Your vote

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Your vote

Post by French Castanut »

Today I'm going to vote, not for what I believe is the best party, but for what I think is the least worst one. I find our choices are very limited and I wish someone was out there to really make BC a better province to live in by lowering taxes, lesser the bureaucracy and useless expenses while cutting or having no deficit. Anyone else feels the same way?
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Your vote

Post by Captain Awesome »

French Castanut wrote:Today I'm going to vote

Yeah, good luck with that one.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Sure.

We all like lower taxes. Gordon Campbell tried this.

Result-major cutbacks in health and education.
Waiting lists and poor child services?
Immense child poverty.

Time for change.
Only the NDP is likely to produce improvements.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

What's about starting by cutting:
1. Useless liberal tv ads
2. Top salaries at ICBC, BC Ferries and all the other ones. ALso cutting "performance" bonuses... government is not a business, it's paid by and for its citizens.
3. Cutting the over-the-top-too-generous-its-ridiculous-what-a-bunch-of-crap pensions to MLA's and premiers
4. Cutting in bureaucracy... I'm sure we can find many places where the depts have to create themselves work to keep busy
#1-2-3-4 We would save a couple millions dollars per year (I'm sure we can save over $100 millions right there)

What's about stepping to Ottawa to stop equalization payment transfers that are used by Quebec for useless spendings & corruption as per La Commission Charbonneau? BC'ers Would save about 3-4 billions dollar a year right here.
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

George+ wrote:Time for change.
Only the NDP is likely to produce improvements.

If anything has become obvious this election it's that a lot of voters are extremely emotional about the state of government in our province. That being said, I'd really like to hear what you see as our biggest problems right now and what are the NDP going to do to correct them?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

-fluffy- wrote: If anything has become obvious this election it's that a lot of voters are extremely emotional about the state of government in our province. That being said, I'd really like to hear what you see as our biggest problems right now and what are the NDP going to do to correct them?

Give it up fluff, georgie can't answer anything unless it can be formatted like a limerick without the benefit of rhyme
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

-fluffy- wrote:
If anything has become obvious this election it's that a lot of voters are extremely emotional about the state of government in our province.

I see that as a good thing, maybe it will encourage more people to do their civic duty and vote.
I've always been severely disheartened by the amount of voter apathy, this election we're basically seeing record numbers going out to the early voting stations and I'm hoping today will be just as busy.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

A wonderful thing the voter tis.
Whose brain ignores ads with dumb negatives.
Today they will vote
For change from the rote
And tomorrow we'll sing with more positives.

With apologies to Ogden Nash
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Nom_de_Plume wrote:['ve always been severely disheartened by the amount of voter apathy...

I thought about getting on board with the apathy movement but just couldn't get enthused, you know?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Old joke: A politician out campaigning is chatting with a man on the street and asks, "What do you think is the bigger problem with the electorate today, ignorance or apathy?" The man replies, "I don't know and I don't care".

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”