Why should I vote NDP

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Why should I vote NDP

Post by flamingfingers »

^ No Independent?
Chill
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Having a similar problem of deciding who to vote for Sudsy. The options are dismal.
BTW kibbs, the Provincial Liberals and the Federal Liberals are not one and the same. Our BC Provincial Liberals are more aligned with the Federal Conservatives.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^Christy Clark is a dyed-in-the wool FEDERAL Liberal. That is why she cannot hold this coalition together.
Chill
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Ah. Somehow that makes sense...for her.
Campbell is a Conservative and so are most of the BC Liberals that used to support the Social Credit Party.
I don't particularly like/believe ANY of the leaders of ANY of the provincial parties. I have never seen such a dismal selection.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^Best scenario I could imagine the way things are shaping up is a NDP minority with a mix of Cons and Independents holding the balance of power. I am impressed with Vicky, Bob and John plugging away. My ideal situation would be a virtual takeover by Independents who are NOT aligned with this ridiculous polarized party system. But we are too immature politically speaking to visualize a No-Party System of government.
Chill
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

flamingfingers wrote:^ No Independent?

Not one I would vote for and there is not a green candidate either.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Piecemaker wrote:I don't particularly like/believe ANY of the leaders of ANY of the provincial parties. I have never seen such a dismal selection.

I agree, not one I will support.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

For sure not one worth supporting. There are some decent candidates out there but when they are forced to follow party lines they become as useless as the worst.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Last edited by fluffy on May 12th, 2013, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Its_Like_That
Fledgling

Post by Its_Like_That »

Voting for the NDP in BC means one or more of the following five items applies to you.
1) You are pro union and are most likely working for the public sector.
2) You live off the tax handouts with little to no need to make a better go of it and really work for a living.
3) You're a mindless fool that would cut off their nose to spite their face because you think voting for the NDP will punish the Liberals not thinking what it will do to this province after the NDP get in and ruins it.
4) You were not living in BC when the NDP had their last turn in the 1990's and drove away businesses along with those jobs and raised EVERYONE's taxes to pay for the vacuum that loss created all the while the rest of Canada was doing quite well.
5) Same as point 4 except you were here but too young to have noticed or too stoned to have cared but you will know what it's like to be well and properly screwed by your government

IF you actually vote in the NDP.
There is no chance the NDP will do a better job than the Liberal at keeping or making more jobs while the world markets are circling the drain but I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that you will be paying more taxes, taking home less and you will or your friends will be directly affected by the cutbacks and job losses. If you don't believe me just look at the NDP history in BC starting with their last turn in the 1990's. I sure hope you think before you vote because you will sting from being bent over a barrel for four years being slowly bled dry by the NDP.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

flamingfingers wrote:My ideal situation would be a virtual takeover by Independents who are NOT aligned with this ridiculous polarized party system. But we are too immature politically speaking to visualize a No-Party System of government.

I agree with you on that. I think any hope for significant reform in an obviously broken political system lays with having enough independents sitting to pull governing power away from big parties. Voter representation takes second place to party policy in the current system and there's something intrinsically wrong with that. I've been spoiled by being involved with a huge volunteer organization where all policy decisions are made at the individual level and the hierarchy of elected representatives is basically a communication network for getting information back and forth. There is no paycheque although expenses are covered, representatives are committed and vested in getting the work done. The structure is designed with the intent of keeping personal agendas out of the picture. It's a treat to see it operate, but it also has the effect of revealing what a self-serving farce our government has become.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

BTW kibbs, the Provincial Liberals and the Federal Liberals are not one and the same. Our BC Provincial Liberals are more aligned with the Federal Conservatives.

Yes I realize this but when Campbell was elected it was Cretian thanking him for promoting the liberal brand as he chuckled. If we want any cooperation from Harper they are most aligned ,if he loses favor and Justin is elected ,we still look good.
If you vote ndp your only friends`are greenhorns in Quebec. The bonus bucks come from the top.
Peace be with you.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”