liberal last day? predictions for Tuesday?

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Re: liberal last day? predictions for Tuesday?

Post by GoStumpy »

“For the NDP the challenge was always to just keep voters focused on the past; how long the Liberals had been in power, how they screwed up the HST business, and anything else you can think of, the B.C. Rail business, Basi-Virk…,” says Richard Johnston, a professor of political science at UBC.
“That’s the strongest card that the NDP has to play."

hrm. hah.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I'm predicting 53 Liberal seats and backdating that prediction to 4:00 PM.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Fisher-Dude wrote:BCL 48
    New Dumbs 36
    Sterk 1
    BCC Nada

Going by the latest poll that showed Clark with 43 seats as of last Wednesday. Dix has gone nowhere but down since then.

Wow! Congratulations! You win the prize for the most accurate prediction from anyone anywhere!!
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Logitack wrote:the liberal apologist and supporters will be insufferable...LOL

Hopefully most of the guys with some class will accept their victory with grace – like real winners. Leave the low brow stuff for those we expect it from – the dicks, dudes, logical and barbarians. As mush as I am disappointed we have voted to reward malfeasance and perpetuate the status quo, I recognize there was not a great choice as an option. This was made clearer and clearer as the campaigns got rolling and then closed down. Once again the Liberals are in a unique position to show some real class – an opportunity they’ve already been given and failed at on more than a few occasions by being spiteful and arrogant instead. Hopefully this time it will be different. Hopefully Christy’s plans to save the province with the export and sale of fairy farts will come to fruition as well. I’m not holding my breath awaiting either outcome but we'll see. Buenos nochas.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Urbane wrote:I'm predicting 53 Liberal seats and backdating that prediction to 4:00 PM.

Priceless!
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

well, dix and the ndp certainly had their chance and obviously failed miserably. they failed to bring to the forefront all the liberal transgression. it is clear that going negative DOES win elections! Dix tried to remain above the fray and above being negative, and now we know that it did not work. the ndp failed miserably. Dix should resign immediately!

this province is in big trouble, not for the liberal backers, but for everyone else. if the voters thought they would get a piece of the liberal pie, they will soon realize they will get nothing.

well done liberals!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

The voters, have been, and will continue to get, more under the Liberals than they ever would under an NDP government, thinking contrary is simply buying into NDP pie in the sky nonsense.

If voters didn't believe that, they just had their chance to do something about it and didn't.

Christy Clark now has a term to focus on governing, and best do so, as it will be make it or break it for her. No more excuses, and no more second chances.

Actually Logitack I'd construe your assessment as fear mongering, because first off as voting shows, the majority of people are Liberal backers, and more importantly, even the union NDP voters, have, and will still, make out just fine even under Liberal rule, and to suggest otherwise is fear mongering at its finest.

The old people aren't dumb and fortunately did recall who it was that's been building hospitals all over the province, as parents no doubt noted who has spent the last decade making major improvements to UBCO etc. so please don't keep trying to perpetuate this myth that no one but Liberal backers benefits. That's just wrong.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

NAB wrote:I wouldn't hazard even a carefully calculated guess what will happen tomorrow in terms of seat count, one reason being I have very little faith in polls accomplishing anything but causing the sheep collectively to turn into the wind, ....and I have direct experience with an electorate turning on a dime and handing back unexpected change on election day, particularly if an unusually strong turnout happens. I do think the urban/rural divide and the notorious BC polarization will persist, perhaps be even worse than it has ever been, and we will end up with just another crappy government.

The furthest I will go out on a limb is project a very close minority government for the Liberals, and that just comes from the gut with nothing of substance to support it rationally. I know that depends on some "others" (Greens, Conservatives, Independents) getting elected, and I think if that doesn't happen we are looking at another Liberal majority, albeit a very thin one...

....beyond that I can only say I hope I am very very wrong, and that the electorate collectively decides to give the Conservatives a shot at the very last minute.

Nab

Fisher-Dude pretty well nailed it but you were pretty close too Nab. Good for you!

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”