Why should I vote NDP

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
fiscalmind

Re: Why should I vote NDP

Post by fiscalmind »

So your happy with having the highest rates of child poverty in the country. And the way the MCF has been run is just great?

Sorry but the Liberals have had 12 years to make things better. Well I guess were second worst in child poverty now but that just means were the first looser...
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Well I guess were second worst in child poverty now but that just means were the first looser...

Compared to where? another province? Maybe our kids need more work like in third world countries.Study that big Dix.
The ndp just means more red tape and that is what going wrong with child welfare . Too many heads in the wrong place and not enough helping hands on the kids.
Peace be with you.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

A couple or three decades watching Canadian politics has taught me that "study" means "we're going to put that issue on the shelf until after the election, and then flush it completely". Don't fool yourself for a second that what we are hearing from both Dix and Clark is going to hold any meaning at all past Tuesday.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

"study" means "we're going to put that issue on the shelf until after the election, and then flush it completely"

Politics is the art of delaying a decision until its no longer a problem ,its a necessity.
We needed a new bridge and hospital so bad we didn't care what it looked like in the end, we were just grateful to get it.
I think that's what Walter is saying.
Peace be with you.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

kibbs wrote:Politics is the art of delaying a decision until its no longer a problem ,its a necessity.

You've got that right. And every time a new party takes over we go back to square one. Like four-laning 97 through the Okanagan, the first time that promise came out it was the So-Creds under WAC Bennett and it's still a work in progress. Liberal or NDP, these clowns are still cut from the same cloth.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

-fluffy- wrote:You've got that right. And every time a new party takes over we go back to square one. Like four-laning 97 through the Okanagan, the first time that promise came out it was the So-Creds under WAC Bennett and it's still a work in progress. Liberal or NDP, these clowns are still cut from the same cloth.

Let's not give the NDP credit for doing anything to Hwy97 though. The most effort put forth toward accomplishing that goal, has been by Liberals. NDP take, Liberals give.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I think good voting strategy would be to align with the feds. conservative or liberal we will get steves final gravy spew. vote ndp and we get tar sand farts blown in our general direction. If you vote liberal you are`also covered when Justin wins.
I think Christi would look real good standing next to Justin in a red dress.So don't vote ndp if your liberal vote lib and spill some blood if they get back in. Vote ndp if you have a degree in the social interaction of gay panda poets and you need a job.
Peace be with you.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

fiscalmind wrote:So your happy with having the highest rates of child poverty in the country. And the way the MCF has been run is just great?

Having the second highest poverty rate in the nation according to who. You can find umpteen different definitions of the the poverty level is. The Tyee says it is this level and the Fraser Institute pegs a different level. Point is it is an arbitrary number that means something different to everyone.
But let us just assume that there are too many people living below a certain level and as a moral and just society (I think we are) we want to do something to help those in genuine need. Lol, "genuine need"......also open to determination of self imposed or unfortunate circumstance. Anyway, for those that need help, the NDP proposal is just throwing a pittance of cash at each family. It is not near enough to make a difference in the lives of these people even assuming it was spent appropriately. If they are stuck in low end jobs, they need skills training, not an extra 70/month. If they live in high unemployment regions, they need local economic stimulus to create a job for them not an extra 70/month. The NDP proposal does nothing to break the cycle, it only perpetuates the dependence. It's the classic of giving the family a fish every day rather than giving them the means to get out and do their own fishing. In the end we will all have more fish.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Mini-moi

Post by Mini-moi »

Check this out:
"Fiscal management slightly better under NDP"

http://thetyee.ca/Blogs/TheHook/2013/05/10/NDP
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Mini-moi wrote:Check this out:
"Fiscal management slightly better under NDP"

http://thetyee.ca/Blogs/TheHook/2013/05/10/NDP

Why would anyone want to read anything that came out of the Tyee lol.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Mini-moi

Post by Mini-moi »

Obviously you wouldn't! It was all over Global the other day as well, oh wait - I'm sure they are all lying too.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Mini-moi wrote:Obviously you wouldn't! It was all over Global the other day as well, oh wait - I'm sure they are all lying too.

"Lying" is a pretty strong word for it but it captures the basic concept. These days it's pretty much a given that just about every information source is applying their own slant to the facts. Where do you go for honest, objective information?
Its_Like_That
Fledgling

Post by Its_Like_That »

-fluffy- wrote:Where do you go for honest, objective information?

Castanet forums are obviously unbiased.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Where do you go for honest, objective information?

There is no one such place. You need to read newspapers, editorials, blogs, even comments on certain subjects and from all those sources form YOUR OWN considered opinion. Read everything and anything from the Fraser Institute, the Tyee, blogs and even articles from the Winnipeg Free Press and Montreal Gazette, Groan and Wail, catch Tweets and Twitters.. You will be able to winnow through and capture at least part of the truth from all that.
Chill
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

flamingfingers wrote: at least part of the truth from all that.

The truth is I am having difficulty finding one candidate in my riding worth voting for. I prefer the Liberal incumbent but I won't support his leader.

I'm leaning towards not voting at all and I hate that.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”