Liberal Party.

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Liberal Party.

Post by flamingfingers »

Oh, I totally agree there was a 'review'. What I absolutely do not believe is that is took TWO WEEKS!!

Head of Review Team to young lady: "Did Ken Bossenkool act inappropriately towards you on September 7?" YL: Yes, yes he did. He ________ me right in front of everybody, including members of the press who had been golfing with us that day and my husband."

Head of Review Team to Ken Bossenkool: "Did you _______ that young lady or otherwise act inappropriately towards her on September 7?" KB: "Well, yes, you see I had a fair bit to drink and I __________ her. Of course, I realized that was a huge mistake and I apologized immediately and without reservation."

Head of Review Team to husband of woman: "Did you see or did your wife tell you that Ken Bossenkool acted inappropriately towards your wife on September 7?" Husband: "Yes, I saw him _______ her and she was very, very upset about it... after all, he is her supervisor....."

Head of Review Team to members of press, MLAs and others in attendance that evening: "Did you witness Ken Bossenkool _____________ Mrs.Anonymous and/or otherwise act inappropriately towards her on September 7?" "Yes." "No." "She was upset." I saw him _________her."

End of "review"..... Like maybe half a day?
Chill
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

Funny how acting inappropriate towards an opposite sex subordinate ,to whom one works with.Inapproporiatly enough to cause one to become under review by ones employer and , to have done something so inappropriate as to have to resign.Enough to cause great embarrassment to ones families and friends. All that is expectable to the Liberal apologists.But miss placing a sky train ticket garners page after page of condemnation and disgust and such disdain on castanet forums.
No wonder Christy Clark and her band of fools ,poll so low on the female vote.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maple leaf wrote:Funny how acting inappropriate towards an opposite sex subordinate ,to whom one works with.Inapproporiatly enough to cause one to become under review by ones employer and , to have done something so inappropriate as to have to resign.Enough to cause great embarrassment to ones families and friends. All that is expectable to the Liberal apologists.But miss placing a sky train ticket garners page after page of condemnation and disgust and such disdain on castanet forums.
    No wonder Christy Clark and her band of fools ,poll so low on the female vote.
Who's saying that what he did was acceptable? Supporting due process is quite different than saying what he did (whatever it was) was acceptable. This episode is certainly an example of how ugly politics can get. Whether someone is NDP or Liberal should have no bearing on the need for due process.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

Urbane wrote:Who's saying that what he did was acceptable? Supporting due process is quite different than saying what he did (whatever it was) was acceptable. This episode is certainly an example of how ugly politics can get. Whether someone is NDP or Liberal should have no bearing on the need for due process.

grammafreddy wrote:So, what'd he do? Cop a feel and the whole world screams because of it?

Urbane wrote:
    grammafreddy wrote:So, what'd he do? Cop a feel and the whole world screams because of it?
That's kind of what I was thinking too.

yea no big deal nothing wrong here, move along now.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maple leaf wrote:
    yea no big deal nothing wrong here, move along now.
I have no idea what he actually did. I could certainly suggest some scenarios (but I won't) that would be "no big deal" but he thought his actions were serious enough to resign. So be it. Good to hear it isn't a police matter though.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

And I guess the 'review' found so as well... and then the real threat of having Jas Johal air the story was sufficient to motivate our 'decisive' premier to finally do something about it. What a joke!!
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:And I guess the 'review' found so as well... and then the real threat of having Jas Johal air the story was sufficient to motivate our 'decisive' premier to finally do something about it. What a joke!!
You don't know that at all. You're just speculating just as you're speculating about what happened during the actual incident. In any event the guy resigned and is gone even though the incident didn't rise to the level of it being a police matter. Perhaps if you were a bit more objective you'd be satisfied with that. This really shouldn't be a political matter at all. It's time to move on . . .
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

This really shouldn't be a political matter at all.

Why on earth not? He was a political appointee, second in power to the premier of the province and it is not 'political'????
Chill
mrj222
Übergod

Post by mrj222 »

Mountain out of a freaking mole hill or what. Did he deserve to be fired? obviously yes. Should he have been fired immediately upon admitting what he did? yup. Did they delay things for political reasons that are now backfiring? yup. Is this really that important of an issue? nope.

If we're going to lambaste clark and the liberals lets do it over the vast and plentiful legitimate reasons to do so.. this while a pretty poor showing is peanuts compared to the rest of the garbage going on with our current government..
We can't stop here, this is bat country!
mrj222
Übergod

Post by mrj222 »

flamingfingers wrote:
This really shouldn't be a political matter at all.

Why on earth not? He was a political appointee, second in power to the premier of the province and it is not 'political'????

No it's really not. Her delay in asking for his resignation was politically motivated and she looks like a moron for it. To me it looks like all offending parties have been punished matter closed.

edit:

Droning on and on about this is like when people drone on and on about a free deck/missing sky train ticket. The issues have been resolved, move on.
We can't stop here, this is bat country!
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Ken Bossenkool is gone; the premier and her obfuscation of this and many, many other issues is not! And that IS an issue!

Have a look:

.. snip…
And, appropo of absolutely everything, it appears that 'stonewalling' and our current premier, Ms. Christy Clark, are suddenly, finally, together in the news - where they belong.

In fact, Justine Hunter raised the matter in her Globe piece today when she quoted a marketing expert from SFU on the matter of the two week super-secret stonewall that was carefully constructed before the 'sudden' resignation of Ms. Clark's former right hand man Ken Boessenkool earlier this week:

For two weeks, Premier Christy Clark was aware of allegations of misconduct by her top political appointee involving a female subordinate. But Ms. Clark refused to explain Tuesday why her chief of staff Ken Boessenkool remained on the job until media inquiries about the incident led to his dismissal...

{snippety doodle}

...That secrecy only makes matters worse in the public’s eye, said marketing expert Lindsay Meredith, from Simon Fraser University’s Beedie School of Business. “From a damage-control standpoint, the one thing that will get you in a lot of trouble is stonewalling,”
he said...

But here's the thing.

In my opinion, Ms. Clark's demonstrated ability to 'stonewall' is not a new thing.

Or, to put it more bluntly, I believe she has actually been stonewalling we, the people, of British Columbia for a full eight years.

…snip…

The rest is here:

http://pacificgazette.blogspot.ca/
Chill
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

After knowing about the transgression,Clark went to China taking Boessenkool along,nice reward.
What dew process was needed, to take 2 weeks, after he owned up to it and admitted it.
It comes down to Clark waiting to see if it would blow over before having to go public ,and then only went public when forced to by the media.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

maple leaf wrote:After knowing about the transgression,Clark went to China taking Boessenkool along,nice reward.
What dew process was needed, to take 2 weeks, after he owned up to it and admitted it.
It comes down to Clark waiting to see if it would blow over before having to go public ,and then only went public when forced to by the media.

That is correct. :smt038
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

If I were Premier of British Columbia and if I were travelling to China I would definitely want my chief of staff along with me. There are some real issues to discuss . . . move along . . .
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Urbane wrote:If I were Premier of British Columbia and if I were travelling to China I would definitely want my chief of staff along with me. There are some real issues to discuss . . . move along . . .

Wow!! So you are willing to turn a blind eye to his transgressions because there are "some real issues to discuss". What a slap in the face to a woman who was abused. Now you show your real colors as a dyed in the wool MCP. How would you feel if it was YOUR daughter/wife/sister who was treated in this manner?

"Oh, never mind dear, Bossenkool and Christie have 'real issues to discuss'." Sheeesh!
Chill

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”