Big Government lies

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Big Government lies

Postby Merry » Jan 5th, 2019, 9:39 am

Your missing my point Smurf; which is that IF the Libs are truly concerned about "saving the environment" taking practical measures similar to those I outlined would be far more effective than simply imposing a useless tax.

But they won't do it because it would be politically unpopular, and would probably cost them the election. Your defensive reaction illustrates my point perfectly.

I also own gas guzzling toys (a fifth wheel and a boat, plus a gas hungry truck to pull them with) and would be reluctant to give them up. BUT requiring people like me to own a smaller RV, a smaller boat, and a more fuel efficient vehicle to pull them with would be far more effective than making me pay a useless tax (on top of the many taxes I already pay).

If we truly believe that the world as we know it is going to come to an end in a few short decades, then the Government needs to take far more drastic action than simply placing a tax on carbon dioxide. So the fact that they are unwilling (for political reasons) to take that far more drastic action, tells me they don't really believe their own rhetoric about global warming.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Smurf likes this post.
User avatar
Merry
Guru
 
Posts: 7983
Likes: 6144 posts
Liked in: 5707 posts
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2008, 11:41 am

Re: Big Government lies

Postby LeeRichmond » Jan 5th, 2019, 10:02 am

Climate change is not human caused. This lie is being told to make society feel like the economy tanking is okay because we need to save the world. It's *bleep*. Canada has 30 million people. We have new vehicles which are barely poluting at all with our emissions systems. CO2 is good for the planet. The climate always changes. Thanks GOD. What vehicles were the humans driving back in the day that caused climate to change? Its so sad that these lies can be made up and People who can't think clearly, will help destroy our economies and fight against keeping people from thriving. Climate scientists were caught lying about temperatures to try and prove a point. They are scum and they are funded by the governments, which want to remain in control.

2 people like this post.
LeeRichmond
 
Posts: 36
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Jun 26th, 2005, 9:44 am
Location: kelowna

Re: Big Government lies

Postby Smurf » Jan 5th, 2019, 10:46 am

I agree. I believe in climate change, I just do not believe or at least am not convinced that humans are causing that much of it. When you see what one volcano can do with pollution, tsunami's etc you have to wonder. I also believe we should be doing what we can within reason to help the environment. I do not believe we should be ruining our economies etc with stupid ideas because it is those strong economies that will allow us to make changes to help the environment.

Yes Merry I get your point. I was just pointing out that I am not to sure limiting things would help that much unless they put a complete stranglehold on them which I guess is what you are saying. You are right I and I believe many others, would vote against that government. Not only because I like my toys but also because I do not believe it would make enough difference in Mother Nature's grand scheme of things.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Centurion likes this post.
User avatar
Smurf
Guru
 
Posts: 9576
Likes: 15891 posts
Liked in: 6203 posts
Joined: Aug 12th, 2006, 7:55 am
Location: Okanagan BC

Re: Big Government lies

Postby Mordu » Jan 6th, 2019, 10:54 am

I, too, disagree with imposing an individual tax on fueling our ‘slaves.’



Okanagan Regional Library: Energy of Slaves: Oil and the New Servitude

http://orl.bibliocommons.com/item/show/169548111

Time to re-boot the past.

“Referendum on Taxation of Slaves”

http://edu.lva.virginia.gov/online_clas ... _of_slaves
Mordu
Fledgling
 
Posts: 348
Likes: 48 posts
Liked in: 123 posts
Joined: Nov 8th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Re: Big Government lies

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 6th, 2019, 11:33 am

Smurf wrote:I agree. I believe in climate change, I just do not believe or at least am not convinced that humans are causing that much of it. When you see what one volcano can do with pollution, tsunami's etc you have to wonder. I also believe we should be doing what we can within reason to help the environment. I do not believe we should be ruining our economies etc with stupid ideas because it is those strong economies that will allow us to make changes to help the environment.

Yes Merry I get your point. I was just pointing out that I am not to sure limiting things would help that much unless they put a complete stranglehold on them which I guess is what you are saying. You are right I and I believe many others, would vote against that government. Not only because I like my toys but also because I do not believe it would make enough difference in Mother Nature's grand scheme of things.


Smurf, one volcano does emit an awful lot of pollution. On top of that, there are hydrothermal vents pumping out CO2 constantly. But if you take all of those volcanoes and vents, and all their pollution and put them together annually, they make up 1/1000th of what humanity releases just through vehicles annually.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
User avatar
Omnitheo
Guru
 
Posts: 5229
Likes: 7967 posts
Liked in: 4155 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 9:10 am

Re: Big Government lies

Postby Gone_Fishin » Jan 6th, 2019, 12:00 pm

Maybe Omni can tell us how much CO2 emissions will be reduced by Trudeau's carbon tax. Trudeau and Climate Einstein McKenna don't have the answer, that is certain.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 "A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left."
Get a high school drama teacher to run a country, and what do you get? High school drama.

Pete Podoski likes this post.
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4729
Likes: 6006 posts
Liked in: 4275 posts
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 6:43 am

Re: Big Government lies

Postby Catsumi » Jan 6th, 2019, 6:24 pm

Haha.

JT's answer is basically "hey, we are skinning the Canadian public alive. Why shouldn't they be grateful that I can sell them their hides back to them?"

That is how much sense the carbon tax makes.
Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

Like a plague, JT must go!

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Catsumi
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3945
Likes: 4438 posts
Liked in: 3398 posts
Joined: May 24th, 2017, 7:26 pm

Re: Big Government lies

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 7th, 2019, 7:52 am

Omnitheo wrote:
Smurf, one volcano does emit an awful lot of pollution. On top of that, there are hydrothermal vents pumping out CO2 constantly. But if you take all of those volcanoes and vents, and all their pollution and put them together annually, they make up 1/1000th of what humanity releases just through vehicles annually.


Smurf - don't listent to the alarmist warmist Leftists, they are liars. Their entire goal is wealth redistribution, and they could care less about the environment. It's all about unelected control of the world population, and these kinds of people will lie, cheat and steal to get to this goal.

If you do some research, and read articles from all over the spectrum, instead of what these fraudsters want to feed you to perpetuate the hoax, you will find that the annual output of volcanoes etc is approximately 645 million tons. The total human output per annum, depending on who you want to believe, is between 24 and 29 billion tons. Of that output, the EPA estimates that cars, trucks, planes etc are around 28%. So 28% of 29 billion = 8.12 billion.

Taking 8.12 billion over .645 billion you get around 8%. So still not nearly as large as emissions from transportation, but not 1/1000th. This kind of metric only applies to far-left Democrat presidential candidates who claim to be Native American.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswith ... c95b45cbf5

Now of course there is the whole argument about "who the hell cares what CO2 is emitted by anything" as C02 is a harmless gas required by all plant life to live. But that's just the question that is asked by people who aren't trying to take over the entire world with apocalyptic fairy tales.
How do you destroy a political party? Elect a part-time drama teacher as your leader because of his last name.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 30122
Likes: 13533 posts
Liked in: 18408 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Big Government lies

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 7th, 2019, 8:53 am



You can see how carbon taxes have been implemented elsewhere. Quite successfully.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
User avatar
Omnitheo
Guru
 
Posts: 5229
Likes: 7967 posts
Liked in: 4155 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 9:10 am

Re: Big Government lies

Postby Pete Podoski » Jan 7th, 2019, 9:14 am

Omnitheo wrote:You can see how carbon taxes have been implemented elsewhere. Quite successfully.


Successful implementation of a tax is actually not that hard. Make legislation, pass it with a majority, and it's ready to go.

It's the effect on working families that is the problem..

You were asked a question above that you dodged with a non-answer. How much will CO2 emissions in Canada go down with Trudeau's carbon tax?

4 people like this post.
User avatar
Pete Podoski
Board Meister
 
Posts: 458
Likes: 903 posts
Liked in: 936 posts
Joined: Jul 16th, 2018, 8:13 am

Re: Big Government lies

Postby floppi » Jan 7th, 2019, 9:39 am

Pete Podoski wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:You can see how carbon taxes have been implemented elsewhere. Quite successfully.


Successful implementation of a tax is actually not that hard. Make legislation, pass it with a majority, and it's ready to go.

It's the effect on working families that is the problem..

You were asked a question above that you dodged with a non-answer. How much will CO2 emissions in Canada go down with Trudeau's carbon tax?


How do you measure something like that? [icon_lol2.gif] Weren't we getting smoke a forest fire in Greece, Finland and Siberia last year? You don't and the proper answer is to not answer dumb questions like that.
floppi
Übergod
 
Posts: 1396
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 538 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2007, 11:46 am

Re: Big Government lies

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 7th, 2019, 10:17 am

I provided an example of the effect it has had on a similarly developed country. Complete with references to numbers on CO2 emission reductions. So no, I did not dodge your question. But feel free to ask it again a few years from now when we can measure the effect it has had in Canada and we can discuss then
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
User avatar
Omnitheo
Guru
 
Posts: 5229
Likes: 7967 posts
Liked in: 4155 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 9:10 am

Re: Big Government lies

Postby Pete Podoski » Jan 7th, 2019, 10:52 am

Omnitheo wrote:I provided an example of the effect it has had on a similarly developed country. Complete with references to numbers on CO2 emission reductions. So no, I did not dodge your question. But feel free to ask it again a few years from now when we can measure the effect it has had in Canada and we can discuss then


So the Liberal peanut chuckers admit they have no idea what the impact of the tax will be on CO2 emissions.

Wouldn't a proper plan to reduce emissions include an analysis of if we tax X%, emissions will decrease Y%, or is that too damned logical for the left wing to grasp?

If I were to walk into the boss' office and tell him we should increase our prices with no rationale nor analysis of the effect on the bottom line, I'd be getting a boot imprint on my ass-end.

At least we've got Trudeau's peanut chuckers to admit that they are completely oblivious about what the emissions effect will be. Now, if only they could tell their illustrious Hair an' Sox Boy to admit the same, instead of stammering out a string of lies each time he's asked, we'd be getting somewhere.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Pete Podoski
Board Meister
 
Posts: 458
Likes: 903 posts
Liked in: 936 posts
Joined: Jul 16th, 2018, 8:13 am

Re: Big Government lies

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 7th, 2019, 11:06 am

By one federal estimate, the combined federal and provincial carbon-pricing plans would reduce greenhouse-gas emissions by up to 60 million tonnes in 2020, equivalent to 8.3 per cent of the country’s emissions in 2015.


You really think the government has done no analysis or planning? In that case you have a pretty naive view of how government works. But it may come from years of the former administration where policy was driven by ideology rather than data. Thankfully we can now look at data of how similar measures have worked around the world and the effect they have had to make proper estimates. Again though, we will need to wait a few years to get concrete data. I recommend watching the video to get an idea of how this has worked elsewhere.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
User avatar
Omnitheo
Guru
 
Posts: 5229
Likes: 7967 posts
Liked in: 4155 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 9:10 am

Re: Big Government lies

Postby Gone_Fishin » Jan 7th, 2019, 12:41 pm

One federal estimate? Who did it? What were the assumptions? Where did they gather the data?

And most importantly, if the analysis has been done, why won't Trudeau or McKenna say so, and tell Canadians what the analysis says? If it says emissions will be reduced enough to justify the tax, you can be damned sure they would quote it. Anyone with an IQ over their shoe size knows that the numbers Trudeau and McKenna have show no effect whatsoever, and that's why they refuse to disclose it to the taxpayers but want to collect the billions in additional taxes from Canadians to feather their globalist agenda nest.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 "A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left."
Get a high school drama teacher to run a country, and what do you get? High school drama.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4729
Likes: 6006 posts
Liked in: 4275 posts
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 6:43 am

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests