Liberal Party.

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Liberal Party.

Post by Urbane »

Everything is political with some of you. Due process applies to all just as the Charter of Rights applies to all. I know that some of you would like to have an asterisk followed by "except BC Liberals" but due process does apply to all. Suck it up and move on.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Urbane wrote:Everything is political with some of you. Due process applies to all just as the Charter of Rights applies to all. I know that some of you would like to have an asterisk followed by "except BC Liberals" but due process does apply to all. Suck it up and move on.

The "Charter of Rights" ?? what has that got to do with this ?? Has a new section of the Charter that applies to employment been enacted ???

As for "Due Process", we are talking about the Liberal government ? ..... the same government that has ripped up valid contracts with unions on more than one occasion, the actions later to be deemed illegal by the courts ? Exercising "due process" to make sure that the rights of thousands of union workers wasn't infringed on ?

...and while taking great care to provide Boessenkool with all these “rights”... he was not suspended while all this "due process" was being conducted because ??????????

What happened to the rights of the victim who apparently reports directly to Boessenkool ? That would be fun to come to work for two weeks for her wouldn't it.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Some people are so obsessed with the BC Liberals that common sense goes out the window. Carry on . . .
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

So, what'd he do? Cop a feel and the whole world screams because of it?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

BC politics is the funniest show around.... it combination of Marx Brothers & 3 Stooges. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

grammafreddy wrote:So, what'd he do? Cop a feel and the whole world screams because of it?
That's kind of what I was thinking too.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Urbane wrote:
    grammafreddy wrote:So, what'd he do? Cop a feel and the whole world screams because of it?
That's kind of what I was thinking too.

So it seems to be okay with both of you that he sexually assaulted a woman who works directly FOR him? And this situation was allowed to continue for 2 weeks before anything was done? And all the while Bossenkool, a man of 42 with four nearly grown daughters maintained his position of power and influence in the Clark government?

Holy Neanderthals!

I suppose next you are going to try and say that Bossenkool is the victim here, eh?
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:
    So it seems to be okay with both of you that he sexually assaulted a woman who works directly FOR him? And this situation was allowed to continue for 2 weeks before anything was done? And all the while Bossenkool, a man of 42 with four nearly grown daughters maintained his position of power and influence in the Clark government?

Holy Neanderthals!

I suppose next you are going to try and say that Bossenkool is the victim here, eh?
You know the specifics of the case flaming? You say there was a sexual assault so can we expect police involvement and charges laid? Where did you get your inside info from?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I would hardly say that if he gave his young female staffer a big-brotherly kiss on the cheek or a fatherly pat on the back would cause him to write: "I was involved in an incident where I acted inappropriately. I was wrong, regretted my behaviour very much and immediately and unconditionally apologized."
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:I would hardly say that if he gave his young female staffer a big-brotherly kiss on the cheek or a fatherly pat on the back would cause him to write: "I was involved in an incident where I acted inappropriately. I was wrong, regretted my behaviour very much and immediately and unconditionally apologized."
Ah ha! So it turns out you don't actually know the details. You're assuming. Acting "inappropriately" does not necessarily mean sexual assault and shame on you for jumping to that conclusion. If it turns out there was an actual sexual assault the police will be involved and hopefully charges laid. Until that time we know that a review took place, due process occurred, and the chief of staff is gone. That should be enough to satisfy you.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Urbane wrote:Ah ha! So it turns out you don't actually know the details. You're assuming. Acting "inappropriately" does not necessarily mean sexual assault and shame on you for jumping to that conclusion. If it turns out there was an actual sexual assault the police will be involved and hopefully charges laid. Until that time we know that a review took place, due process occurred, and the chief of staff is gone. That should be enough to satisfy you.

Perhaps you've missed he number of things the Liberals have done in the recent past that hasn't resulted in criminal charges.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

OK Urb, so when you say: "Acting "inappropriately" does not necessarily mean sexual assault..." within the context of him having consumed considerable alcohol and interference with a young lady, what does that imply to YOU?
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:OK Urb, so when you say: "Acting "inappropriately" does not necessarily mean sexual assault..." within the context of him having consumed considerable alcohol and interference with a young lady, what does that imply to YOU?
I know not what happened and I refuse to infer anything at this point. There was a review, Bossenkool tendered his resignation, the premier accepted his resignation, and due process occurred. If there's more to come in the way of actual facts then I'll be interested. In the meantime it looks like case closed. Time to move on.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

no, due process did not occur...what occurred was a two week stall tactic in the hopes that this "inappropriate" act the chief of staff ADMITTED to would be ignored. when a reporter decided he waited long enough, TWO WEEKS later, only then did the premier decide to accept the resignation. why was there a delay? due process? what due process was needed when the person who committed the "inappropriate act" confesses his sin to the premier and he doesnt resign or she doesnt fire him immediately? there was nothing to investigate!!

as usual, liberal apologists pretend their premier did no wrong, she acted appropriately and had to make a hard decision TWO WEEKS AFTER the fact! :dyinglaughing: it must be nice to view life with those rose colored glasses on.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Interesting theory, Logi, with only assumptions to back it up. If you have proof that there was no review please provide a link because I would like to see it.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”