NDP Goons vandalize signs in Vernon

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
logicalview
Guru

NDP Goons vandalize signs in Vernon

Post by logicalview »

Typical of the NDP and their goon squad of union thugs. Disgusting behavior, but par for the course from that disgusting party.

Rocks and baseball bats have replaced campaign promises and candidates forum in the North Okanagan riding of Vernon-Monashee.

Several acts of vandalism over the past several days have marred the campaign.

The latest involved the campaign office of BC Conservative candidate, Scott Anderson where someone tossed a rock through the front window of the office sometime early Thursday morning.

"We've had trouble with vandalized signs in rural areas of the riding," says Anderson.

"But, this is the first time our office has been attacked. The window incident has been reported to the local RCMP Detachment."

Vernon RCMP confirm they have received a complaint, however, no suspect has been identified.

Anderson, in a news release concerning the incident appeared to lay blame on the NDP.

"When there's a race as close as the one between the NDP and the Conservatives in Vernon-Monashee, it's not surprising that we're seen as a threat," says Anderson.

"It's unfortunate that some people feel property damage is more effective than democracy."

Earlier in the week RCMP were notified that a shirtless man with tattoos had taken a baseball bat to several election signs east and west of Lumby along Highway 6. The man was seen with a woman, they were driving a grey Subaru.

RCMP state all three parties were affected, however, Liberal incumbent, Eric Foster seemed to be the main target.

Anderson says all of his signs from Lundy to Cherryville have been stolen while BC Liberal campaign workers state many of their signs in the Okanagan College and OK Landing areas of the riding have also been removed.

Both stated while their signs had been removed, NDP signs remained standing.

Workers within the NDP campaign stated they have been hit hard as well.

RCMP contacted them Wednesday indicating several of Mark Olsen's signs had been vandalized and destroyed.
Not afraid to say "It".
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: NDP Goons vandalize signs in Vernon

Post by Rwede »

Both stated while their signs had been removed, NDP signs remained standing.

That's all the proof anyone needs. Disgusting, immoral behaviour by NDP supporters.

I wonder if they were all under 35 and didn't know any better?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

RCMP state all three parties were affected, however, Liberal incumbent, Eric Foster seemed to be the main target...Workers within the NDP campaign stated they have been hit hard as well. RCMP contacted them Wednesday indicating several of Mark Olsen's signs had been vandalized and destroyed.

It doesn't say much about the character of Scott Anderson or Eric Foster if they both in fact whined to the news reporter in such a way as to point fingers at the NDP. It is also interesting that it appears the reporter of this article only asked Foster and Anderson, while not bothering to ask Mark Olsen if his signs had been vandalized, but least the RCMP's comments were reported.

Yup, all it takes are bits and pieces chosen from a news article to justify the title "NDP Goons vandalize..." by the crowd who have joined Henny Penny in her frantic message "the sky is falling, the sky is falling".
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

^^^ I don't think you read the last part of the story completely.

What I've found during this election campaign is that the NDP candidates have all been avoiding the media. I think those are Dix's orders - shut up and hope we win. So far, with an erosion of a 20% lead, the strategy has sucked immensely, and is quite likely going to cost the NDP the election.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Rwede wrote:^^^ I don't think you read the last part of the story completely.

What I've found during this election campaign is that the NDP candidates have all been avoiding the media. I think those are Dix's orders - shut up and hope we win. So far, with an erosion of a 20% lead, the strategy has sucked immensely, and is quite likely going to cost the NDP the election.

?? What am I missing??

Here is the last part of the story:

Earlier in the week RCMP were notified that a shirtless man with tattoos had taken a baseball bat to several election signs east and west of Lumby along Highway 6. The man was seen with a woman, they were driving a grey Subaru.

RCMP state all three parties were affected, however, Liberal incumbent, Eric Foster seemed to be the main target.

Anderson says all of his signs from Lundy to Cherryville have been stolen while BC Liberal campaign workers state many of their signs in the Okanagan College and OK Landing areas of the riding have also been removed. (Lumby to Cherryville is in Foster's stomping grounds, so it's not unrealistic to suspect his supporters, don't you think?)

Both stated while their signs had been removed, NDP signs remained standing. (Strongly suggest that Foster and Anderson were the two being asked?)

Workers within the NDP campaign stated they have been hit hard as well. (Okay, it seems maybe they did contact NDP workers, but why didn't the reporter extend the same courtesy to Mark Olsen that was given to the other two parties?)

RCMP contacted them Wednesday indicating several of Mark Olsen's signs had been vandalized and destroyed.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Do you know they didn't contact Olsen? Perhaps he declined to comment. Seems most NDP candidates are shutting their mouths about everything.

Case in point, I happened to read George Kozub's column in the Lake Country paper last week, and he said he attended an NDP rally where Dix spoke to the crowd in an orchard. Mr Kozub commented that he was disappointed that Mike Nuyens didn't get a chance to speak at the rally.

Unbelievable that at a rally in the candidate's riding that he isn't allowed to say a few words. Dix seems to be muzzling everyone, and that's backfiring big time as his own weak leadership is exposed moreso when he does.

When signs are vandalized and the NDP signs are the only ones left, it's not too hard to put 2 and 2 together.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Somebody said at coffee this morning he heard it was Liberals desperately running around trying to get it blamed on the NDP. The best comment was they should have taken everyone's and burned them.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Its_Like_That
Fledgling

Post by Its_Like_That »

Rwede wrote:When signs are vandalized and the NDP signs are the only ones left, it's not too hard to put 2 and 2 together.

Dix would prefer that an inquiry take place or at least some sort of taxpayer funded study.

It's awfully weird how the orange signs don't attract vandals. Maybe that's because they already look like graffiti.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

when you have a party that is bought and paid for by union thugs, whose president is being paid directly by union thugs, and whose leader was installed via bags of money delivered to the leadership campaign supplied by union thugs, it's obvious that union thugs were behind these vandalized signs in Vernon. I am sure they are doing the same thing in ridings all over BC but this is the only one that has been reported.
Not afraid to say "It".
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Nothing is quite as pathetic as a bully playing the victim card.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

NDP and Pathetic are synonyms.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Nah that is Clark and pathetic.

Liberals are masters at trying to make the other side look bad.

Their negative ads really turn people off.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-ndp-widens-lea ... -1.1276886
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Endless lying, forging documents, and stealing from charities, are NDP legacies, foremost amongst their many other failings. This is not a calibre of role model that I wish to have representing BC.

Your choice is evident.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, I've endured several NDP regimes, and not about to ever let them con me again.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Those are my exact feelings about the current Liberals.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”