150,000 a year income, NDP and your taxes

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
SurplusElect
Übergod

150,000 a year income, NDP and your taxes

Post by SurplusElect »

Do you make over 150,000 a year?

(less than 1% of Canadians do)

Your taxes wont be going up.

Do you own a big bank that makes 100's of millions of dollars every 4 months?

Did you locate your company in BC solely on the fact we have the lowest corporate taxes in North America and does your companies survival rest on the tax savings and nothing else?

It is amazing how the Monopoly Monocle Man can get people to vote against their best interests.

Also - yesterdays news - 117 out of 126 Enbridge pumping stations violate Canadian safety laws.

As the slogan says - BC's coast is not for sale.
Veovis
Guru

Re: 150,000 a year income, NDP and your taxes

Post by Veovis »

Do you have less than 50,000-100,000 sitting in your bank account?

No?

Well your taxes will be going up, just in the form of "service charges"

Just because groups in power can change what stage they take the money from your pocket, doesn't mean it no longer came from your pocket.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

My move to Alberta will now save me even more. People earning over $ 150K will now pay almost twice as much BC income tax as they will in Alberta. That helps the Alberta advantage. The best part is now that HST is gone you can still live in Alberta but use BC as your playground and not pay any provincial HST on most of the services you utilize when spending time in BC. It's the best of both worlds - for Alberta taxpayers.
Back with a vengeance
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Al Czervic wrote:My move to Alberta will now save me even more. People earning over $ 150K will now pay almost twice as much BC income tax as they will in Alberta. That helps the Alberta advantage. The best part is now that HST is gone you can still live in Alberta but use BC as your playground and not pay any provincial HST on most of the services you utilize when spending time in BC. It's the best of both worlds - for Alberta taxpayers.

Too true Al. And the NDP were the boneheads who supported getting rid of the HST. You think they secretly are in bed with all of those Alberta oil guys? They sure like taking care of you, at the expense of the poor in BC. Unbelievable how gullible the sheep are here in BC, vote down the HST, and now want to make Alberta so attractive to investment to BC as to virtually guarantee the next 4 years are going to be an economic nuclear winter here. The NDP is counting on voters like Bago just never understanding that.
Not afraid to say "It".
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Veovis wrote:Do you have less than 50,000-100,000 sitting in your bank account?

No?

Well your taxes will be going up, just in the form of "service charges"

Just because groups in power can change what stage they take the money from your pocket, doesn't mean it no longer came from your pocket.

That's the banks fault.

They make billions and the tax increase is minor to them. Take your business elsewhere. The banks are being greedy.

Either they pay, or you pay. Worst child poverty in Canada. Someone needs to buck up.

Your service fees going up effects you. Do you think 15 bucks a month bothers the Royal Banks VP's?
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Al Czervic wrote:My move to Alberta will now save me even more. People earning over $ 150K will now pay almost twice as much BC income tax as they will in Alberta. That helps the Alberta advantage. The best part is now that HST is gone you can still live in Alberta but use BC as your playground and not pay any provincial HST on most of the services you utilize when spending time in BC. It's the best of both worlds - for Alberta taxpayers.

So, less than 1% of you will be moving to Alberta? (Where they can't pay their bills and are swimming in oil)

When it comes time to chip into the community that allowed you to get where you are, your wallet tightens up and you jump ship.

Just take it to the Caymans. Ugly.
Last edited by SurplusElect on May 8th, 2013, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

$150K is all it takes to be a 1% in Canada?

I thought it was like $500,000/year or something.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Anyone who thinks that banks wouldn't pass costs on to consumers is deluded.

If the banks took lower profits, every person with a pension in this country would bear the full cost of those lower profits. That includes the Canada Pension Plan which every working person in Canada is part of. Again, the consumer pays.

Thinking that a bank is some non-person entity unto itself is totally absurd.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Credit Union.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

SurplusElect wrote:
That's the banks fault.

They make billions and the tax increase is minor to them. Take your business elsewhere. The banks are being greedy.

Yes it's the banks "fault" for being the best banking system in the world and not going under or needing bail-outs (despite the lies that Ed Broadbent's morally corrupt CCPA tried to spread to the contrary). It's the banks "fault" for running their businesses properly and making money in a system where you make money and pay taxes on that money. That's how the system works, and anything else is just communism.

Either they pay, or you pay.

How about you just pay? How about that. How about all the nuts and losers that want to prattle on about made up stats and cry about how bad things are, how about just you people pay. Because all of these perceived issues are only in your heads. The definition of "social justice" is "The stubborn application of an unworkable solution to an imaginary problem". All of those perceived imaginary problems that require the banks or "you pay" don't need to be solved, because they don't exist in the first place, except in the fevered brains of crazy people.

Worst child poverty in Canada. Someone needs to buck up.

Completely made up stat! Unbelievable!!!!!!! Who has the "worst" child poverty in Canada. Even by the manufactured stats of poverty "advocacy" groups who are just extensions of the NDP, BC doesn't have the "worst", so you are blatantly lying, much like Adrian Yellow-Belly Dix lied during the leader's debate.

Your service fees going up effects you. Do you think 15 bucks a month bothers the Royal Banks VP's?

Of course it does. It means people are going to close their accounts. But the people it bothers most are those same "poor" people that all of the "social justice" wieners claim they want to help. You want to jack the carbon tax? You hurt poor people. You want to jack taxes on banks? You hurt poor people. The NDP hurts poor people, and that's just wrong.
Not afraid to say "It".
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I get a kick out of the fact that Government policy can be converted into the following.

SurplusElect wrote:That's the banks fault.

I assume if they added a food tax that doubled the grocery costs it would also be the stores fault.

When the raise NDP the carbon tax (I mean expand....ha ha they'll raise it too you know it) I assume that will be the corner gas and go's fault.

Do you just blame everyone as a justification for poor choices? IF you got drunk at the bar and got arrested I bet that's the "cops fault" as well.

Sure the banks make lots, and it goes to their shareholders which consist of a vast selection of people and retirement plans. Most of which don't share the opinion that you do that taking their money for policy hobbies is ok, so the costs will realistically just get passed onto the clients, and the clients that often pay the most service charges have the least money.

So when following the actual chain reaction of likely events you seem to be in favor of penalizing low income people, and retirees. Nice.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I don't pay a cent in service charges. I bet that frosts certain posters' patooties.

Lower income folks do pay, however, and they are the ones who will bear the brunt of higher bank taxes.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

If the bank chooses to make billions in profits and still up your service charge because now they actually have to pay *some* tax...

Who's fault is it if you cant afford it and keep your business with them?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

SurplusElect wrote:Who's fault is it if you cant afford it and keep your business with them?

Adrian Dix and the NDP's for raising banking fees to the point of unaffordablilty for lower income folks.

It is, however, a boon for the Cash Mart type businesses, who will gladly cash lower income person's paycheques for 90 cents or less on the dollar.

Dix's plan will simply force lower income people into crappy situations with banking, poor choices will be made at Cash Mart stores on paydays, and the poor get poorer. Thanks, Dix.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

The bank would be raising the fee's, not the NDP.

...if the bank chose the screw their customs that way, that is.

Who knows, maybe they will just raise fee's on high level accounts - or - still make billions - and just actually pay tax.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”