Mary Polak lives up to her reputation!

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Mary Polak lives up to her reputation!

Post by flamingfingers »

You may recall Mary Polak as the Chairperson of the Surrey School Board, where she spent $1 million to keep books that described gay families in a positive light, out of the school system.

Now her campaign manager has quit:

'Marginalized' gay B.C. Liberal campaign manager quits

Todd Hauptman resigned Tuesday, just 1 week ahead of election day
CBC News
Posted: May 7, 2013 12:10 PM PT

The campaign manager for B.C. Liberal candidate Mary Polak has stepped aside because of his concerns with anti-gay sentiments from voters in the riding of Langley.

Todd Hauptman, 26, who is gay, resigned Tuesday morning, just one week ahead of election day.

He told CBC News Polak has been supportive on a personal level, but failed to stand up for the gay community when recently asked about her fight against the inclusion of books promoting gay families while she was a member of the Surrey School Board.

"My friend Mary missed an opportunity and I had to reconcile with who I truly am and my fundamental beliefs, and who I'm working for," he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... ml?cmp=rss
Chill
Veovis
Guru

Re: Mary Polak lives up to her reputation!

Post by Veovis »

I could find all sorts of books not quite right for kindergarten aged kids.

here's one

http://www.amazon.ca/Go-F-Sleep-Adam-Ma ... 1617750255

Considering the final decisions were made by the supreme court appears to be in 2002, 11 years ago, I'm a little surprised Todd was just learning about it, due to that timeline I can't say he has a right to be this dramatic at this point. I could accept him telling her he wouldn't work for her in the first place but waiting till one week in an election left a decade later seems just a little too cute, not really marginalized than opportunistic one could wonder.

I'll be interested in where his next employer comes from in the next few months. It is election time after all, deals get made.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Veovis wrote:
Considering the final decisions were made by the supreme court appears to be in 2002, 11 years ago, I'm a little surprised Todd was just learning about it, due to that timeline I can't say he has a right to be this dramatic at this point. I could accept him telling her he wouldn't work for her in the first place but waiting till one week in an election left a decade later seems just a little too cute, not really marginalized than opportunistic one could wonder.

I'll be interested in where his next employer comes from in the next few months. It is election time after all, deals get made.

Talk about a drama queen, there's definitely an agenda at work here, probably won't be too long before it becomes clear.

I honestly did not find his explanation of the situation credible.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
hockey dude

Post by hockey dude »

hey lone wolf MARY POLAK is a book burning homophobe. don't forget that was 1 million 2. of our hard earned tax dollars she wasted.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”