Big Government lies

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Big Government lies

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 7th, 2019, 2:39 pm

floppi wrote:
How do you measure something like that? [icon_lol2.gif] Weren't we getting smoke a forest fire in Greece, Finland and Siberia last year? You don't and the proper answer is to not answer dumb questions like that.

so how is paying a carbon tax going to reduce forest fires in Greece, Finland and Siberia? They don't, so the proper answer is to not implement dumb taxes like this.
Who is a fan of "Little Potato", the snollygoster Justin Trudeau? All you have to do is show up here, post a bunch of lies, and get paid! The LIEberal mantra: If you can no longer motivate with hope, you turn to hate.

3 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 20967 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 7th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Omnitheo wrote:
You really think the government has done no analysis or planning? .

so you are saying that the Liberals, including Climate Einstein McKenna, have answers, but won't share them with us due to their supreme arrogance. Interesting theory. I think that you are on to something here.
Who is a fan of "Little Potato", the snollygoster Justin Trudeau? All you have to do is show up here, post a bunch of lies, and get paid! The LIEberal mantra: If you can no longer motivate with hope, you turn to hate.

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 7th, 2019, 3:07 pm

why don’t you go do some digging yourself? The rest of us shouldn’t have to baby you. You claim that the government is hiding things from you, but it’s really just you being lazy and incapable of looking up the data yourself that the government has freely provided.

There’s more to reality than what The Rebel and Sun News opinion columns tell you.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4515 posts

Postby Mordu » Jan 7th, 2019, 3:18 pm

Omnitheo, sorry to break in, but I got busy, and (selfishly) I'm eager to post what I've found.

Seriously now . . ..

There’s this:

“The right-wing roots of carbon pricing”

http://torontostarnie.newspaperdirect.c ... iewer.aspx

And this:

“Someone tell Ford, Kenney carbon taxes are a conservative idea”

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/star-col ... -idea.html

And this:

“Manning calls on Conservatives to stop attacking carbon pricing”

http://ipolitics.ca/2017/03/08/manning- ... n-pricing/

All worth reading, but I think this is really worth the conservatives here and others having a listen to.

I heard this way back on CBC but didn’t think it would be available.

It even comes with a transcript for those whom I suspect will have deaf ears. :biggrin:

“Why Stephen Harper's former policy director is defending Trudeau's carbon tax”

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as- ... -1.4832116

Oh, and this-- http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2436005 --was just an attempt at sarcasm. I actually admire and support Nikiforuk's analogy and stance on "The Energy of Slaves."

2 people like this post.
Mordu
Board Meister

Liked in: 214 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 7th, 2019, 3:35 pm

Mordu wrote:Omnitheo, sorry to break in, but I got busy, and (selfishly) I'm eager to post what I've found.

Interesting finds. Now do you have any actual answers to Pete's question? *removed* They have no information, they just want to jam a tax down our throats. Total shysters.

Last edited by ferri on Jan 7th, 2019, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 7th, 2019, 5:31 pm

Already answered Pete’s question. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 8th, 2019, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

Ka-El likes this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 7th, 2019, 5:38 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Already answered Pete’s question.

no, you didn't.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Gone_Fishin » Jan 7th, 2019, 6:58 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Already answered Pete’s question. Pete’s a big boy (I think) so I’m sure he can figure out the rest of his questions himself. I don’t have time for endlessly moving goalposts.

By what amount will Canada's carbon dioxide emissions decrease due to Trudeau's carbon tax?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 "A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left."
Get a high school drama teacher to run a country, and what do you get? High school drama.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4935 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 7th, 2019, 9:08 pm

Already answered
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

Postby Mordu » Jan 7th, 2019, 9:36 pm

Pete Podoski wrote: How much will CO2 emissions in Canada go down with Trudeau's carbon tax?

Gone_Fishin wrote:By what amount will Canada's carbon dioxide emissions decrease due to Trudeau's carbon tax?

Rhetorical questions, right?

I mean, you two really don't know what the answer is?
Mordu
Board Meister

Postby Mordu » Jan 8th, 2019, 5:36 am

O K, I know it's early, but I'll wait for your reply.

I have a bit of traveling to do this morning and I must get at it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out the door now. Hint in case you need it: the latest report is dated Nov. 30, 2018.
Mordu
Board Meister

Postby Pete Podoski » Jan 8th, 2019, 8:29 am

Mordu wrote:
Pete Podoski wrote: How much will CO2 emissions in Canada go down with Trudeau's carbon tax?

Gone_Fishin wrote:By what amount will Canada's carbon dioxide emissions decrease due to Trudeau's carbon tax?

Rhetorical questions, right?

I mean, you two really don't know what the answer is?

Neither does Omnitheo, Trudeau, or McKenna.

That's why the questions are being asked. People want to know what they are paying for with this egregious, regressive tax that slams low income Canadians disproportionately.

No one will give us a figure that shows any reduction in CO2 emissions. And that's because that figure, if disclosed, will uncover a huge tax and spend plan of the Trudeau government that has no benefit insofar as emissions reductions are concerned.
#LetHerSpeak

2 people like this post.
Pete Podoski
Board Meister

Liked in: 1649 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 8th, 2019, 8:38 am

Pete Podoski wrote:
Neither does Omnitheo, Trudeau, or McKenna.

Zero clue whatsoever. And that's really the point. There is no "goal" here, no concept of any benefit to anyone. This is all about a tax grab, using the man-made climate change fairy tale into scaring people into proffering their wallets, "because their grandchildren". No one is going to change their natural gas furnace or stove over to electricity because of this stupid tax. No one other than virtue-signalling 1%'ers are going to buy Teslas because of this stupid tax. It's just a screwing of the lower and middle class, for no benefit to anyone. It's disgusting.

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby floppi » Jan 8th, 2019, 9:04 am

What else is new, this has been going on for years. Does anyone really know where a specific tax dollars go to be spent? it's not a right or left thing is it? I'm pretty sure Harper outspent them all in taxpayer hog trough swelling.
floppi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 916 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 8th, 2019, 9:24 am

Already posted an answer to Pete’s question. *removed*

And already posted videos backed by statistics and data. *removed* Here they are again though.

I’m suspecting the so called “conservatives” here may be anything but. You’re gonna have to come up with something better than opinion columns, hyperbole or rhetoric if you wish to continue this debate.
Last edited by ferri on Jan 8th, 2019, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room