Juice Plus?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.

Postby Bubalouie » Jan 11th, 2008, 3:01 pm

Sass,
I too am on med's for high blood pressure and was told by my dr. to stay away from Cold Fx, any ginseng and also cough syrups with the DM in them.............

As for the capsules, if they can't tell you what's in them, stay away from it
User avatar
Bubalouie
Guru
 
Posts: 7917
Likes: 155 posts
Liked in: 431 posts
Joined: May 18th, 2005, 9:33 am

Postby gardengirl » Jan 11th, 2008, 3:01 pm

danyjr24 wrote:What are the ingrediants of an apple, an orange, brocolli, spinich? Juice Plus is classified as a whole food like the foods above so it doesn't have the ability to list every individual ingredient. U don't find a label on fruits and vegetables!!!


That is the loophole lots of these products use to avoid scrutiny by the FDA. They make all sorts of ambiguous health claims about the product, which imply that it is some miracle product.

How much apple, orange, broccoli and spinach is in the product? If it is packaged in a regular sized container, they should be able to provide this information just as Sun Rype does with its products. They should also be able to show how much of each nutrient is in it.

When you buy whole vegetables, you know what you are getting by size, weight, and volume.
With a mixture like this, you have no idea.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12812
Likes: 580 posts
Liked in: 581 posts
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 2:01 pm
Location: Wrong side of the tracks.

Postby FreeRights » Jan 11th, 2008, 5:54 pm

To be honest, all these suppliments are a tad ridiculous. Eating healthy and being healthy is a far better alternative.
FreeRights
Guru
 
Posts: 5572
Likes: 298 posts
Liked in: 1958 posts
Joined: Oct 15th, 2007, 2:36 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby mechanic_virus » Jan 12th, 2008, 8:44 pm

I took Juice Plus every day at age 12. I've never, ever liked taking pills, but they have a chewable version. Whereas other vitamins and such never had any sort of noticeable effect, I always felt more awake and clear-headed when I took the Juice Plus. I still get a box every now and again. I don't take it regularly (after so many years, the taste of the chewables make me gag), but every so often when I'm feeling sluggish I'll stick a few in the blender with some fruits and stuff, or grind a couple up and make it into a hot drink. I like the effect, not the taste.
If you're interested in giving it a shot, I'll kindly donate a bottle of each the fruit and the veggie to you. Just PM me if you're interested.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
User avatar
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3848
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Aug 22nd, 2006, 1:10 pm

Postby danyjr24 » Jan 14th, 2008, 8:10 am

No they do not have to be listed because Juice Plus is classified as a whole food, thus the Nutrition Facts, on the back of the bottles and not supplement facts. It is a whole food, not a medicine. There are no herbicides or pesticides used in any process of the Juice Plus capsule. The fruits and veggies are picked at the peak of ripeness and in capsule form within 48 hours. The company NAI in San Marcos, California is the actual maker of the product. Actually, even the capsule is now organic making the whole product organic.
danyjr24
 
Posts: 13
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 11th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Postby danyjr24 » Jan 14th, 2008, 8:18 am

If you have high blood pressure, they tell you to eat better, thus more fruits and vegetables. That is all that Juice Plus is, fruits and vegetables. My mother and grandmother is on JP+ and it keeps there blood pressure steady. I am not claiming that JP+ lowers blood pressure, but I have had my 2 closest women in my life on JP+ for 10+ years and see real benefits.
danyjr24
 
Posts: 13
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 11th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Postby browneyed girl » Jan 14th, 2008, 9:15 am

MaxMom wrote:Sass,
I too am on med's for high blood pressure and was told by my dr. to stay away from Cold Fx, any ginseng and also cough syrups with the DM in them.............

As for the capsules, if they can't tell you what's in them, stay away from it


Also, people like us with high blood pressure should avoid licorice, unless it is deglycerized licorice, as it can also raise blood pressure. Pity, because I love licorice tea.
browneyed girl
Übergod
 
Posts: 1301
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jul 25th, 2006, 12:52 pm
Location: northern BC

Postby BriTer » Jan 14th, 2008, 9:33 am

User avatar
BriTer
Guru
 
Posts: 7493
Likes: 21 posts
Liked in: 141 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 10:51 pm

Postby danyjr24 » Jan 14th, 2008, 10:13 am

haha. that was written 2 years ago and he is now under investigation by the United States Government. Good Try.
danyjr24
 
Posts: 13
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 11th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Postby danyjr24 » Jan 14th, 2008, 10:39 am

I bet I can go out on a limb and say that everyone who reads this probably has been affected by cancer in there lifetime. Someone in your family has probably been affected with it. My best friend when I was 15 years old was diagnosed with Leukemia and they sent him to St. Jude's hospital in Memphis, TN. Would everyone agree that St. Jude's is probably the #1 Childrens Cancer Hospital in the U.S? Juice Plus just happens to be the MAIN SPONSOR in the St. Jude's Marathon and has been. Check out the link. http://www.stjudemarathon.org/event_sponsors.htm
I don't think a prominent center such as St. Judes would associate themselves with just some company with some pill. Oh yeah, about 60% of the kids at St. Judes are currently on the Juice Plus products. Thats pretty good creditability!!!
danyjr24
 
Posts: 13
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 11th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Postby BriTer » Jan 14th, 2008, 11:10 am

danyjr24 wrote:haha. that was written 2 years ago and he is now under investigation by the United States Government. Good Try.


Good try? Huh? What on earth are you talking about? What was I 'trying'?
User avatar
BriTer
Guru
 
Posts: 7493
Likes: 21 posts
Liked in: 141 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 10:51 pm

Postby BriTer » Jan 14th, 2008, 1:45 pm

Just curious danyjr24, you wouldn't in some way be making money off of Juice Plus would you?? :smt102
User avatar
BriTer
Guru
 
Posts: 7493
Likes: 21 posts
Liked in: 141 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 10:51 pm

Postby danyjr24 » Jan 14th, 2008, 2:20 pm

I sure would. I have been with the company for 6 years and taking the product for 15. My dad is an NMD with the company and been full time with them since 1993.
danyjr24
 
Posts: 13
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 11th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Postby Josh Rogan » Feb 2nd, 2008, 12:29 pm

Oh Dany boy, there wasn’t a single correct statement in all your posts about Juice Plus. Hope you don’t mind if I take the liberty of correcting some of your misinformation.
danyjr24 wrote:What are the ingrediants (sic) of an apple, an orange, broccoli (sic), spinach (sic)? Juice Plus is classified as a whole food like the foods above so it doesn't have the ability to list every individual ingredient. U don't find a label on fruits and vegetables!!!


No, Juice Plus is not classified as a whole food; it is classified as a dietary supplement just like any other vitamin pill, and the only reason the complete ingredients/amounts aren’t listed on the label is because the manufacturer chooses not to provide the information – which is a very shady choice to make. Other similar fruit/veg powder supplements list all of their ingredients and amounts on the label. Although the ingredient amounts in Juice Plus are not divulged by the manufacturer, it seems the details have been leaked by other sources. They show that Juice Plus contains a variety of synthetic vitamin additives.
http://juiceplusresearch.blogspot.com/2 ... chive.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juice_Plus
http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/133/11/3725

danyjr24 wrote:The fruits and veggies are picked at the peak of ripeness and in capsule form within 48 hours. The company NAI in San Marcos, California is the actual maker of the product. Actually, even the capsule is now organic making the whole product organic.


Wrong on both counts! First, NAI doesn’t have anything at all to do with harvesting or processing fruit and vegetables. NAI buys pre-processed juice powders and isolated vitamins from at least 2 well known chemical manufacturers and then merely stuffs those juice powders and vitamins into capsules.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juice_Plus ... t_research

Second, there is not a single certified organic ingredient in Juice Plus. If anything in the product were organic, it would say so on the label. Falsely claiming a product contains organic ingredients can result in an $11,000 fine from the USDA.
http://www.ams.usda.gov/nop/Consumers/brochure.html

danyjr24 wrote:If you have high blood pressure, they tell you to eat better, thus more fruits and vegetables. That is all that Juice Plus is, fruits and vegetables. My mother and grandmother is on JP+ and it keeps there blood pressure steady. I am not claiming that JP+ lowers blood pressure, but I have had my 2 closest women in my life on JP+ for 10+ years and see real benefits.


What exactly are you claiming then? It sure looks like you are claiming that it lowers blood pressure, which is a violation of FDA regulations. Either you are claiming that your mother and grandmother didn’t have high blood pressure, in which case Juice Plus is doing nothing (i.e. it is not keeping “their blood pressure steady”), or you are claiming that they have high BP and Juice Plus is lowering it. Which is it?

danyjr24 wrote:haha. that was written 2 years ago and he is now under investigation by the United States Government. Good Try.


Who/what are you referring to? Stephen Barrett of MLMWatch? He is not being investigated by the US government and you shouldn’t be making such ridiculous allegations.

danyjr24 wrote:I bet I can go out on a limb and say that everyone who reads this probably has been affected by cancer in there lifetime. Someone in your family has probably been affected with it. My best friend when I was 15 years old was diagnosed with Leukemia and they sent him to St. Jude's hospital in Memphis, TN. Would everyone agree that St. Jude's is probably the #1 Childrens Cancer Hospital in the U.S? Juice Plus just happens to be the MAIN SPONSOR in the St. Jude's Marathon and has been. Check out the link. http://www.stjudemarathon.org/event_sponsors.htm
I don't think a prominent center such as St. Judes would associate themselves with just some company with some pill. Oh yeah, about 60% of the kids at St. Judes are currently on the Juice Plus products. Thats pretty good creditability (sic)!!!


Yes, you certainly are going out on a limb. What the heck does cancer have to do with Juice Plus? Are you implying that Juice Plus can treat or prevent cancer? If you are, then you are once again violating FDA regulations. Claims that a dietary supplement can prevent, treat or cure diseases are illegal.

All St. Jude’s did was to accept a donation from Juice Plus to fund a marathon; that is far from an endorsement of the product itself. And it is pretty obvious why Juice Plus would make a donation like that. So that misinformed Juice Plus distributors can go around pretending that JP is a cure for cancer.

Your claim that 60% of kids at St Jude’s are on Juice Plus is utter fantasy. Ridiculous! Shame on you! No reputable oncologist at St. Jude's would put a patient on Juice Plus, since antioxidant supplements can hinder the effectiveness of chemotherapy. I guarantee that St. Jude's does not use Juice Plus in any of their therapeutic regimens.
http://juiceplusresearch.blogspot.com/2 ... chive.html
http://www.oncolink.com/experts/article ... =3&id=2390

danyjr24 wrote:I sure would. I have been with the company for 6 years and taking the product for 15. My dad is an NMD with the company and been full time with them since 1993.


So then together, you and dad have more than 20 years of experience misinforming people about Juice Plus?
Josh Rogan
 
Posts: 5
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 30th, 2008, 9:04 am

Postby gardengirl » Feb 2nd, 2008, 12:42 pm

BRILLIANT!!!!!

:124:

Excellent comments and excellent first post.

Welcome Josh, I look forward to hearing more from you!
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12812
Likes: 580 posts
Liked in: 581 posts
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 2:01 pm
Location: Wrong side of the tracks.

PreviousNext

Return to Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests