BC Conservative Party option.

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC Conservative Party option.

Post by NAB »

What's your view on Cummin's choice of ridings to run in Scott? And what are his reasons for that decision? It makes little sense to me.

And in your case, I hope you do win in Vernon and area - because it would make me and a number of other people very happy to see Foster turfed ....and it appears no one else has even a remote chance.

Nab
ScottSA
Fledgling

Post by ScottSA »

Thanks NAB - I think:) I like it more when folks say they're going to vote for me because of my stunning intellect and smashing good looks...or...uh...anything...rather than "because I don't like the other guy." But hey, I'll take it!

I can't speak for John, but I think he sees the big picture and understands that four months is quite literally an eternity in politics. In the last four months, we've seen the BC Conservatives climb higher than the Liberals in the polls, then fall to the point where most pundits wrote us off entirely, and I'll hazard a guess that we'll be climbing back up in the next poll and higher yet in the poll after that. If I were John, I'd be thinking that by the time the election rolls around the Liberals will be in full self-destruct mode and the BC Conservatives will be the obvious center-right replacement. And that will hold true in John's riding as well as a lot of other ridings that are currently seen as Liberal strongholds. Again, though...I haven't talked to John about his reasons for running in Langley, so this is all just my speculation.
ScottSA
Fledgling

Post by ScottSA »

Four days before the 2009 election, when a BC Liberal victory was all but certain, a prominent Liberal supporter, patronage appointee, and long-time Foster friend - also married to Foster's Executive Assistant - bought a long-vacant, run-down building in dire need of renovations.

Almost immediately upon election, Mr. Foster announced a move out of the reasonably-priced, wheelchair accessible premises his predecessor occupied in Sun Valley Mall to his friend's newly-purchased building, in spite of the fact that it was run-down and in need of substantial renovation. Foster immediately commissioned $78,000 worth of renovations and THEN commenced four years of lease payments that were almost twice as much as the lease his predecessor was paying.

Four years later, after sinking well over $250,000 in taxpayer funds into a building that originally cost only $189,000 to buy, Mr. Foster's political crony now owns, free and clear, a substantially upgraded building entirely bought and paid for by BC taxpayers.

The BC Conservatives are lifting a rock and shining a light under it because we don't think taxpayer money should be used to enrich political cronies. We don't think that's right.

If the Conflict of Interest Commissioner didn't have all the details of this transaction, we think he should re-open the case. If he DID have all the details and found no conflict of interest anyway, then Mr. Foster's fiasco is emblematic of a much larger problem with politics in BC.

After all, Mr. Foster also said: "I think [the BC Conservatives would be well served to find out who owns buildings of other MLA's around the province, on both sides of the House."

On this point we think Mr. Foster is right. If this kind of cronyism is widespread across both the Liberals and NDP, we'll root it out once and for all. If Mr. Foster is not the only one who practices this kind of cronyism at taxpayers' expense, then both the NDP and the BC Liberals had better look out for the BC Conservatives.
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

ScottSA wrote:....

....then both the NDP and the BC Liberals had better look out for the BC Conservatives.

Really? You mean that blue line indicating BC Conservative support is supposed to go down?

Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
ScottSA
Fledgling

Post by ScottSA »

Alvis wrote:Really? You mean that blue line indicating BC Conservative support is supposed to go down?

I take it you like this kind of behaviour by your MLA then?
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

ScottSA wrote:

I take it you like this kind of behaviour by your MLA then?

I don't but you must. You're party is full of his kind, the ex BC Liberal.
I recall you claiming you were going to rip off your expense account too.
"You should be far more concerned about the expense accounts I'll have access to and how I use them. There's not a lot of money to be had from salary alone as an MLA. " ScottSA.

Your words.
Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
ScottSA
Fledgling

Post by ScottSA »

Alvis wrote:I don't but you must. You're party is full of his kind, the ex BC Liberal.
I recall you claiming you were going to rip off your expense account too.
"You should be far more concerned about the expense accounts I'll have access to and how I use them. There's not a lot of money to be had from salary alone as an MLA. " ScottSA.

Your words.

Either your reading comprehension is in a sad state or you're practising the same kind of wilful dishonesty BC citizens have come to expect. At no time have I ever said or hinted that I'm to "rip off" my expense account. Lowbrow childishness of the sort you're playing at really takes away from the forum.
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

ScottSA wrote:
Either your reading comprehension is in a sad state or you're practising the same kind of wilful dishonesty BC citizens have come to expect. At no time have I ever said or hinted that I'm to "rip off" my expense account. Lowbrow childishness of the sort you're playing at really takes away from the forum.

Perhaps you can tell us why we ought o be concerned with your expense account and how you use it then? Epsecially after you add in that little bit about how the poor MLA's are so underpaid.

Not even elected yet and already you're behaving as we'd expect with all the deflection and whining about people twisiting your words. You said it, I didn't.
Tommy Douglas
ScottSA
Fledgling

Post by ScottSA »

Remember that other people are watching this board Alvin, and they can read what I wrote as well. No one this side of sanity would agree with your silly assessment that I said I'm planning to "rip off" my expense account, so I suggest you take a break from this silliness.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

i wonder what the governors and leaders think of one of the people that wants to run for their party is in a forum doing childish *bleep* for tat nonsense? so far if i had any inkling of voting for you the desire would be deteriorating with every word of every petty response you feel compelled to make. in your case scott silence should be golden.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

The ndp will win .people are voting out the liberals . Conservative votes only rob the liberals. Yay 4 more years of the social silly party.
Peace be with you.
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

sooperphreek wrote:i wonder what the governors and leaders think of one of the people that wants to run for their party is in a forum doing childish *bleep* for tat nonsense? so far if i had any inkling of voting for you the desire would be deteriorating with every word of every petty response you feel compelled to make. in your case scott silence should be golden.

He wants to be the MLA yet here he is running his mouth and when he gets challenged, he deflects and makes excuses. He claims his words are being twisted, taken out of context you name it.
If this is how he acts on a public internet forum, what is he going to be like in real life? It is scary.

I feel embarrassed for this guy.
Tommy Douglas
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Alvis wrote:... he is running his mouth and when he gets challenged, he deflects and makes excuses. He claims his words are being twisted, taken out of context you name it.

I think you just described 95% of posters here.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

sooperphreek wrote:i wonder what the governors and leaders think of one of the people that wants to run for their party is in a forum doing childish *bleep* for tat nonsense? so far if i had any inkling of voting for you the desire would be deteriorating with every word of every petty response you feel compelled to make.

Alvis wrote: He wants to be the MLA yet here he is running his mouth and when he gets challenged, he deflects and makes excuses. He claims his words are being twisted, taken out of context you name it. If this is how he acts on a public internet forum, what is he going to be like in real life? It is scary. I feel embarrassed for this guy.

I’m not promoting the Conservatives by any stretch when I say this; however, unlike so many others who post on this forum, I have yet to read anything posted by Scott that he needs to feel embarrassed about. He’s entitled to hold his own views and has always been respectful in stating them. Some of the rest of you are just plain silly and an embarrassment to yourselves.

(write us another 700 word, single sentence paragraph soops)
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

Captain Awesome wrote:
I think you just described 95% of posters here.

True but they aren't claiming to be politcal candidates.
Tommy Douglas

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”