Why should I vote Liberal?

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Why should I vote Liberal?

Post by French Castanut »

Okay, so let's say for example that I'm fairly new to BC and don't know much about BC politics, why should I vote Liberal?
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Why should I vote Liberal?

Post by kibbs »

because you are conservative.
Last edited by kibbs on May 7th, 2013, 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

You should vote Liberal because as sad as it may seem, it's the only sane choice. Ignore the communists.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Vote Liberal if you want more of this:
Attachments
political ads.JPG
Chill
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

To compete with her, the left leaning members of the general public decided to have the HST cost and addition 1.6 billion dollars.

I think it let's the Liberals know that the public in general will spite themselves, no matter what and that perhaps no money telling them the information should be wasted, simply an ad telling them to get over it as last time we informed you you ignored it anyways.
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

Only a sadist would vote liberal this time around.

Give the conservatives a shot. They couldn't possibly be worse than the liberals.
Last edited by Sn0man on May 7th, 2013, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^No governing party at all would be an improvement from the Liberals! Belgium went without a government for nearly a year. We could take a page from them, eh?
Chill
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Sn0man wrote:Give the conservatives a shot. They couldn't possibly be worse than the liberals.

Sadly I think after evaluation the one in my area is.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

It's the last week of the campaign and the campaign "wild and silly season" is upon us, particularly with Liberal candidates and many of their supporters, ...the period when the Liberal liars really start to fine tune their act on the exaggeration and embellishment front. Tomorrow I will vote for the B.C. Conservative candidate in my riding, ......and tune out everything anyone says or does from that point until the results start to come in.

Nab
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

You shouldn't, anyone but the liberals.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

flamingfingers wrote:Vote Liberal if you want more of this:

That's crazy eh!
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The NDP don't like the good news but it is good news!

Unemployment down in B-C in April
VANCOUVER/CKNW AM980
Marcella Bernardo
5/10/2013

Heading into the last weekend before the provincial election, the latest numbers show more jobs have been created in British Columbia, but they're not coming from resource-based industries.

The unemployment rate dropped to 6.4% in April from 7% in March.

Vincent Ferrao --an analyst with Stats Canada-- says that translates into about 10,000 more people finding work.

He says, "the increase was mostly in full-time work. a lot of that was in services --finance, insurance and leasing. Also, health care and social assistance and there were smaller increases elsewhere."

He says there wasn't much change in natural resource-based jobs.. with about 48-thousand people working in those industries.

B-C now has the fourth lowest unemployment rate in Canada... behind Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba.

Saying she won't settle for anything less than first place in Canada, Premier Christy Clark is promising more job creation by boosting trade with Asia.

Speaking on a rooftop at the Vancouver Port, Clark says she's pleased the province's unemployment rate has improved,
but adds, "I want us to be number 1. Uunemployment went down again but we have to keep working to push that unemployment rate down even further. We need to keep pushing the numbers of jobs up. We have a plan, and it's working."

As for NDP claims bc's actually lost close to 11-thousand private sector jobs, Clark says the New Democrats have their own way of doing math.

NDP Finance Critic Bruce Ralston says the number of lost jobs in the private sector proves the Liberal Jobs Plan is an abject failure.

And he says the unemployment rate went down because more people have given up looking for a job.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”