impact?
See no issue with non national language speaking people with different values and inability to integrate and provide for themselves. Entirely different issue lol.

The prime minister isn’t slamming construction workers, but is encouraging more diversity. When you look at his entire quote, you can see he is simply arguing for more women to be involved.
yea, he's not slamming construction workers, he just thinks all male ones causeva problem. Maybe if all politicians were female we would have social problems in government. Opps, that's not politically correct!

If people took a step back to see things with a clear head instead of being pre-disposed to assuming. The prime minister is attacking them, then we could have a proper discussion, and Sara Wheale wouldn’t be leaving a post with egg on her face.

what more of a step can I take? He's gone as far to say women are better at business lol.
countmeout
Fledgling

Postby Omnitheo » Dec 27th, 2018, 10:26 am

Which he states is based on actual studies and evidence.

I quite like this PM who actually looks at data to drive policy rather than blind ideology.
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

Postby Mordu » Dec 27th, 2018, 10:55 am

countmeout wrote:what more of a step can I take?

Instead of seeming to hope my earlier post will sink into the sunset.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=80570&start=210#p2433020

You can admit to answering with misinformation to a question that I asked, and tell us why you answered that way.

Mordu wrote:Hi countmeout.

Old yellow vested construction worker from 'the patch' here.

MAPearce wrote:When was the last time you heard a party leader say that " construction workers bring more harm to rural Canada" than reintegrated religious radical baby killers ???

I gotta know .. WHEN ????

Sorry, I searched the doc. and the video

http://canada.constructconnect.com/dcn/ ... on-workers

But I still can't find a reference to what MAPearce said.

Could you please help me?

Like, excise the material and post it or post a timecode from the video?

Thanks, I would appreciate that. :up:

countmeout wrote:You will have to do your own searching. I don't have the time but all you require is there. Essentially the statement is that when a bunch of males work in a rural town on a large construction site they bring terrible consequences to the small community. The statement goes on to say the goverment is investing resources to train women, aboriginals, foreign workers and refugees to do the work because these people will have a more positive impact on these small communities. The statment reads "too many white male construction workers cause problems".

And then why did you go on to try to reinforce that with more misinformation here?

http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2430570

Please explain how this is trolling to you.
Mordu
Board Meister

Liked in: 128 posts

Postby countmeout » Dec 27th, 2018, 11:02 am

Omnitheo wrote:Which he states is based on actual studies and evidence.

I quite like this PM who actually looks at data to drive policy rather than blind ideology.

Yea, that's why our cabinet was 50/50 women/men because it was who was best suited for the job. :up:
countmeout
Fledgling

Postby Ka-El » Dec 27th, 2018, 11:10 am

Mordu wrote: Calling out misleading information is important when it comes down to trusting the person you stand beside, or behind, in the yellow vest (mithril shirt :biggrin: ) movement.

It is important to continue calling out posters who purposefully post misleading information. The alt-right populist movement has been feeding on and producing disinformation and “fake news” ever since their hero Trump began attacking the free press and duping his minions into believing only he knew the real truth. Those who ever studied the use of propaganda by previous populist regimes might have easily recognized this strategy in use. Some are using that same strategy in a deliberate effort to influence the more dull-witted posters here with purposefully misleading memes. Others are already more than willing and excited to buy into the politics of divisiveness and hate, and all too eager to jump in and participate in the hate-mongering.
Last edited by Ka-El on Dec 27th, 2018, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The ability to suspend judgment and change your mind when warranted is a distinguishing feature of critical thought
– apparently not recognizable to those who don’t have the ability.

"I don't know who dimples is, I don't know what this means"

3 people like this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5709 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Dec 27th, 2018, 11:13 am

Absolutely. Scientists for science based roles, someone from the armed forces for defense minister. Doctors for health ministers.

Honestly if you were a supporter of the Harper government, you can’t really talk about “best suited for the role” given that they were all just friends of his appointed to positions without any background in the subjects.

It was quite impressive that he was not only able to find people suited to the roles, but also to include women with the proper qualifications.
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room