Liberal Party.

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Liberal Party.

Post by steven lloyd »

Alvis wrote: Do you honestly think the BC Conservatives will do any different job than the BC Liberals, ... .

Its not like we have a lot of options to choose from in this province. We are going to have to give someone a chance. The most important thing is removing this current group of clowns. If we have to do that again in four years then we have to do it again. Until we start voting these corrupt and malfeasant regimes out of power we will continue to get more of the same.
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

steven lloyd wrote:
Alvis wrote: Do you honestly think the BC Conservatives will do any different job than the BC Liberals, ... .

Its not like we have a lot of options to choose from in this province. We are going to have to give someone a chance. The most important thing is removing this current group of clowns. If we have to do that again in four years then we have to do it again. Until we start voting these corrupt and malfeasant regimes out of power we will continue to get more of the same.

"most important thing is removing this current group of clowns"
Couldn't agree more, which begs the question: "Why elect the party made up from the people who left the "current group of clowns?"
Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Alvis wrote: "Why elect the party made up from the people who left the "current group of clowns?"

Well - gotta at least give them credit for that. The malfeasance associated with the Liberals comes from of a small group of deceitful insiders who are colluding with outside private interests to realize benefit at the cost of the average taxpayer.
Last edited by steven lloyd on Oct 16th, 2012, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScottSA
Fledgling

Post by ScottSA »

Alvis wrote:"most important thing is removing this current group of clowns"
Couldn't agree more, which begs the question: "Why elect the party made up from the people who left the "current group of clowns?"

Of course we left the Liberals, but that should suggest that we're not like them. Quite different in fact. Contrary to the stereotypes some folks like to paste us with, we're not "far right" unless far right is taken to mean pro-small business and efficient, effective government. The Liberals long ago sold out to corporate interests, and the NDP is solidly in the big-government-solution camp. There's a huge gap in the middle where the little guy belongs. My wife, for example, is a nurse and a member of the BCNU. I'm a small business owner. Neither one of us is an ideologue by any means - just people trying to do something about stifling regulation and greenwashed tax grabs.

There IS a way to make government more efficient. There IS a way to direct its efforts toward areas government is needed while pulling it out of areas government has no business being in. We need folks who understand the responsibilities of government but understand too the limits of government.
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

ScottSA wrote:
Alvis wrote:"most important thing is removing this current group of clowns"

Of course we left the Liberals, but that should suggest that we're not like them. Quite different in fact. Contrary to the stereotypes some folks like to paste us with, we're not "far right" unless far right is taken to mean pro-small business and efficient, effective government. The Liberals long ago sold out to corporate interests, and the NDP is solidly in the big-government-solution camp. There's a huge gap in the middle where the little guy belongs. My wife, for example, is a nurse and a member of the BCNU. I'm a small business owner. Neither one of us is an ideologue by any means - just people trying to do something about stifling regulation and greenwashed tax grabs.

There IS a way to make government more efficient. There IS a way to direct its efforts toward areas government is needed while pulling it out of areas government has no business being in. We need folks who understand the responsibilities of government but understand too the limits of government.

We aren't going to find it on the right either. You guys (IE the right) have had many more chances at governing than the other side and you blow it each and every time. I heard your spiel back in 1996 and 2001. When you finally got in, you set about on a campaign of squandering and pillaging. Now, because you're under another name, you expect us to believe you have changed your spots? Although, for you I understand, BC did give Gordon Campbell 3 kicks at the can.

Maybe te Scored's could fool peple into believing they had changed when they became BC Liberals. You know, unlike so many, I have not forgotten.
Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
ScottSA
Fledgling

Post by ScottSA »

Well, I guess you won't be voting for us then!
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

ScottSA wrote:Well, I guess you won't be voting for us then!

For a guy who claims to be the Okanagan Vernon candidate, you sure don't seem to want to address anything. Your response is somthing the BC Liberals or even worse Mitt Romney would say.

Pathetic.
Tommy Douglas
ScottSA
Fledgling

Post by ScottSA »

What response would you like me to make? I told you where I'm coming from and what the BC Conservatives' intentions are. If you disagree with those intentions I'll be glad to address your concerns, but all you've done is drag in a defunct party, equate us to them, and tell me you don't believe me. Do you feel that's a conversation that has legs?
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

hahaha nice
christy allows a mp to steal $118,000 and then they find no criminal wrongdoing.
thats families first for sure,
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... eipts.html
i wonder how much the liberals are going to steal from BC before getting voted out.
Darkre
Board Meister

Post by Darkre »

keith1612 wrote:hahaha nice
christy allows a mp to steal $118,000 and then they find no criminal wrongdoing.
i wonder how much the liberals are going to steal from BC before getting voted out.

This wasn't an MP it was a bureaucrat within the B.C. Justice Ministry. Not a whole lot better but you can't blame this one on Christie Clark. The Liberals reaction, which seems to be to shrug it off as an oversight, that you can blame on her.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Darkre wrote:
keith1612 wrote:hahaha nice

This wasn't an MP it was a bureaucrat within the B.C. Justice Ministry. Not a whole lot better but you can't blame this one on Christie Clark. The Liberals reaction, which seems to be to shrug it off as an oversight, that you can blame on her.

sorry good point.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I would question that. Look at any large company around the world and no matter how far they seem disconnected I believe you will find the CEO and board are ultimately responsible for all arms of the company. I would say that is very similar to our government. We elect them and they appoint or whatever people in these different arms and I would say are ultimately responsible. That is why they are paid the big bucks. Just my opinion.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

IMO modern Canadian politicians, no matter what "party label" they choose to wear, really have little to no day to day (or even session to session) control over the bureaucracies they supposedly govern through, and who get to play so loose with the taxpayer's money. What's more, "democracy" in BC (even Canada) - the idea of doing the people's business in public through full, open, and transparent legislative work and process, independent discussion, and debate by those elected to "represent" us ......is effectively dead.

Long known how useless and largely unused the BC Legislature is for its primary purpose,while behind the scenes special private and political interests manipulate the governmental agenda, ...even our federal Parliament similarly, .......now apparently even the Ontario Liberals have followed suit and found out how easy it is to eliminate their provincial legislature as anything meaningful and democratic, ...or even necessary since partisan political purpose is obviously better served without it getting in the way.

Problem is, those who should have the responsibility to do the work and fix our badly bastardized and broken "parliamentary system" (particularly at the provincial level), ....are also the one's who have the most to lose and answer for should they set out to do so.

Nab
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

:rate10:

And the current Liberals have to be possibly the worst I have ever seen. That is why we must get rid of them and any sucessors who follow the same trail until they get the idea. Somehow we must get back to a government who governs openly for the people. Maybe we never have had or never will but we should at least try to get it headed in that direction because as you say we have drifted completely off course and it only seems to be getting worse. We the people of Canada have sat back too long and allowed certain entities to gather too much power in politics. Entities that actually should have zero power.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Smurf wrote: And the current Liberals have to be possibly the worst I have ever seen. That is why we must get rid of them and any sucessors who follow the same trail until they get the idea. Somehow we must get back to a government who governs openly for the people.

There is nothing more important in this next election than removing this current group of stagnant, corrupt and malfeasant clowns from power. We can do the same to the next group in four years, if necessary, but this current group needs to be turfed now. Sadly, this is what it has come to in our provincial politics. Rather than voting people into power, we have to start voting our provincial parties out of power. If we don’t then we send the clear and unmistakable message that we are okay if our politicians mismanage our tax dollars, hide and cover up for that mismanagement and steal from us. Only we can stop this and if we don’t we deserve to continue getting screwed over. If nothing changes then nothing changes,

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”