Why should I vote NDP

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Why should I vote NDP

Post by French Castanut »

Okay, so let's say for example that I'm fairly new to BC and don't know much about BC politics, why should I vote NPD?
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Why should I vote NPD

Post by Anonymous123 »

French Castanut wrote:Okay, so let's say for example that I'm fairly new to BC and don't know much about BC politics, why should I vote NPD?

No reason at all.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Because you are a liberal.
Last edited by kibbs on May 7th, 2013, 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peace be with you.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Because you are a left wing commie nut bar with absolutely no memory of the horrific mess the province was in last time the NDP were in power.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

Huh
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Pacific
Fledgling

Re: Why should I vote NDP

Post by Pacific »

The calibre of discussion on this election board is like grade 3 quality. Spamming, elementary style insults, people trolling in every thread. Seriously embarassing for some posters on both sides of the equation.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Pacific wrote:The calibre of discussion on this election board is like grade 3 quality. Spamming, elementary style insults, people trolling in every thread. Seriously embarassing for some posters on both sides of the equation.

Fair enough Pacific, I admit I was being a smart alec. My apologies. Really though, can anyone, without telling me what the current government has done wrong, tell me why I should vote NDP?
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Pacific wrote:The calibre of discussion on this election board is like grade 3 quality. Spamming, elementary style insults, people trolling in every thread. Seriously embarassing for some posters on both sides of the equation.

Well said Pacific!!
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

j watson wrote:
Fair enough Pacific, I admit I was being a smart alec. My apologies. Really though, can anyone, without telling me what the current government has done wrong, tell me why I should vote NDP?

You hit the nail 100% on the head. The NDP are saying "Change for the better" yet anyone with any memory capacity that was alive in the 1990's in BC knows that they do bring change, for sure, but it's never "for the better". Everything the NDP brings is "for the worse". How some people can continually forget that just boggles the mind.

So as you said - without bashing the Liberals or outright lying - why should I vote NDP?
Not afraid to say "It".
fiscalmind

Post by fiscalmind »

logicalview wrote:You hit the nail 100% on the head. The NDP are saying "Change for the better" yet anyone with any memory capacity that was alive in the 1990's in BC knows that they do bring change, for sure, but it's never "for the better". Everything the NDP brings is "for the worse". How some people can continually forget that just boggles the mind.

So as you said - without bashing the Liberals or outright lying - why should I vote NDP?

Child Poverty in BC is 2nd worst in the Province, the NDP at least have a plan to try and address this. The liberals are hoping it will just go away.

http://www.bcndp.ca/plan/povertyequality wrote:1. Significantly reduce child poverty
Raise household incomes for low- and moderate-income families with children by investing $210 million a year in a BC Family Bonus program. Families will receive an additional $60 to $70 per child per month, for children under the age of 18, up to $829 per year. This initiative will lift an estimated 8,400 children and their families out of poverty.
Introduce a legislated Poverty Reduction Strategy with targets and timelines.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

So families now get the equivalent free iPad a year if they don't have enough money.

How does the money be assured to be spent for the benefit of the children?

I agree helping people is good, just handing over 210 million to be spent freely will likely mean it gets spent poorly. Quite often in these cases the kids are in this position due to having caregivers that aren't good at making good decisions.

I commend you on at least posting a reason that wasn't simply a Liberal insult, however I personally don't think "throw money at it and hope it goes away" has been working in school systems and healthcare, and therefore don't see it as a good plan of action here either, and therefore not actually a reason to vote NDP.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I personally don't think "throw money at it and hope it goes away" has been working in school systems and healthcare,

What guarantee do we have that the ChristyLiberals will do anything differently than they have done in the past 12+ years that obviously 'has not been working'?
Chill
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

You see the challenge was to try to give support to the NDP, not regurgitate your fully known dislike of Christy Clark.

I see you had no disagreement with the fact I seem to find the NDP policy to almost assuradly be a complete failure, but can only say "but Chrity, and *bleep* and grrrr, hate liberals"

You're welcome to that, but it only shows the exact reason most people shouldn't vote NDP. There's no thought, or discussion, just yelling "look at them look at them, please hate them"

At least fiscal tried, and may think that policy is a good one, and that's fine as well, at least it was more than "FF hate Christy"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The other problem is that the BCTF executive members have been screaming about how bad things are in education and some people believe it. In fact because of all that screaming some parents have moved their kids to private schools. But BC students have actually been doing very well in comparison to other jurisdictions and special needs students have lots of support as well. Of course the NDP will tell you that our education system and our health care system are in chaos but neither of those assertions is true.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Veovis wrote:You see the challenge was to try to give support to the NDP, not regurgitate your fully known dislike of Christy Clark.

I see you had no disagreement with the fact I seem to find the NDP policy to almost assuradly be a complete failure, but can only say "but Chrity, and *bleep* and grrrr, hate liberals"

You're welcome to that, but it only shows the exact reason most people shouldn't vote NDP. There's no thought, or discussion, just yelling "look at them look at them, please hate them"

At least fiscal tried, and may think that policy is a good one, and that's fine as well, at least it was more than "FF hate Christy"

Good point. Full marks to Fiscalmind for being one of the few NDP supporters on these boards that responded with something insightful rather than just the usual vitriol and nonsensical rabid anti-Liberal ranting. While I too disagree with the NDP plan of just throwing money we don't have even with the NDP's proposed silly tax hikes at the perceived "child poverty" (I hate that phrase as it is so sanctimonious - it's "family poverty" if anything) problem, which is their plan for every perceived societal ill or problem, at least that is one tiny tangible thing that possibly could cause some people to think about voting NDP. Well done Fiscalmind. You get an orange star (or Red star if you indeed want to be a true Adrian Dix NDP'er). Does anyone have any others?
Not afraid to say "It".

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”