Liberal Party.

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Liberal Party.

Post by Urbane »

Dix's illegal acts were committed when he was working for the NDP government and those actions were in fact actions that he took as Chief of Staff. I'll just say again that it's mind-boggling and hypocritical for you NDP'ers to defend Dix for those illegal acts while complaining that the Liberals weren't quick enough to boot out of this candidate. Partisanship has compromised the ethics of some NDP'ers on here for sure.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

flamingfingers wrote:
It has not been proven that he used constituency funds. Why aren't you raving mad about Foster using taxpayers funds to update an office to the benefit of a prominent Liberal donor? Or outraged because Foster did not step down as chair of a committee that stabbed John Doyle in the back in a clear conflict of interest case?

Lali already admitted he posted illegal ads. Foster hasn't done anything illegal, unlike Lali and unlike Dix. Why aren't you mad at Dix for his silence on Lali's malfeasance?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

And why are you not outraged that premier photo op is wasting $15 MILLION of YOUR TAX DOLLARS on her failed "Jobs Plan" adverts considering that BC LOST 16,000 jobs last month? Some "Jobs Plan" eh? And spending another $11 MILLION of YOUR TAX DOLLARS to host a one-off pig in a poke phoney 'Awards Ceremony" that translates into nothing but a splashy photo op for her?

Something wrong in your prioritizing. But I guess by now you have advanced from drinking the Lib Kool-Aid to taking it intravenously.
Chill
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Why aren't you mad at Dix for his silence on Lali's malfeasance?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Asked and answered.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Flaming, you're conflating policies that you personally don't like with illegal activity. You don't like the government's job plan but that doesn't make it illegal. You should be outraged by Lali's illegal advertising scheme and Dix's silence and rather than defending Dix for his egregious and illegal actions as Chief of Staff you should be outraged.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

*INAPPROPRIATE for this forum/Jo*
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

*more suited to the Political Arena/Jo*
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

*more suited to the Political Arena/Jo*
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

We've heard all of the excuses for NDP "missteps." What a cute term to cover illegal activities. Missteps. One of the things that has been bleedingly obvious on here is the NDP'ers' failure to hold their own party and party members to account. Illegal activities are "missteps" or are "in the past" or "didn't result in a conviction" or "not as bad as Liberal malfeasance" or it doesn't matter because "all of the Liberals are crooks." We've heard them all. I'm against illegal activity no matter which party's members are committing them but it's sad to see so many NDP'ers very much okay with the illegal activities of their guys. Partisan politics at its worst!
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

To me it simply boils down to

"liberal has issues" - get him to step down. (rightfully so)

"NDP has admitted issues" - say nothing and let it hopefully blow over.

The two actions show the character of the parties.

I am in NO WAY happy with how the liberals have done in the past number of years, HOWEVER the NDP have to be better, not simply "the other choice"

I think Dix could have come out and at least scolded his candidate and looked a lot better to the public (or at least me) but his silence tells me that he is ok with these actions and the disappointment is with getting caught.

That is far more troubling in a matter of character to me than simply making poor choices while governing. A leader that feels "missteps" are ok, is not a leader of a province, simply an opportunist. This next election shouldn't even be close, but the more the NDP get out there the less support they seem to retain. IT's not the party faithfuls that will determine the next election but the people in between, and Dix is making them feel that a poor choice is a better choice.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Veovis wrote:To me it simply boils down to

"liberal has issues" - get him to step down. (rightfully so)

"NDP has admitted issues" - say nothing and let it hopefully blow over.

The two actions show the character of the parties.

I am in NO WAY happy with how the liberals have done in the past number of years, HOWEVER the NDP have to be better, not simply "the other choice"

I think Dix could have come out and at least scolded his candidate and looked a lot better to the public (or at least me) but his silence tells me that he is ok with these actions and the disappointment is with getting caught.

That is far more troubling in a matter of character to me than simply making poor choices while governing. A leader that feels "missteps" are ok, is not a leader of a province, simply an opportunist. This next election shouldn't even be close, but the more the NDP get out there the less support they seem to retain. IT's not the party faithfuls that will determine the next election but the people in between, and Dix is making them feel that a poor choice is a better choice.

:rate10:
Not afraid to say "It".
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Urbane wrote: I'm against illegal activity no matter which party's members are committing them ...

:137: So you're not voting Liberal then ?

May I ask:
- Conservative ?
- Green Party ?
- Christian Heritage ?
- Marijuana ?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

steven lloyd wrote: :137: So you're not voting Liberal then ?

May I ask:
    - Conservative ?
    - Green Party ?
    - Christian Heritage ?
    - Marijuana ?
Good try but none of those parties has a hope of forming the government. I vote in every election and don't intend to waste it this time or any other time. You're in a riding that you say isn't competitive so you have the luxury of being able to vote for a third party candidate and not worry about the result. That's not necessarily the case in my riding though.

I will give you some credit Steven for at least recognizing the malfeasance of the NDP past and present. One poster on here even excuses Dix's backdating of that memo, when Dix was Principal Secretary to the Premier, by telling us that doing such a thing is just what a good employee does for his boss. Unlike many on here who are NDP'ers through and through you do see the flaws with them as well as with the Liberals. We'll just have to disagree about which party is better/worse for the province.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Urbane wrote: We'll just have to disagree about which party is better/worse for the province.

As long as you recognize your own efforts in defending the Liberals are no different than those defending the NDP.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”